It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

More Trump Anti-Freedom Of The Press Shenanigans? Vice Reporter Arrested Outside Trump Event

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:35 AM

originally posted by: thesaneone
So because the hotel manager had him arrested it's Mr. Trumps fault?

More tabloid stories from ante, keep up the awesome work bro.

Like I said, these threads are more entertaining than The Enquirer.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:36 AM

originally posted by: GreenGunther
It was the hotel manager who requested that he leave - right of admission reserved?
That's what I'm guessing, Trump is the client, the hotel are the property owners and establishment owners, they decide who's allowed inside or out. I think

Yes the hotel would be responsible for making sure people do not inter without a pass. If thr reporter didn't have a pass he was trespassing. If the manager asked him to leave and he didn't than they would call the police. The only way he can be arrested is if he was informed by the hotel to leave the premises. Failure to do so becomes trespassing.

Trust me if the Trump campaign knew he was there the last thing they would want is to have him arrested. Case in point is this thread it creates another media event. My guess is he demanded to speak to the Trump campaign was told no and asked to leave. When he didn't the hotel manager decided to have him removed. A better option for thr reporter was to call the press is given a liason by each candidate and that person's only job is to handle the press.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:02 AM

originally posted by: DAVID64

He's infamously blacklisted reporters from various media outlets from his events

You mean the way Obama snubbed Fox News? Or is that ok,'s Fox News, right?

Snubbing FOX news is a far cry from banning reporters from your rally's like Trump has done. But it's Trump so that makes it ok huh?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:14 AM
a reply to: buster2010

Until reporters regain their integrity they aren't reporters anyway. They're propaganda agents. Fire the lot of them as far as I'm concerned.

Get us a real media again, and I'm all about freedom of the press. Right now I'm more concerned with fixing the press first.

So Trump's telling them to # off. So am I. It may be for different reasons, but it bothers me less than the corruption, bias and completely lack of journalistic integrity that has polluted our media.

When we have a media worth protecting again, let me know. I've no concern with protecting our government and elites ability to lie to and manipulate us with propaganda. The media turned on us. If they want me to care again they need to work for us. As is, they have the government and elite on their side. They don't need me to defend them too, they aren't doing me any favors.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:18 AM
If the guy was arrested then Im sure the cops had a good legal reason, they just don't arrest people without a reason.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:20 AM

originally posted by: beeyotch
If the guy was arrested then Im sure the cops had a good legal reason, they just don't arrest people without a reason.

Incorrect cops can detain you including strip searching you without charge or arresting you.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:06 AM

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Nikola014

How might that work? Well let's see:

The Trump campaign is butthurt at Vice News so they're playing games with issuing credentials. The Vice News reporter arrives at the venue to inquire about the status of the credentials he should have already had. As the reporter is waiting for a response from the Trump campaign, the Hotel Manager of the Omni Westside Hotel warns him that he's trespassing.

That would be the manager of the Omni Westside Hotel, the hotel that Donald Trump is paying for space to host his event. The police took the journalist into custody on the strength of the word of the Hotel Manager.

Did the manager call the Trump campaign contact? If he did, then they're definitely on the hook. If he didn't, why wouldn't he have called the campaign staff before the police despite the man presenting himself as a journalist?

You want to bet that this would never have happened to a journalist from Breitbart News? How about Fox News? The Daily Caller? WND? A holocaust denying white supremacist podcaster (that guy gets VIP parking).

Of course not because first and foremost, they would never had to show up to an event without press credentials because Donald Trump isn't trying to keep them out.

You cannot be trespassed and arrested until after you are asked to leave and then ignore that request.

Your own OP states that this was the case.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but it's clear that the Vice reporter (I quite enjoy Vice, by the way), was asked to leave and remained, at which point he was trespassed and arrested. Sounds to me like Vice, who is pretty clearly anti-Trump, decided to stir the pot a bit.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:14 AM

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: olaru12

So many snowflakes I thought I'd triggered a blizzard!

Is your goal to convince people to stop supporting Trump? If so, you're doing a terrible job at it. Rather than have meaningful and respectful conversations with people you treat everyone who disagrees with you as if they are intellectually and morally inferior. This very clearly pits them against you and your side of the argument and serves to fortify their opposing stance.

