It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

More Trump Anti-Freedom Of The Press Shenanigans? Vice Reporter Arrested Outside Trump Event

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach
If this guy gets elected there will be lots more people locked up!!

Sounds like the Trump campaign set this guy up!

Sounds like it was Hillary. She probably sent a reporter without credentials and paid him a lot of money personally for the inconvenience of the arrest.
I base this on the same level of evidence you have that it sounded like Trump set him up.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

There's a paper trail for anyone arrested. IF someone was doing a nasty for Trump it would become obvious really quickly. Not plausible.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

He claims he was told to come = setup

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Oh look a Trumpeteer pretending to have standards! That's adorable. Meanwhile I don't even need the opinion of somebody neither of us has ever heard of to tell you that Trump hired Breitbart's CEO to be his campaign CEO and brought on the disgraced former head of Fox News, Roger "Bill Cosby" Ailes — one of the most if not the most influential men in America media for decades — as a paid campaign advisor.

Nothing going on there though.

Arianna Huffington had other commitments.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I feel like addressing the freedom of the press thing. Even assuming this was an attempt to restrict the rights of the press, these days I'm just starting lose any zeal for giving a #.

I mean it's not like the press does it's job anymore anyway. They're supposed to keep us informed of the truth, present us with as much information on the relevant events in the world and an unbiased view on our politicians so we may be an educated and informed public. The media is supposed to be a bastion of integrity and truth attempting to cut through the red tape of lies and bureaucracy to give us the tools we need to make informed rational decisions.

Now the media is about ratings and spreading the propaganda of their government and elite backers. They don't work for us, in fact they work directly for the very people they're supposed to be informing us about.

Trumps issue with the media is that it's not his pocket they're in.

Our issue with the media is they've sold out and are no longer serving us or our best interests.

The media's issue is we're fed up with them and not buying their # anymore, and Trump is taking advantage of the swing of the people against the media for his own purposes.

I honestly have little sympathy for the flack the media has been getting, they dug their own graves. That said, giving Trump control of the media would be no better. The media needs to belong to the citizens of the world and have NO corporate or government ties. I'm not sure how to make that happen though.

They've fallen a long way since the young idealist hawked everything to buy his own printing press.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: theantediluvian

If I went to McDonalds and caused a scene and they called the police, it wouldn't be because I was eating a hamburger. It would be because I was causing a scene.

Well, you never should've done THAT with a 'Happy Meal'.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

If I went to McDonalds and caused a scene and they called the police, it wouldn't be because I was eating a hamburger. It would be because I was causing a scene.

What part of "Happy Meal" don't you (and the cops) understand?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

They DO come with a "toy".

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

At least at Burger King...they come right out and SAY you can 'Have It Your Way'.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

By all means if Clinton is doing the same thing, let's hear it! Here's I'll help you out.

On June 15, 2015, a pool reporter, David Martosko, who is the U.S. political editor for the Daily Mail was denied access to to a campaign breakfast stop and a it looks like a presser of some sort at a YMCA later in the same day. David Martosko is formerly of the Daily Caller.

It was reported on by:

Politico - Clinton campaign denies access to pool reporter
The Huffington Post - Clinton Campaign Denies Access To Daily Mail Pool Reporter
Wash ington Post - Clinton campaign stiff-arms reporter in coverage pool
The Blaze - Hillary Clinton Campaign Shuts Out Reporter
Daily Caller - Clinton Traveling Press Pool: ‘Any Attempt By The Campaign To Dictate Who Is In The Pool is Unacceptable’
Daily Caller (again same day) - Reporter Who Has Criticized Hillary’s Campaign Blocked From New Hampshire Event
Breitbart - Obama-Redux: Clinton Camp Denies Event Access to Pool Reporter
The Hill- Clinton camp shuts out 'Daily Mail' reporter
The Guardian - Hillary Clinton team denies Daily Mail reporter access to campaign coverage
Fox News - Reporter says Clinton camp denying him access to events

As well as The LA Times, The Boston Globe, The Balitmore Sun, Newsmax, The Washington Times, Townhall, Hotair, IJR, The Free Beacon, Crookansliars, Sputnik News, Newsbusters, Twitchy and countless other sources not to mention Daily Mail itself.

Look at the agenda driven media giving Hitlery a pass! Oh, no that didn't happen.

The campaign offered up some weak excuse:

Merrill said the Daily Mail reporter was denied because the campaign is trying to follow White House conventions for pooled coverage. The Daily Mail has not been added to the White House’s regular print pool, which is controlled by the White House Correspondent’s Association. The publication does have a regular White House correspondent with a so-called “hard pass” that allows her access to the West Wing and had to be approved by the White House.

I have absolutely no problem believing that the campaign did it to slight the man and possibly some of the sources he was pooling for. I have no trouble saying it either or providing the details, links, exerpts, etc. I don't deny reality because it's politically inconvenient.

At least he wasn't arrested for trying to do his job.

Do you really want to go this route? I'll make you a deal. I'll research all of the dirt on Trump and the media and you do the same for Clinton and then we can post a thread together and let the facts stand for themselves.
edit on 2016-9-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is kind of funny, because Vice news is
alt-left and alt right at the same time.

You name it, they have it...NWOrder, 1%,
Zionist's, Anti Police, this is pure comedy.

Welcome to Sid and Hillary's freak show.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

We don't have a free press. We have a press that is the propaganda arm of the party you support.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: DBCowboy

By all means if Clinton is doing the same thing, let's hear it! Here's I'll help you out.

On June 15, 2015, a pool reporter, David Martosko, who is the U.S. political editor for the Daily Mail was denied access to to a campaign breakfast stop and a it looks like a presser of some sort at a YMCA later in the same day. David Martosko is formerly of the Daily Caller.

