It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian cyclist dies after fatal accident at Rio 2016 Paralympic Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sad news coming out of Rio Paralympics.

Iranian cyclist Bahman Golbarnezhad has reportedly died after suffering an accident during a C4-5 cycling road race at the Paralympic Games here today.

Condolences to the family, his friends and the Paralympic movement.

www.insidethegames.biz...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Was that the same corner that the one gal had that horrific crash on? That should have killed her.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

What sad end to a successful Paralympic Games , the only news I'd seen was that he was receiving treatment for his injuries but as time went on with no further updates it seemed this was the likely outcome.

RiP Mr Golbarnezhad.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Was that the same corner that the one gal had that horrific crash on? That should have killed her.

It doesn't state that, but it was a collision with a rock that brought his demise.

Really sad all around, he was a veteran and it must have been nasty.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What a sad day for Iran. We're all shocked here

An awkward silence from the delegation and the ministry of sports

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

He died after suffering a cardiac arrest on the way to hospital after his head injury during a collision with a rock midway through the race in Pontal, a small peninsula and beach area in the Recreio dos Bandeirantes neighborhood, located in the West Zone of the city.[3][4][5] He was a veteran of Iran-Iraq war.
wikipedia

Head injury. Do they wear helmets on this race?

So sad. He was only 48 years old. RIP.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10
What a sad day for Iran. We're all shocked here

An awkward silence from the delegation and the ministry of sports

Very sad, no one or any nation deserves this.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

He died after suffering a cardiac arrest on the way to hospital after his head injury during a collision with a rock midway through the race in Pontal, a small peninsula and beach area in the Recreio dos Bandeirantes neighborhood, located in the West Zone of the city.[3][4][5] He was a veteran of Iran-Iraq war.
wikipedia

Head injury. Do they wear helmets on this race?

So sad. He was only 48 years old. RIP.

Yes, but they do not protect the neck, which is where the fatal juries occurred, according to the Paralympics official channel, here in the U.K, aka Channel 4.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Just saw this...what a sad sad ending to a blooming amazing games
I suppose he died doing something he loved...Honestly these guys are amazing I have more admiration for these athelites then any other sporting people.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Apparently not according to the Beeb :

The Vista Chinesa circuit - which included a treacherous descent where Annemiek van Vleuten of the Netherlands crashed and sustained concussion during the Olympics - was not part of the Paralympic course. According to the IPC, Golbarnezhad was involved in a crash at around 10:40 local time on the first section of the Grumari loop, a mountainous stretch of the course.

m.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Very sad news. Condolences to his family and friends

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
My condolences, R.I.P hero...!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I don't believe this guy really died. It's more likely to be a false flag by the US government.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

Not the thread for jokes dude.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish
I don't believe this guy really died. It's more likely to be a false flag by the US government.
really?? Cmon

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish
really?? Cmon

Just think about it. All those cameras at the Olympics but we don't have a single frame of footage recording his death?

No inquest, no coroner's report, no pictures of the body, no interviews with family, no footage of weeping relatives, something strange is going on here.

On the same day a Ukranian cyclist collided with an Australian cyclist, both of them hit the ground very hard but they're both still alive. Yet the Iranian guy 'dies' for no apparent reason...? And he just happens to belong to a country that the USA is practically at war with.

Very suspicious.
edit on 18/9/2016 by MongolianPaellaFish because: added some other stuffs

new topics

top topics

join