It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help on Meditation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Dear OP, look into Falun Gong, it may be just what you're looking for.

Kind regards.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloud4300

Trusting your intuition is a good guide

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

This will clear You up... There is a gauge that shows the Chakras being cleansed; It is working on that Chakra when the corresponding color is illuminated. Make sure You do the WHOLE BIT and NOT in bits...

It is perfectly fine to use this to sleep. You might even play it for Your partner as well...

www.youtube.com...

Remember the majority of this stuff is based on "intentions"...

I'm hoping that You've forgiven YourSelf???

Good Luck and Stay Hydrated...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Fraiser this may work for me. as im Asian lol.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness I've trust my intuition before and its been right sometimes. but now I think I overthink things and im pretty sure im spiritually constipated for lack of a better word.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Wholly understand, well how many lessons does one need before sitting down with resolve and start mentally walking it all out? Is a question the mouth can ever answer because it takes action of nonaction as in cease seeking but never claiming to have found anything.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness Deep.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Yes breathing but keep it natural no matter what arises... as it is a mirror to the mind. High in the chest builds anxiety, low in the stomach builds heat balanced that heat burns up all stress pain and suffering in the anxiety called life.

This awareness of breath can occur at any time, notice it during any activity in life... and how it changes as clouds in the sky do too as the emotions expressed or rising in it. Seek to keep the breathing normal under all those circumstances while not avoiding any life whatsoever as that's an impossibility.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Your significant other is correct.

Meditation can and will open a door that is best left closed.

It's been confirmed by many others right here on ATS as well.

New Age "spirituality" is just another TRAP set by the elite and inventors of religion, for the purpose of social control. ...they created New Age religion to keep people trapped in the matrix of CONTROL. It's like a last ditch effort to hold people down, to keep the ones who are "getting away" from escaping their control.

*Sigh*
No.

As mentioned by another poster, it's believed that even Jesus meditated. It's pretty hard to say it's wrong to do something that Jesus likely did on the regular.

Personally, I feel like meditation is a great way to feel closer to God. I've never had a negative experience with it and it hasn't brought anything ugly into my life. I feel calmer, healthier, and more loving since taking up meditation. These are generally considered the common effects.

Meditation is amazing. You associate it with the "new age" and say that that is set up by the elites to control us, but religion (and religious individuals) telling people not to meditate and experience the amazing benefits of it sounds pretty damn controlling to me. So there's that...
edit on 21/9/16 by rubix because: Messed up structure

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The DSM would put me in the ADD/Asperger range. So you can imagine my monkey mind is very active and all over the place.

about 15 years ago I started looking into meditation. I started to do a lot of meditations, reading books about and from different schools.

It has helped me tremendeously to focus and stabilise.

If i had to pick one book which is good for beginners and covers all aspects including the practical "how to":

"Mindfulness in plain English" by Bhante Guranatana.

Start from there and enjoy the moment.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

If you are still looking, I can help. Though each person is different in what works for them .

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden What do you suggest?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rubix Yeah that's true. And that's mainly why some plant substances are illegal mush, MJ, dimethyltriptamine. it separates us from that "control" that elites have on society today. I mean we eat veggies that we grow from the earth, it does our bodies good. Same thing with the above mentioned "drugs" it comes from the earth hell we even have it being produced in our brains in the pineal glad. so its like wtf. On another note, I think money is the real problem here. it runs the world.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Well it is going to depend on what you've tried, and what you want to achieve.

My first suggestion is to ignore the idea that there is a "right way" to do it. There will be a "right way for you" yes.

So ideas, posture is important. For me it is usually sitting in a rigid chair, others its the lotus position. I can't do the lotus position with my joints these days, and even when I could, it never worked, it was distracting.

Some people do better in nature, others in a quiet dark room.

But remove distractions.

Then decide are you meditation "inwards" or "outwards". For me in nature, it is outwards, I put my back to a tree, then let the sounds flow over me, and slowly push my consciousness into that. If I am inside, I am in the chair, and I am trying to blend into my thoughts.

Don't assume it is about quieting the mind either.

So long story short. Experiment, find what works for you, keep trying. Don't assume there is a a right way, and don't beleive everything a random person writes/tells you. Only you know you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join