It was reported on by:

Politico - Clinton campaign denies access to pool reporter
The Huffington Post - Clinton Campaign Denies Access To Daily Mail Pool Reporter
Wash ington Post - Clinton campaign stiff-arms reporter in coverage pool
The Blaze - Hillary Clinton Campaign Shuts Out Reporter
Daily Caller - Clinton Traveling Press Pool: ‘Any Attempt By The Campaign To Dictate Who Is In The Pool is Unacceptable’
Daily Caller (again same day) - Reporter Who Has Criticized Hillary’s Campaign Blocked From New Hampshire Event

You're so dishonest. Let me know when the mass media makes an issue of it. There's a difference between stories on internet website and 24/7 mass media fear-mongering and coverage.
Breitbart - Obama-Redux: Clinton Camp Denies Event Access to Pool Reporter
The Hill- Clinton camp shuts out 'Daily Mail' reporter
The Guardian - Hillary Clinton team denies Daily Mail reporter access to campaign coverage
Fox News - Reporter says Clinton camp denying him access to events

As well as The LA Times, The Boston Globe, The Balitmore Sun, Newsmax, The Washington Times, Townhall, Hotair, IJR, The Free Beacon, Crookansliars, Sputnik News, Newsbusters, Twitchy and countless other sources not to mention Daily Mail itself.

Look at the agenda driven media giving Hitlery a pass! Oh, no that didn't happen.

The campaign offered up some weak excuse:

Merrill said the Daily Mail reporter was denied because the campaign is trying to follow White House conventions for pooled coverage. The Daily Mail has not been added to the White House’s regular print pool, which is controlled by the White House Correspondent’s Association. The publication does have a regular White House correspondent with a so-called “hard pass” that allows her access to the West Wing and had to be approved by the White House.

I have absolutely no problem believing that the campaign did it to slight the man and possibly some of the sources he was pooling for. I have no trouble saying it either or providing the details, links, exerpts, etc. I don't deny reality because it's politically inconvenient.

At least he wasn't arrested for trying to do his job.

Do you really want to go this route? I'll make you a deal. I'll research all of the dirt on Trump and the media and you do the same for Clinton and then we can post a thread together and let the facts stand for themselves.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

We don't have a free press. We have a press that is the propaganda arm of the party you support.

Not funny because it's true.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Somehow you've become what you hate most... mindless vitriol spewing forth.

The election is over. Nobody is changing sides that has been paying attention. It's all up to the low information voters now and the next wikileaks release is going to take care of that.

You should remember what I said before. Post in all caps so that people reading understand how alarmed you are. Without posting in all caps nobody realizes how alarming this all is.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Since I posted the OP there have been two additional updates to the Vice News article:

UPDATE 6:00PM ET: A spokesperson for the Trump campaign replied with the following statement:

"The campaign was not involved in this incident or aware of the details surrounding it. The event organizers were responsible for today's media presence and requested the campaign limit attendance to the traveling pool. The campaign had no staff presence at check-in for guests or media and therefore has no further knowledge of what occurred."

UPDATE: 8:28 PM ET: The Houston Police Department issued the following statement:

"Hotel management initially asked a man to leave the building and he eventually complied and left. Soon after, he entered the hotel a second time. When asked to leave by management, he refused to do so and told hotel employees they would have to have him arrested because he was not leaving. The hotel management then advised police officers they wanted the man arrested for trespassing. Officers did so and transported him to the HPD Central Jail on a charge of criminal trespass, a class B misdemeanor. The arrest took place about 12:25 pm. The man's name is Alexander Scott Thompson."

Glad to see that the alleged "Never Trump mouthpiece" (that's what it was right?) has been completely forthcoming.

Trump campaign is saying the event organizers were responsible the media presence. I'll have to track down who that is unless somebody knows this informaton already?

The Houston PD statement contradicts the account that Thompson gave his editors on a few points, not least of which is that Thompson said that they'd "have to arrest him." It'll be interesting to hear what the man says when he gets released.

I'll keep updating the thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

So he was being a nuisance then and was rightly arrested, with none of this to do with Trump.
Pretty much what I thought.

Good update though.
edit on 17/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Question is why was he asked to leave in the first place.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Question is why was he asked to leave in the first place.

Doesn't matter really. It's a private establishment. Could be something as small as loitering.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Somehow you've become what you hate most... mindless vitriol spewing forth.

Who says that's what I hate the most? There's nothing wrong with well placed vitriol and absolutely nothing "mindless" (or frothy) about the vitriol I'm spewing.

Are you trying to shame me now? Lol. No thanks. I figured out Trump's secret a while back — the man is utterly shameless. While other candidates are measuring their words carefully and trying to avoid embarassing themselves, Trump is bombastically spewing vitriol.

And so has followed the public political discourse, not least of which on ATS. I'm not trying to play by a different set of rules because you presume to admonish me. I'm already in the minority, why on Earth should I saddle myself with that BS?

I'll say what I want, when I want and as often as I want and neither you or anyone else has any hope of shaming me into silence with your political correctness.

You should remember what I said before. Post in all caps so that people reading understand how alarmed you are. Without posting in all caps nobody realizes how alarming this all is.

I'll take that under advisement but don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen. What you can expect from me though that you might not be getting from some of the other vitriol spewers around here is that I'll be as accurate as I can be and intellectually honest.

If I make a statement that is somehow wrong or inaccurate, bring it to my attention and I'll own up to it. Aside from that, you won't get getting any apologies from me.

Just a final thought. If you're done sanctimoniously blathering at me now, you might want to head on out and get busy giving all the other vitriol spewers their lectures — you've got a whole lot of threads to cover.
edit on 2016-9-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join