It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

More Trump Anti-Freedom Of The Press Shenanigans? Vice Reporter Arrested Outside Trump Event

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: DBCowboy

Then they serve no purpose other than to sow chaos.

Perhaps.

The press has a responsibility to be unbiased and truthful, but seldom have we ever seen that.

Chaos? I think freedom breeds chaos on occasion, but is that always a bad thing?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

What's being passed off as news, is really an alliance of conglomerates with enough money to push an agenda onto the people. More commonly known as, propaganda.

Big money, a global agenda and a target audience....they will keep repackaging it over and over each time the people targeted get wise and tune out. A far cry from honest journalism seeking out stories for the public wherever they can but that is the magic they want their audience to feel as they spoon feed them their agenda.

You are now being spoon fed that journalism is under attack by Trump, they count on you not seeing that VICE is an employed arm of the Never Trump camp.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

well we tried to ignore them, but then people keep saying "oh wheres trump supporters now, I don't hear or see them in here, blah blah blah" so we just give you what we figured you want, attention.

Noone has a right to enter a private venue, they are granted the privilege to do so. Alex Jones and infowars have had the same problems in the pas with different venues. It is not as if other press will not be present, it is not a secret affair. Vice can just regurgitate what is reported by those who were granted the privilege after the fact. Not everyone gets exclusivity.

This broken record thing you do though, its getting boring. Maybe I will just ignore them .

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
You are now being spoon fed that journalism is under attack by Trump, they count on you not seeing that VICE is an employed arm of the Never Trump camp.

You know there's a helluva lot of Republicans in that camp, right? Murdock is a major owner in Vice.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

He's infamously blacklisted reporters from various media outlets from his events

You mean the way Obama snubbed Fox News? Or is that ok, because..well...it's Fox News, right?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Bias is always going to exist, the difference is whether we just accept it or fight it. Same with corruption.

We've done a lot of enabling. I thinks it's time we stop enabling and making excuses for media bias and political corruption, and start having standards we enforce once again.

We've gotten way too lax on the enforcing side of things and become way to enabling on the acceptance side of things.

There's a difference between saying, yeah everyone lies, yeah everyone has bias, and yeah corruption will always exist, and actually using those statements as an excuse to ignore it when people are caught doing these things.

One is recognizing a fault, the other is allowing those faults to go unchecked.

Chaos is fine in the right doses, so is control. Odd thing is too much chaos sometimes circles right back around and turns into control. We let the media grow in bias so long they sold out any concept of integrity and became lapdogs to those in power.
edit on 9/17/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

You know there's a helluva lot of Republicans in that camp, right? Murdock is a major owner in Vice.

Money has no affiliation, and people are a whore for it.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
www.google.com...=Hillary+campaign+denied+press+credentials

That was just a Google search on the Hillary campaign denying press credentials.

But Trump is evil.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

We've done a lot of enabling. I thinks it's time we stop enabling and making excuses for media bias and political corruption, and start having standards we enforce once again.

This is a very true statement.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
That was just a Google search...

Ah. The six gun of the new west.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Is the number one reason above all others I'm anti-Hillary.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

Here's what I don't get, there are no winners here, whichever candidate wins. Is mostly understood that both candidates are likely to further destroy our country.

So what do we really win. Being the people that hold our head in shame all year as the candidate we chose #s us all and try to make ourselves feel better by chanting the mantra "the other would have been worse" while trying to defend our choice by repeating the same, knowing full well the election is over and there's no way to prove what way the other direction would have gone.

Both sides are fully aware they are most likely fighting over who's going to kick us around over the next 4 or 8 years.

Anyone who cheers and finger points is an idiot. If I swallow my pride and vote Trump and he wins, I won't gloat about it. I'll curl in a ball and cry, because I'm now partly responsible for anything he does in office.

In some ways it's better to lose, at least then, the responsibility isn't on you, and when the inevitably bad # happens, you can comfortably say, "well I didn't elect that psychopath."

This is what every election has become, and it's only getting worse. Let's all vote for who's we think is going to kick us in the nuts the softest, fully recognizing either choice will result in one swift kick to the nuts after the other.

Best goddamn post in the whole thread and it gets 2 stars. One of them mine. I gotta admit that, lately, I started to care less and less about who wins and more about how bad we're about to get screwed, no matter what.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

That was just a Google search on the Hillary campaign denying press credentials.

But Trump is evil.

That link just opens up the google page.

This what you looking for?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This might interest you....

money.cnn.com...

edit on 17-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

But Trump is evil.

Trump isn't evil but he certainly isn't fit to be POTUS.

Just because Hillary isn't, either, doesn't mean "the other guy," is by default.

Neither of them are. Lesser of two evils, blah blah blah - heard it all last (s)election cycle, and it will return again in the next.

Nice deflection, by the way. Is there anything positive about Trump that doesn't involve attacking Hillary, Obama, or anyone else for that matter?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Just putting things in perspective.

I've already commented on the importance and value of freedom of the press, regardless of the bias.

I want just pointing out that both parties restrict press access.

It was also pointed out that in private venues, press does not have an open invitation.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Just...7...more...weeks.

THANK GOD! Hopefully we won't have days and days of people counting hanging chads, or looking for hacked ballot manipulations, or whatever it will be for 2016. What's the slimmest margin Trump needs to avoid all the post-election B.S.?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Reporter trespasses and gets arrested. Trump's fault.
Yep - comedy gold.
Hopefully, more reporters will end up the same way. They deserve no less.

Good job by the police - congratulations to them

With people openly threatening to kill Donald Trump, it's important that those without credentials are kept out. If they don't leave immediately, a night in the cells might discourage them next time.

p.s. Trump does not tell the police who to arrest. If you have any proof he is now in control of the police, please add it to your OP.

edit on 17/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yah gotta catch up. We put that puppy to bed.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If this guy gets elected there will be lots more people locked up!!

Sounds like the Trump campaign set this guy up!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You mean a lot of the losers that Trump beat and their backers? Yeah but they can't get people to vote for them so why should people listen to them? Oh that's right, they are smart enough to know that too so they buy out things like VICE to get their propaganda out there.

This thread is blown out of the water, Never Trump pulls an Alex Jones and crashes some place to make fake news. Yawn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join