No - when I read what you write here I realize you're too smart to have missed this point. The only logical conclusion is that you don't want to change opinion, win hearts and minds, or trade thoughts and ideas - you are here just to talk $^&% and stir the pot. You take some infantile and primal joy in making others angry. You are just as bad as the candidate you hate for your lack of respect and goodwill toward others - but you hide behind some alleged moral high ground that is nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

You are the worst kind of person.
edit on 18-9-2016 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:30 AM
It's beautiful how he has snubbed evil Hegelian media and succeeded so well. Bravo.

edit on 18-9-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:46 PM
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Why would you feel in limbo? Are you confused about something?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:49 PM
a reply to: theantediluvian

I love it. I wonder if we can pass some anti-propaganda laws. Currently propaganda is entirely legal, and most of the large news networks are propped up with government (our) money. We also give massive tax breaks to Hollywood based on how and what they are filming. Each of the alphabet agencies and military organizations have "media liaison" offices. The purpose is to ensure that the correct "message" is being sent via the movie, TV show, or whatever else is published.

All of our news comes from once source. We see what happens when people in the MSM speak against the narrative. They get fired, blacklisted, or worse.

Whistleblowers on the other hand, they get exiled, silenced, locked up, or murdered.

Do you not see a problem with this?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:35 PM

edit on 18-9-2016 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:43 PM
a reply to: UKTruth

Agreed. The problem is, hotels are private property. That means, if the hotel manager tells you to leave, you leave. End of story. Now, if the manager overstepped, then they can always call corporate office. They try to stay as neutral as possible. Don't want to alienate any potential customers. That manager might just have lost his job. But point is, freedom of the press doesn't work here. The manager decided that this was trespassing, and called police. Police evidently agreed with him, and arrested the reporter. Not Trump's, Clinton's, or Obama's fault.

I think I'm done with this thread though. It's less about the incident, and more about name calling. I don't want to get my feelings hurt.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:36 AM

originally posted by: Nikola014
Donald Trump can order who should police arrest?
Didn't know he had control over police, or am I missing something?

Yeah, but the fact remains, the arrest sounds fishy to me. Now, I would just like to add that I think ALL of these mainstream 'journalists' ought to be arrested, along with their editors, for treason. WTF is this idiot following a Trump campaign instead of investigating, say, the Clinton Foundation, or the latest criminal acts of the CIA, or all the police-state tactics going on in this country? Instead, they flock to meaningless papp from politicians talking about freaking birth certificates, and if someone is healthy or not, or creating propaganda about racism and such.

Oh wait, the reporter is now in an excellent position to investigate police state abuse! Hope he publishes a real 'expose'. I certainly won't be holding my breath...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:48 AM

Thompson's been released after 11 hours custody:

A Remembrance Project staffer told Thompson to wait in the lobby while she pursued more information. Hotel management then asked VICE News staff to leave the premises. Caulderwood and the camera operator departed the hotel to shoot footage of a protest outside. Thompson stayed in the lobby.

Thompson was then approached by a hotel manager who said, "Were you asked to leave and did you come back?" Thompson responded that he was a reporter waiting for clarification of his press credentials and that he had not left and reentered the hotel. The hotel manager warned Thompson that he'd be arrested if he stayed, then walked away.
VICE News reporter Alex Thompson released after arrest at Trump event in Houston

Thompson says he wasn't read the Miranda and alleges the police said they didn't have to because, "This is Houston."

The Trump campaign issued a statement to VICE News saying they had nothing to do with Thompson's arrest.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:16 AM

That was the latest pre 9 11 showing, the one after 9 11 appears to have some chicanery.
edit on 19-9-2016 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:32 AM

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If I went to McDonalds and caused a scene and they called the police, it wouldn't be because I was eating a hamburger. It would be because I was causing a scene.

So why whenever there is a news piece about Trump supporters causing a scene/violence/racist chanting at rallies do you question its integrity and claim its bias. Yet abandon the same logic when the outcome is against your personal agenda?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:59 AM

originally posted by: Xenogears

That was the latest pre 9 11 showing, the one after 9 11 appears to have some chicanery.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:05 AM

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: intrepid

Can't bloody wait.

But I'm apprehensive that it may just get worse here, mate.

Us foreigners (I can speak for us, right?) are in limbo I feel.

No limbo at all.

If your here legally no issue at all, if not....

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:11 AM

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Trump should order police to arrest Hillary.
You guys were right. They are working together, after all!

Joking aside, I still don't understand what Trump has to do with any of this. He cannot order police to arrest those he does not like. Unless you claim he can do exactly that, and show me some evidence, I'd say this is just another anti-Trump propaganda news piece, from our number 1 anti-Trump member...

Got to admit that being arrested for causing a media issue is better then "committing suicide" like he reporters that get on Hillary's nerves. Just saying...

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>