It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US-led coalition aircraft strike Syrian army positions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So, while our American fellows are choosing between the [T]Witch and the Populist, US-led coalition aircraft strike Syrian army positions.

Sixty-two Syrian soldiers were killed and over 100 injured in the airstrike by the US-led coalition, Russia’s Defense Ministry spokesman, Major-General Igor Konashenkov, said, citing information received from the Syrian General Command.

If the airstrike was caused by the wrong coordinates of targets than it’s a direct consequence of the stubborn unwillingness of the American side to coordinate with Russia in its actions against terrorist groups in Syria,” Konashenkov stressed.

"Immediately after the airstrike by coalition planes, Islamic State militants launched their offensive. Fierce fighting with the terrorists is currently underway in the area of the airport where for a long a time humanitarian aid for civilians was parachuted,” Konashenkov said. The Syrian General Command has called the bombing a “serious and blatant aggression” against Syrian forces, and said it was "conclusive evidence" that the US and its allies support IS militants.

Reuters: At least 80 Syrian soldiers killed by U.S.-led air strike: monitor
edit on 2016 by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

Shows the American and allied priorities.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have no idea why the russians fall for this "ceasefire" scam every time, it is merely to allow isis/daesh/al nusra to regroup and re-arm, Every single time these rat are about to be annihilated for good, we get john kerry or some other damp squib doing the rounds begging for a ceasefire, Russia, for the love of god JUST OBLITERATE THESE SCUMBAGS once and for all.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Time to end this ridiculous air campaign and leave before any more "accidents" like this happen and the situation escalates methinks.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
I have no idea why the russians fall for this "ceasefire" scam every time, it is merely to allow isis/daesh/al nusra to regroup and re-arm, Every single time these rats are about to be annihilated for good, we get john kerry or some other damp squib doing the rounds begging for a ceasefire, Russia, for the love of god JUST OBLITERATE THESE SCUMBAGS once and for all.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

All the while U.S.-backed "moderate Rebels" - namely Ahrar al-Scham (the guys that got famous for massacring Christians and beheading a child on video) - are thwarting the latest ceasefire.

Now Russia calls on the U.S. to act accordingly... it's just like in the Ukraine-proxywar - but the other way around.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
What more proof do people need to see that the US with it's allies are supporting Islamic state?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

It's nothing like that.

On one hand, we have "moderate" rebels in Syria who are fighting Assad. Those rebels are in most cases joining ISIS, and never fighting them. The only ones fighting against ISIS are Assad's forces.

So, how exactly did you draw comparison between Crimea and Syria?
edit on 609k2016Saturdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I'm not surprised.. Next time another civilian hospital..

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I thought they were under a cease fire until Monday.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

originally posted by: Nikola014
So, how exactly did you draw comparison between Crimea and Syria?

In Ukraine it was the U.S./NATO that blamed Russia for the disobedient Rebels thwarting the ceasefires... now it's the other way around. No other comparison.

*I'm just quoting the U.S.-Gov. when I use the term "moderate Rebels" by the way... our Attorney General classifies them as a terrorist group.
edit on 17-9-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I thought they were under a cease fire until Monday.

The ceasefire was from monday, But as always, Its been broken. Quite spectacularly this time i might add...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Nothing on the news about this. RT ???
I'm not buying it.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

No one is reporting this. I think it's Russian propaganda.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
People actually believe the Obama Administration has been bombing ISIS ?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You have a choice in this world.
#1 America wins Robot takeover.
#2 America wins Corporation takeover.
#3 America wins Japan and other countries are screwed forever.
#4 America wins idiocracy happens.

Do I need to go any further?

All good soldier in USA will be front line soldiers like WW2. The corrupt and evil ones hide behind the scene. This isn't medieval warfare where Generals are in the battlefield. If we were fighting with swords and shield maybe. But we are fighting with bombs and artillery like WW1.
edit on 17-9-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Nothing on the news about this. RT ???
I'm not buying it.

Reuters: At least 80 Syrian soldiers killed by U.S.-led air strike: monitor

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Just because you don't see something on your fancy TV cable, it does not mean it's not happening.

Why would the mainstream media want to publish an article that shows the US is backing ISIS in their attempt to destabilize more countries and grow more powerful?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

originally posted by: xuenchen
People actually believe the Obama Administration has been bombing ISIS ?

Yes. The people that matter (...the ones that could make a difference) apparently still believe they are the good guys in this mess. The chanting got quieter recently though.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think it's time to just nuke all of Syria. There are no "good" guys in this war. Just end them all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join