It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

‘US is defending ISIS’: Russia convenes UNSC meeting after US coalition strike on Syrian army

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Is the Obama administration trying to start a war with Russia before the election in desperate hopes it will somehow scare Americans into voting for Hillary?

Sure seems like it.

Think forest, not trees. Hillary is not the objective. If I'm right...and I hope I'm not...she's the means to an end.
edit on 305311America/ChicagoSat, 17 Sep 2016 23:53:34 -050030pm30260America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: lightedhype
What do you mean it is being played at on a political level now? I for one and damn glad that Russia has the power to demand the US answer on this before the UN. Light needs to be cast on this.

But but; Liberty and justice for all and defending our freedoms over there! My ass.

Yep .... People and our government seem to forget Syria is a sovereign country and Russia is defending their right to exist..... While the USA is arming and training those who wish to overthrow the Syrian government just like Libya..

It would take some serious persuasion to convince me we are on the side of right and justice..

As far as mission planning and intell Russia has offered numerous times to share intell on troop positions so that something like this could be avoided.. USA crickets...

Sickening isn't it..... Oh and might as well end with a political statement... If Hillary get the POTUS position expect more of the war mongering, regime change B.S. IMO

. One the US has permission from thr Syrian govt to perform boming in Isis. .

That is a bold statement that I've never seen actual confirmation of. Care to reference it with a source?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I'm pretty sure this person is just mistaken in saying that the us has recieved conformation to bomb ISIS...

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

russia never pretends to be a do gooder hypocrite

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: dragonridr

The USA and co have not met the requirements for permission to bomb in Syria
there is no Syrian consent for attacks on its territory
The USA has only offered to Retaliate If Syria Interferes In the Airstrikes.
Obama isn't trying to a regime change in Syria? lol
Obama himself has for years asked President Assad to step down, and he is arming, training, and commanding an army on the ground to overthrow him.
The USA airfoce is bombimg Syrian industry and infrastructure to cripple the country to force him out.

Thank you sometimes a statement is so far off base I do not even want to waste my breath or fingers typing to such an uninformed reply.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

US-led coalition jets have bombed Syrian government forces’ positions near the eastern city of Deir ez-Zor, killing 62 troops and "paving the way" for Islamic State militants, the Syrian Army General Command told the state television.

xty-two Syrian soldiers were killed and over 100 injured in the airstrike by the US-led coalition, Russia’s Defense Ministry spokesman, Major-General Igor Konashenkov, said, citing information received from the Syrian General Command. The Russian Defense Ministry said that the aircraft which carried out the bombings had entered Syrian airspace from the territory of Iraq. Four strikes against Syrian positions was performed by two F-16 jet fighters and two A-10 support aircraft, it added.

This is the most significant news in the world now. CNN's front page belwilderingly minimizes the headline, that it is hardly noticable-amid Trump hit piece, and the conveniently timed NY minibomb.

The Defense Ministry also confirmed a report by SANA that an Islamic State offensive began right after Syrian Army positions were hit from the air. "Immediately after the airstrike by coalition planes, Islamic State militants launched their offensive. Fierce fighting with the terrorists is currently underway in the area of the airport where for a long a time humanitarian aid for civilians was parachuted,” Konashenkov said.

America killed 64 Syrian soldiers, thereby opening a route for ISIS to attain ground in the region.
Western MSM continues to fail coverage of America's complicity with ISIS.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

