It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown voice on computer speakers?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm putting this into paranormal for two reasons:
1) It was weird.
2) It was not normal.

So I'm on here at ATS composing another lengthy reply, with Everquest running in the background (I have a trader set up to sell stuff). Keep in mind to my knowledge Everquest nor ATS had voice capability. From my computer speakers I hear something that sounds like a channel opening...like when you turn your cell phone on when it's next to your ear. A little pop with very faint static. A voice comes through from a guy I'd say between late teens to early thirties who says, "That's what mamma used to say..." then fades out. I didn't recognize the voice. Here are my reactions in chronological order: "Crap, I'm getting hacked!", then "That was odd.", and finally "can computer speakers pick up cell phones?" In retrospect, computer speakers don't have 'receivers' and I'm running a cable modem, not phone. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a mystery on our hands. Your assessment please?

Some things that it is not:
- Substance related. Never did drugs, no interesting medication, not drinking alcohol
- Sleep deprivation. I'm fine. In fact it reallly startled me when the 'channel opened'
- Hallucination/Imagination. Please do not say I'm crazy, I get enough of that when I'm on the Conspiracy in Religion threads

- Other programs. Nothing else is running, I don't want to lose my trader on Everquest. Gotta make phat platinum. I build computers for fun so it's wacky when your own creation misbehaves.

Overall, I'm glad whoever it was listened to their mamma.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm not a troubleshooter or an electrical engineer but I was thinking a signal from a phone was somehow getting into your speaker wires.

I remember when I used to live near a busy highway. I would be watching cable tv and occasionally a trucker using his cb radio would suddenly be broadcasting right from the speakers on our TV in our den. It would only last for a minute or two while the trucker was within a certain range.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Well I get this staticy sound for a second every once in a while for no reason on my labtop. Ive never actually heard a voice. I do know that when I call my uncle the phone wires at his apartment building are all messed up and I can hear other people talking and they can hear me. I evan once heard some guy trying to get on the internet. Maybe thats what it is. Doesnt explain my labtop. Maybe Ill record it and find a voice like on white noise.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I'd guess somebody near you has a hell of a CB radio set up saint. If it continues to be a problem, the FCC will investigate a complaint (or so i have heard) and if this guy is broadcasting beyond the wattage limit then they can shut him down. Considering it was some guy talking about his mother, I think it is going to be some kind of interference related issue.
Look around your immediate neighborhood, if you see somebody fairly close by with a Base Antanae for a CB I'd bet that's going to be your culprit. If you do locate them and wanted to get drastic, a trip to radio shack and with some parts from a neon sign and an old microwave... ah never mind.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
- Hallucination/Imagination. Please do not say I'm crazy, I get enough of that when I'm on the Conspiracy in Religion threads

There are many interesting things going on in today's technology, you may never know who is hacking your computer. You may think that you are an expert, but there may be surpriese out there.

Still, if there is no technical explanation, and if there is, but you stick to the paranormal issue, than you are having deep trouble concerning your mental health.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The guy next door to me is a taxi driver,sometimes his radio comes though on my PC speakers.If a signal is strong enough and conditions are right ,all sorts of electrical gadgets can pick things up

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I also quite often hear news reports and other kind of things on my computer speakers.
One day I heard about some gas disaster on australia if my memory serves me well, anybody knows anything about this?

The things they say can be in any language, english, russian, chinese...

Could it be that my speakers are somehow picking up satelite frequency's or something like that?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You can quite often get breakthrough on speakers and such, its pretty normal - don't worry. Inadequate shielding from RF and relatively cheap devices don;t help...

Here's a bit:

Audio systems

RF breakthrough in an audio system can often be cured by fitting ferrite rings to the loudspeaker cables as shown by 'Y1' and 'Y2' in Fig 3. In some cases, additional ferrite rings may be required such as at 'Y3' on the mains cable. Rings may also be required on audio cables or mains cables of other units such as a cassette deck or CD player.

www.rsgb.org...

[edit on 22-1-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I've had similar occurances... (DON'T get excited... I have the explanation too).

