It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

‘US is defending ISIS’: Russia convenes UNSC meeting after US coalition strike on Syrian army

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Moscow has called an urgent UN Security Council meeting after US-led coalition hit Syrian forces, killing 62 soldiers and wounding 100 more. The Russian FM spokeswoman blasted Washington over the indiscriminate airstrike that she said serves the interests of ISIS terrorists. “If previously we had suspicions that Al-Nusra Front is protected this way, now, after today's airstrikes on the Syrian army we come to a really terrifying conclusion for the entire world: The White House is defending IS [Islamic State, formerly ISIS/ISIL]," Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova told Rossiya 24. “We demand a full and detailed explanation from Washington. That explanation must be given at the UN Security Council,” Zakharova added.

www.rt.com...

Just two days or so into the so-called cease fire in Syria, US lead collation breaks the truce. This is pretty big in my opinion and proves the US is backing those barbaric savages. It's all going to unravel...can't be much longer. The tension has been winding like a rubber band for the past 6 years and it's going to snap.

[US coalition] strikes have cleared the way for ISIS fighters to take over Deir ez-Zor city now,” confirmed Syrian Minister of Defense Fahd Jassem al-Freij. “It is only because of Russian Air Force support [that] the offensive of the terrorist group was stopped. We request that the air support for the Syrian armed forces be continued by the Russian air force in order to destroy the terrorists.”

This is just BS already...

Oh, btw. When some of us wake up after the Nuke hit, how will anyone know who drew first blood?

Additonal RT coverage

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Is the Obama administration trying to start a war with Russia before the election in desperate hopes it will somehow scare Americans into voting for Hillary?

Sure seems like it.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

It's only a matter of time now before the U.S. and Israel stage a false flag somewhere and blame Russia...then comes WW3.

This formula is getting so old. The cabal needs to hire new screenwriters. Hacks.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

RT is a bit biased when it comes to reporting US activities. They tend to make up things and simultaneously downplay Russian activity to suit their bias confirmation.

Ukraine is a prime example of this.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Except Western news is also running with the story. In fact I first read it in my local papers website today, but the titles have changed no that the Pentagon owned up to it.

The Latest: US expresses regret over errant Syrian airstrike

US says it may have struck Syrian troops while targeting IS

It did actually happen, but only the most naive would believe it was a mistake. Mistakenly destroyed three tanks, three infantry fighting vehicles, four mortars and an anti-aircraft gun. That is not one single strike. That is multiple bombs fired at multiple targets with clear battlefield view of the enemies who then took the hill overlooking the Syrian airbase. All of it using the "most advance" optics and precision weapons. But yea, a "mistake". Ok

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
US said that this was an attack that was planned for days. And that the US believe it was an ISIS strong hold

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kazber

Our government is going to kill us

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You won't find me defending the US in mistaken strikes, trust me on that.

What is sad is this event is being played at a political level now.

US did this, Russia did this.

Meanwhile a few million Syrians are trying to find a place to live that isn't being bombed to oblivion.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kazber
US said that this was an attack that was planned for days. And that the US believe it was an ISIS strong hold

Its funny they are able to read my book from the space, but they've been mistaken about terrorist stronghold, about where to drop the bomb, accidentally kill 62 ?! US violates Syria's sovereignty for years, how stupid these soldiers are?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

A phone call maybe?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth

originally posted by: Kazber

how stupid these soldiers are?
As much as I would like to place that blame, you just can't

Soldiers are indoctrinated to believe good guy bad guy.

It isn't their fault for being unable to distinguish the two.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Can't place blame?

This wasn't and random soldier lunching a missile and missing its target. This was a planned attack on an area and blame should be placed.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

And Russia is guilty of the same exact thing.

So who is the bad guy?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Exactly

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Mistook them for a hospital?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

As much as I would like to place that blame, you just can't

Soldiers are indoctrinated to believe good guy bad guy.

It isn't their fault for being unable to distinguish the two.

They supposed to be smart and well-trained soldiers to avoid such situations.

Would You justify homicide because of media 'indoctrination'? People do push the button, people order airstrikes.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It's insane how dangerous to the world this Obama administration is. Civilian life means nothing to them.

Meanwhile, liberals care little and instead want to tell us Trump is the real danger and that mean words ruin lives.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

And Russia is guilty of the same exact thing.

So who is the bad guy?

Ever since the Bolshevik revolution, Russia has always been portrayed as the bad guy. I think in the 21 century, they're really the good guy. I can't find fault with any of Putin's decisions in light of what the US has been up to for the past 60 years. Screw NATO and the UN an their entire nation building Globalist agenda.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You can't find faults in Putin re-writing Russia's political process to keep himself in power?

People talk about western indoctrination, but, wow.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You can't find faults in Putin re-writing Russia's political process to keep himself in power?

People talk about western indoctrination, but, wow.

Have you been paying attention to this year's election?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join