British airstrikes in Syria are 'illegal and will fail', says Assad
He is unhappy that Britain did not ask for permission to launch airstrikes in his country
www.dailymail.co.uk... U.S. Did Not Ask Assad’s Permission to Strike in Syria,the U.S. also supports the Syrian rebels in their three-year struggle against the Assad regime
www.mediaite.com...
Syria warns U.S. against bombing ISIS without permission
news.nationalpost.com...
Assad: Washington must seek Syria’s permission to launch air strikes against ISIS militants in Syria
www.middleeastmonitor.com...
Obama to Step Up Support of Syrian Rebels
youtu.be...
Obama said in a written statement. “For the sake of the Syrian people, the time has come for President Assad to step aside.”
www.washingtonpost.com...
cheers

edit on 18-9-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: 727Sky

British airstrikes in Syria are 'illegal and will fail', says Assad
He is unhappy that Britain did not ask for permission to launch airstrikes in his country
www.dailymail.co.uk... U.S. Did Not Ask Assad’s Permission to Strike in Syria,the U.S. also supports the Syrian rebels in their three-year struggle against the Assad regime
www.mediaite.com...
Syria warns U.S. against bombing ISIS without permission
news.nationalpost.com...
Assad: Washington must seek Syria’s permission to launch air strikes against ISIS militants in Syria
www.middleeastmonitor.com...

I know most of that... I was thanking you for your reply to dragonridr... Evidently I did not make myself clear.

American commandos 'forced to run away' from US-backed Syrian rebels

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
There was a cease fire in place. The russian and american forces are officially allies.
The official enemy is ISIS.

Despite all these facts the US uses 4 planes to kill more than 100 Syrian soldiers.

And still calls it "unintentional". - How could this even be remotely unintentional? The four pilots did not hear of the cease fire? They can't discern between ISIS and Syrian troops?

Plus they are still supporting 'moderate rebels' but can't even name them?

From a european point of view: we are tired of the useles wars. we are tired that we have to take care of hundreds of thousands of refugees which are fleeing from american weapons.
No matter if they are used by the US army, the 'moderate rebels' or ISIS. (ISIS' arsenal is 70% US weapons, some ransacked from the US backed Iraq Army, some through 'moderate' channels and some sponsored by Sauds.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This is CRAZY.

I was watching Samantha Power's speech and I was like - WTF? This is a Diplomat? Her language and affect were less than Diplomatic.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

More ironic bs from Russia.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

If there is a cease fire someone should tell the Syrian government, whose forces are still engaging and advancing.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Why is Russia getting so excited about the U.S. mistakenly bombing Syrian troops? Doesn't Syria have a President who can protest for himself?

Perhaps Trump was right. We have allowed so much wasteful spending that the dollars are not getting to the people and systems that need to be kept up-to-date technologically. One result is deadly "mistakes" like this.
edit on 9/18/2016 by carewemust because: see above

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
When you invest zillions in a project, of course you will do anything to defend it.

I suppose we've been officially informed now that the Islamic State has its own air force (USAF).

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Because Russia is trying to blow it out of proportion and embarrass the US. Hence the reason the US Ambassador to the UN called it a stunt.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JedemDasSeine
I suppose we've been officially informed now that the Islamic State has its own air force (USAF).

Anything to back that up other than one incident over several years we accidentally hit Syrian government forces? Or are you just jumping on the Russian bandwagon just because?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
This is CRAZY.

I was watching Samantha Power's speech and I was like - WTF? This is a Diplomat? Her language and affect were less than Diplomatic.

I've bookmarked her three-minute speech in case of vomiting necessity:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
For those who thinks the US doesn't have permission from Syria to bomb ISIS in Syria please take note...

Syria's foreign minister said today that his government is satisfied with the US-led bombing campaign against the Islamic State group, adding that the airstrikes should be expanded to include all other militant groups in Syria.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Walid al-Moallem said the fight against terrorism has aligned Damascus with Western and Arab opponents in fighting the same enemy.

Al-Moallem said the US does not inform Syria of every strike before it happens, "but it's OK."

www.outlookindia.com...

So the US does have permission to bomb ISIS in Syria.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Thats been pointed out time and again and because it doesnt fit the lie that the US has no permission to be there they ignore it as if it was never said.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The US is like Hillary they can brake any law, do any crime at any time and get away with it.

They can starts wars (with no end in sight!), sanction any country because they have power over all these so called international institutions... and nobody should even try starting to point a finger at the US, ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join