It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown voice on computer speakers?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
When I turn my PC volume down sometimes (but more often than I want)
I get Radio station come through the speakers, I've had English and foriegn stations come through. It's happened ever since we got windows media.

I can only imagine this or something similar is happening to you...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
I used to get truckers on my shortwave radio a LOT!
Sometimes you could understand them....
What was weird was this one with a computer voice just saying numbers over and over.........
I think it was for air traffic or weather. It sounded like coordinates.

Were the numbers: 4 8 15 16 23 42 ?

It has been revealed in The Lost Experience that these six numbers are the core values of the Valenzetti Equation, a mathematical formula designed to predict the end of humanity.
www.lostpedia.com...

Okay, that's it, no more LOST for me.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Oh noes!!!!
I don't remember!
Thank God for the Bible.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceara
Nothing to be afraid of really.

Not really afraid, but does shock ya when you hear a booming voice come from somewhere unexplained at first.

Originally posted by Ceara
Electronics pick up stuff all the time. I wouldn't say it's "from the beyond" or anything like that. In our case, I don't think dead people have talk radio.

"Welcome to dead-guy radio! How are you Ned?"

"Still dead. You Fred?"

"Dead too"

This does however remind me of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes:

"an old lady sitting in a chair and the phone keeps ringing and no one answers when she says"Hello?" then she goes to bed, the phone keeps ringing she answers it "Hello? Hello?" gets mad and hangs up then she calls the operator to trace the call and the operator said it was from a location where there was a fallen wire the old lady asked where would that be and the operator said the cemetary! Ugh! So she has her maid drive her to the grave yard there is her old boyfriends grave and the phone wire going down the dirt into the coffin! Then she goes home and he calls her again..."
- answers.yahoo.com... , episode guide tzone.the-croc.com...

I don't think it's from beyond. If it were, they'd likely have much more interesting things to say if they were able to 'break on through to the other side'.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
I get Radio station come through the speakers, I've had English and foriegn stations come through. It's happened ever since we got windows media.

I'd be interested in discovering the root cause. My sig other and I have the same speakers, but it only happens to mine. In addition, it happens when they're turned off. That for me makes it weird/cool.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
thanks goodness someone else has experienced this. Many a time my speakers have picked up full blown conversations, usually in foreign. At first i thought it was something on the sites i was on. But i could not locate one stream or audio player. Even when the windows were closed, the sounds continued. Maybe it is just interferance with radios but why foreign?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by Chukkles

I'd be interested in discovering the root cause. My sig other and I have the same speakers, but it only happens to mine. In addition, it happens when they're turned off. That for me makes it weird/cool.

I can only suggest it may be some software, (Like with me it's Windows Media that you can get terrestrial TV and Radio on). Do you have any software similar or infact have Windows Media???

But what I find strange it happens when the Volume is just past being completely off.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is not the same, but I am posting a link to an early thread by yours truly, because it might be of interest to you or to someone else.

An odd interference (?)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
When I turn my speakers up to maximum and keep my finger on the volume dial, I can hear a pirate radio station. As soon as I take my finger off the dial, the music is gone. I've come to the conclusion that my body is picking up the radio's signal and conveying the signal into the speakers. It's a terrible reception but good enough to make out the music being played.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

sometimes your speakers some how manage to pickup radio frequency, and stuff...

But that's just it: HOW exactly does that "somehow" happen?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
This is not the same, but I am posting a link to an early thread by yours truly, because it might be of interest to you or to someone else.

An odd interference (?)

Thanks for this, it's helpful reading a cross-reference about sound coming out of devices that are turned off. Interesting phenomena without a doubt.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
When I turn my speakers up to maximum and keep my finger on the volume dial, I can hear a pirate radio station. As soon as I take my finger off the dial, the music is gone. I've come to the conclusion that my body is picking up the radio's signal and conveying the signal into the speakers.

Now that's just way cool. A kind of bio-antenna. Your body is serving as a conductor being a solid (and water), instead of high-resistance air. Totally nifty, glad you shared this. I'm wondering if the nerves facilitated that transmittion too since they're chemical transmitters. I wonder if there's some kind of relationship between chemical and electrical transmitters that we've yet to discover or use.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I too have had an experience similar to this. This happened to me around 2000. A voice came over my speakers and said "We're watching you". That was it. One time only. I had never had anything like that happen prior or since. Also that was about the same time I had printed off the Dulce papers. Now I mostly keep the speakers off!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx
This happened to me around 2000. A voice came over my speakers and said "We're watching you".

Also that was about the same time I had printed off the Dulce papers.

Wholly smokes! That would bug me out
. I'm sure there's a logical explanation. Perhaps it was a walkie talkie at a nearby zoo...

"Hey guys? Where you at?"

*battery power spike* "We're watching ewe!"

If it's any consolation, we're all being watched. Started a thread about that too: Big brother is taking my picture.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The fact is that voices do come through speakers occasionally. I remember back in the late 90s, my friend was on the computer and we were in a lab, suddenly these voices start coming through. You could actually talk to them. I forget what we asked them and stuff....we were like 13 at the time. I'm unsure as to whether there was an actual conversation. All I remember was that it was a good laugh. Most likely some type of interferance from the walkie talkies on campus or something.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Soulstone]

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Soulstone]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DesEagle50cal

I had the same experience! before it happened the room went cold and it felt like blackness had swept through the room even though it was fully lit.
i was playing stairway to heaven and at the end it sounded like a voice through my amp said ''Death" it was strange

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
i too sometimes hear voices on my computer rarely tho
i once had a walkie talkie set which could pick up a local radio station with static
but the walkie talkie itself never worked
(as in a could not speak to the other person)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ye olde cordless phones of the late 80's used to be able to be picked up from a police scanner we had...and sometimes by other cordless phones.

These devices were made to pick up signal though, unlike the computer speakers which shouldn't have much to do with wireless or so I thought.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It's a CB. Certain speakers will pick up CB transmissions.

Mine do this all the time. If a truck drives within a mile or so of me using a CB my speakers instantly pick it up.

First time I thought hack?!? then thought oh no I'm going psychotic. Quickly figured out what it was.

Chances are someone around you has a CB and is using it.

Now if you live in the boonies then someone is illegally ramping up their distance and can get into a whole lot of trouble for it.

Also take note of the weather when it happens. I noticed low cloud cover caused me to receive transmissions from much further away.

PS. My speakers never use to do this had them about 10 years and then bam it just started happening for no reason. I'm using logitec that I bought for 100 bucks about 15 years ago.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by paul76
When I turn my speakers up to maximum and keep my finger on the volume dial, I can hear a pirate radio station. As soon as I take my finger off the dial, the music is gone. I've come to the conclusion that my body is picking up the radio's signal and conveying the signal into the speakers.

Now that's just way cool. A kind of bio-antenna. Your body is serving as a conductor being a solid (and water), instead of high-resistance air. Totally nifty, glad you shared this. I'm wondering if the nerves facilitated that transmittion too since they're chemical transmitters. I wonder if there's some kind of relationship between chemical and electrical transmitters that we've yet to discover or use.

Do you get radio transmissions through your fillings?

If not fill up your mouth with tin foil and see what happens lol...

Just curious if it is transferring through the body to the speaker how do you make a human speaker then?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join