It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Kundalini Awakening?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Hi,
does anyone here believe that this is possible? That we can awake another form of energy in our body that we don't know about?

For those who don't know much about Kundalini, here's an all made definition that explain what it is:

Kundalini literally means 'coiling,' like a snake. Energy and consciousness - moves in spiraling motion - coils - loops - the snake. This is a metaphor for the spiraling energies of consciousness - which is our reality of thought and is explained by Sacred Geometry the loops are the loops of time - the slinky effect - time as an illusion played out in a physical game of polarities - duality emotions.

In the classical literature of Hatha Yoga, kundalini is described as a coiled serpent at the base of the spine.

The coiled and dormant 'feminine' energy, refers to the vast potential of psychic energy contained within us all. It is normally symbolized as a serpent coiled into three and a half circles, with its tail in its mouth, and spiraling around the central axis (sacrum or sacred bone) at the base of the spine. The awakening of this serpent and the manifestation of its powers is a primary aim of the practice of Kundalini Yoga.

Kundalini can be described as a great reservoir of creative energy at the base of the spine. It's not useful to sit with our consciousness fixed in our head and think of kundalini as a foreign force running up and down our spine.

The concept of kundalini can also be examined from a strictly psychological perspective. From this perspective kundalini can be thought of as a rich source of psychic or libidinous energy in our unconscious.


Source: Click here

It is said that awakening our kundalini make us obtain psychic ability.

Also, there is a technique called Shaktipah. This technique is used from people who have their Kundalini awaken to awake the kundalini of other people.

If someone told you that he knows shaktipah, would you agree for him to perform it on you, knowing the danger that can result from it?

Discuss

mod edit: fixed URL code

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Spectre]




posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidOBE
Also, there is a technique called Shaktipah. This technique is used from people who have their Kundalini awaken to awake the kundalini of other people.

If someone told you that he knows shaktipah, would you agree for him to perform it on you, knowing the danger that can result from it?



Interesting. That might explain why I always thought of my psychic abilites as a sort of spiraling down to my center. I know I'm probably not making a lot of sense, but it makes sense to me.

I don't know about the shaktipah thing. First of all, there is always room for him not really telling you the truth. Second of all, if you have psychic abilities, I think that it would be best for you to allow them to develop at thier own pace, and not force anything. If you do and you aren't psychic, then opening everything up at once is too dangerous from the perspective that it's going to be too much for you to handle and you're brain's going to overload. If you do and you are already psychic, you may end up unlocking something before you are ready to and not know how to handle it.



posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidOBE
Hi,
does anyone here believe that this is possible? That we can awake another form of energy in our body that we don't know about?

For those who don't know much about Kundalini, here's an all made definition that explain what it is:

Kundalini literally means 'coiling,' like a snake. Energy and consciousness - moves in spiraling motion - coils - loops - the snake. This is a metaphor for the spiraling energies of consciousness - which is our reality of thought and is explained by Sacred Geometry the loops are the loops of time - the slinky effect - time as an illusion played out in a physical game of polarities - duality emotions.

In the classical literature of Hatha Yoga, kundalini is described as a coiled serpent at the base of the spine.

The coiled and dormant 'feminine' energy, refers to the vast potential of psychic energy contained within us all. It is normally symbolized as a serpent coiled into three and a half circles, with its tail in its mouth, and spiraling around the central axis (sacrum or sacred bone) at the base of the spine. The awakening of this serpent and the manifestation of its powers is a primary aim of the practice of Kundalini Yoga.

Kundalini can be described as a great reservoir of creative energy at the base of the spine. It's not useful to sit with our consciousness fixed in our head and think of kundalini as a foreign force running up and down our spine.

The concept of kundalini can also be examined from a strictly psychological perspective. From this perspective kundalini can be thought of as a rich source of psychic or libidinous energy in our unconscious.


Source: Click here

It is said that awakening our kundalini make us obtain psychic ability.

Also, there is a technique called Shaktipah. This technique is used from people who have their Kundalini awaken to awake the kundalini of other people.

If someone told you that he knows shaktipah, would you agree for him to perform it on you, knowing the danger that can result from it?

Discuss

mod edit: fixed URL code

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Spectre]


Yes, I believe it's true.

In fact, there was a man by the name of Gopi Krishna who wrote of his experiences with Kundalini as he accidentally awakened it while doing yoga. Books such as Kundalini: the Evolutionary Energy in Man are very informative about the troubles that one may experience if they awaken it prematurely or improperly.

Also, my aunt received shaktipath from Swami Muktananda himself at an ashram in India. However there are many layers of consciousness, and I don't think she's at the highest. She does, however, see white light upon meditating.

Shaktipath is usually given by a guru, one who can actually control HOW much enlightenment he will give you depending on how ready you are for it.

It's actually safer through a guru than awakening your kundalini on your own, but you can awaken it on your own. There are dangers though, and it can cause a lot of torment if something goes wrong in the process.



posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What can happen to you if it goes wrong?

The following website contains a lot of information on meditation and has a few mentions of kundali:

Joy of Satan

Kundali here is described as a way for a mortal to become a God. The exercises describe how to raise the dormant energy from the bottom of your spine to your brain thus activating the full power of the mind.

I also remember reading somewhere that those who claim to have ESP and other supernatural abilities usually have a more active Pinneal Gland (gland in the brain near the pituitary gland) than most people.



posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
:::::sigh:::: I try so to keep from posting in this forum, but this needs to be said...again...Kundalini is not something to jump into...it takes study like anything else. Many, many thing can go wrong if not done correctly from severe sexual dysfunction to all types of health problems. Please study before attempting anything, go to "Kundalini" sites for your information but don't just believe anything, read, us common sense...it's just the smart thing to do.



posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

:::::sigh:::: I try so to keep from posting in this forum, but this needs to be said...again...Kundalini is not something to jump into...it takes study like anything else. Many, many thing can go wrong if not done correctly from severe sexual dysfunction to all types of health problems. Please study before attempting anything, go to "Kundalini" sites for your information but don't just believe anything, read, us common sense...it's just the smart thing to do.


From your opinion, you must know someone or even you, who have awaken it. DO you have some stories about it?

ALso, I have read the book from Gopi Krishna! THat's really an amazing story about a man who fight to survive (his autobiographic book). It's worth every penny



new topics

top topics
 
0

log in

join