It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

More Trump Anti-Freedom Of The Press Shenanigans? Vice Reporter Arrested Outside Trump Event

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: theantediluvian

So he was being a nuisance then and was rightly arrested, with none of this to do with Trump.
Pretty much what I thought.

Good update though.

Never Trump creating their own news.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

It does matter because that's the piece of the puzzle that is missing.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

It does matter because that's the piece of the puzzle that is missing.

His motivation doesn't even come into play. The establishment has the right to ask ANYONE to leave. You refuse you get the cops. Easy peasy.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Yes. I mean hey, I'm all for somebody willing to put it on the line in defense of something as important and fundamental as freedom of the press and I'm still going to wait to hear what he has to say when he's released but that's the thing with fighting the good fight, you have to be willing to take the lumps.

If the Trump campaign itself wasn't involved then it's a dispute between the reporter and the event organizers/hotel management. I still find it hard to believe that the hotel management would tell a reporter to leave without contacting whoever was in charge of overseeing the media presence.

It still sounds as though the campaign could have been playing games with Thompson's press credentials (if they weren't handling it, why not redirect to who was?) which could very well be a seperate issue.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Was he asked to leave because the campaign denied him or he made a ruckus the first time? It does make a difference. That doesn't mean I am justifying his reaction.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I don't know what is so hard to understand this?

The establishment has the right to ask ANYONE to leave.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Yes they do. My question is WHY they asked him to leave.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Apparently the Remembrance Project event originally had been open to the press, but, according to Trump's campaign, the Project limited it to only the campaign press pool.

As recently as last week, Trump’s website allowed the public and press to register to attend the event. The site now notes that “this is a private event” without providing any details about the change. The homepage of the project’s website currently invites journalists to register for the luncheon and includes a link to a media credential form. The form, however, does not list the Houston event, only an event in Florida and another in Colorado on Saturday.

Calls to the Trump campaign, including to its deputy director for Texas, and emails to The Remembrance Project were not returned Friday.

Houston Chronicle

So, no one at the event to check press credentials, because it was only campaign press pool reporters? If Thompson was told by the Trump campaign "pending", what's a reporter to do, where to go at that event, that originally had been open to the public and press? If it was up to the campaign, no one was around to say yes or no to "pending". Apparently, no one from The Project was either.

Snafu.

Maureen Dowd should have more to say on this. lol
edit on 17-9-2016 by desert because: sp

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Any business can ask ANYONE to leave regardless of circumstances. If the person does not leave after being warned, the police can arrest. It's called Criminal Trespass in TX. Has nothing to do with Mr. Trump...sorry folks...I question the accurate reporting on this one. I concur, a hit piece.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: thesaneone
I see the op has been edited to include Trumps taxes and his support for gun rights.

Getting desperate.

What looks desperate in my opinion is the flood of Trumpeteers who rush into every thread I create about Trump and try to derail them with unclever one-liners. It happens so frequently that maybe we should give it a name. Basket of deplorables is already taken though... hmmm...

Rush of Deniers?
Stampede of Snowflakes?
Blitz of Bulls#?
Flood of Haters?
Dash of Desperation?
Citizens for Truth , Justice , and the American Way

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I don't know if Maureen Dowd said this before or after her former co-worker was arrested, but it says a lot.

Maureen Dowd: Trump says violence against protesters and press adds ‘excitement’ to his rallies

New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd said on CNN Saturday that Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump told her that the violence against protesters and reporters at his rallies adds to the “excitement.”

“Donald Trump listens to you,” said CNN’s Michael Smerconish. “When you raise with him concerns or questions, it seems like he’s interested to know what Maureen Dowd is thinking.”

Dowd replied that yes, she has had conversations with Trump where she has raised concern about aspects of his campaign.

“I told him that it was wrong that there was violence being incited at his rallies and that reporters were being roughed up,” said Dowd to Michael Smerconish. “And he paused, you’re right, he did listen, but then he disagreed and said he thought the violence added a frisson of excitement.”

She went on to say that when she asked why Trump was calling so much attention to Bill Clinton’s affairs when his own private life has been tabloid fodder on multiple occasions, Trump reportedly said, “Well, I wasn’t the president.”

Trump responded with a series of angry tweets calling Dowd “wacky” and “neurotic.”

lol People say that The Donald listens (and even takes notes!), but they take it to mean that he agrees with them. Apparently not, apparently not.

Exciting, Donald? You want to add violence for excitement? Say, maybe you need to be in wrestling instead with your buddy McMahon. Your shtick could be The Cowardly Lion who enters the arena and walks on stage... canvas.... tweeting out insults to women.

And what if your job as POTUS isn't "exciting" enough, would you start a war? Round up a group of people you don't like? What would you do to satisfy this desire for "excitement"?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Intellectually honest would begin with admitting you never have to kick the press out if you never hold a press conference.

As an aside I'm not shaming you. We're relatively anonymous people posting on the internet. Nobody cares about our squabbling. I just found the caps lock funny as it relates to how desperate you sound.

FYI you forgot to use all caps. I know there are plenty of vitriol spewers, but I consider them to be mostly idiots. You're not an idiot and you've taken a turn in the past week or two.

It's not this post, but an accumulation. I'm tired of "Trumptards" too. There are plenty of people that don't understand the true reasons why Trump has to win this election. Believe me, we're all gonna get through this. We'll all probably be worse off, but is it any different than the past couple decades?

I'm just busting your chops a bit. To be honest it would be real boring around here if there wasn't a diversity of opinions. So for the record... I LIKE ENGAGING WITH YOU!

There, I used caps lock

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
So because the hotel manager had him arrested it's Mr. Trumps fault?

More tabloid stories from ante, keep up the awesome work bro.

Yeah , only reads the glorified title . As good of reading as the Sun or the Examiner while waiting in line at the grocery store

edit on 9/17/16 by Gothmog because: spell

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Trump is a ruthless globalist. He hates free speech. If he wins the election the USA will become a dictatorship overnight.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Were his Press Credentials validated?
If so, I am certain he will be released.

Counterpoint:
One must be wary of the Press Bias agenda
these days.
Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I can't see the hotel manager calling the police for nothing, nor doing so on behalf of Trump. The journalist most likely caused some disturbance but from the lack of information it's all just speculation. Bottom line though Trump didn't call the police and neither did anyone from his campaign so...

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

2nd line
edit on 18-9-2016 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It was the hotel manager who requested that he leave - right of admission reserved?
That's what I'm guessing, Trump is the client, the hotel are the property owners and establishment owners, they decide who's allowed inside or out. I think

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Oh gosh.... yet another example of Trump trying to control the media. But at this point it's already evident that his supporters love this sort of thing. They don't care about the freedom of press or the freedom of speech or whatever. It's all about having a 'strong' leader to enfore 'values' and 'beliefs' whether we like it or not. It's for the good of the country you know? This is why they're all gaga over Putin.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Reading this thread, it appears some people think Trump isn't part of the 1% and would actually be any different to the current regime. Hilarious or frighteningly sad. Take your pick.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join