If you're using AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) or any other software that has adds (or it could also be simple pop-up adds, not necessarily from a specific software) some of the adds (through java script, html, or flash, etc...) produce sounds or music can be conveyed to you without your direct request. I've heard everything from music, and full TV-like commercials, to short (and creepy if you're not ready for it) messages containing only a few words... which can seem like they're coming from nowhere because the sound or voice doesn't last long enough for you to figure out what on your comp is makeing it... whereas the longer ones are pretty easy to track down because it gives you more time.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
My computer speakers will occasionally pick up a radio station. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, it just happens, and the only way to stop it is to unplug my speakers.

The answer, I believe, lies in FCC regulations. All FCC-approved electronic devices have to accept any interference which they may receive. Look on your speakers; you'll find a notice to this effect. You're getting interference from somewhere, be it a talk radio station, a CB radio, or a cordless or cell phone.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
well that is odd and i have heard some interesting facts relating to the causes here. It could be you wires if improperly sheilded, It could also be your comput itself too. I would be interested in seeing a schematic of the parts in your computer and the way they are layed out. Sometime the computers transistors in a randomly placed order are just right to simulate an antenna and pick up frequencies depending on the current in them. much like residual flow of electricity from high voltage wires. Theres alot of neat thing s that the houshold computer can do without your knowledge. In fact i recently heard that the feedback radiation on the monitor can be used to get a sort of radar phot of the inside of the room its sitting in.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Same thing has happened to my roommate with his computer. Also his computer speakers make alot of noise just before his cell phone rings when he is in his room and the the speakers are on.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Strange, indeed. One time I woke up and heard someone screaming and it was if they were right in my apartment. I looked around and no one was in the apartment, and then I ran outside to see if someone was in trouble. Nobody was around. I've come to the conclusion that somehow I was hearing something that can't be explained but only by paranormal theories.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I'd guess somebody near you has a hell of a CB radio set up saint.

This sounds like the right theory.

If it continues to be a problem, the FCC will investigate a complaint (or so i have heard)....

Nah, not that worried about it unless they say something like, "There a joker on his computer paying Everquest late at night. Let's stop in to raid and plunder the village viking-style!"

If you do locate them and wanted to get drastic, a trip to radio shack and with some parts from a neon sign and an old microwave... ah never mind.

*ears perk up* Hm hm hm?

orionthehunter
... I would be watching cable tv and occasionally a trucker using his cb radio would suddenly be broadcasting right from the speakers on our TV in our den. It would only last for a minute or two while the trucker was within a certain range.

I betcha that's it. I live next to a dual highway (or a duel highway on heavy snow days) that's a major route for trucking. There are even some truck drivers who live in the development. I'm trying to picture a trucker talking about what his mamma used to say...still having troubles with that

I think y'all were pretty well on target, much appreciated.

Taking things a step further - sounding boards. I'd been to church recently where when the pastor spoke, the hardback Bible I had borrowed from the pew would vibrate in my hands occasionally. It was pretty cool.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magickesists
I would be interested in seeing a schematic of the parts in your computer and the way they are layed out.

Mobo: www.mainboard.cz...

Speakers: www.dealtime.com...
Can I tell you I've had these puppies for 4 years and they're awesome!

Vid-yo: www.newegg.com...
Don't play EQ without it.

Soundcard: www.allstarshop.com...

I couldn't find detailed schemes but here are the interesting parts.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
LOL, even weirder, I've had voices come through my PC with no speakers or .phones hooked up, the sound came straight from the hard drive, or somewhere internal. Was freaky for sure. It happened on a few occasions.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'd say you are being visited from beyond..........Or the government is sending you messages to drive you crazy?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Observed this phenomenon occasionally when visiting a previous version of the ATS Chat Room. No auditory hallucination and never explained adequately. Never good to feel any part of your system has been compromised.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
yes quite interesting indeed with the layout in the blue prints of those specific parts you are capably of picking up cell phone signals but not cb. Or so the resident expert on computers says at the shop here. hes had it happen before and as a result reconfigured the positions of the parts and voila no noise.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Do you mean through the hard drive?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join