It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My epic fail: Sept 16, 2016

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Maybe the rapture did happen and what's Earth now is the result.

maybe that would explain the mandela effect.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
We're not interested in your screw up, you brought it up by making this thread.

As said, there are so many predictions made here, you are merely one member of a very large club.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: whatnext21

But all that is meaningless, because I made a bad prediction. People are interested in my screw up, not what is actually happening.

And here I thought your screw up was the topic of this thread, as started by you. I'm sure all those other things are interesting and talked about elsewhere, but they are inappropriate for this thread. Believe me, those things are a LOT more interesting on the whole than your failed predictions.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Learn from a screwup my friend and forgive others that fail. Personally I like to ask forgiveness in advance for I know I'm going need it some where.
edit on 17-9-2016 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I don't know why people make these kinds of predictions based on religion/bible since it clearly says not even the son knows the day nor hour.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
C'mon, OP. Please answer my question. Has your failure in the art of prediction made you question your faith in its subject? Or do you still believe in The Rapture, Jesus, God, etc. and just know you failed to predict it correctly?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I've seen too much to question my faith in Jesus, God, or His Word. I simply over emphasized a trend in history.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have a prediction:

Christians who are in love with doomsday just so they can feel justified in their ludicrous theology of the rapture and the Apocalypse will keep predicting dates for the second coming and the reign of the beast because it would mean, despite the suffering of good people who weren't Christians, that they were right and the nay sayers wrong.

They don't care that billions of people will live in hell on earth with the Beast as ruler because they alone will be rescued and taken straight to heaven, they despise non Christians so much that they want God to punish everyone who isn't as gullible and indoctrinated as them and doesn't believe in a manGodMessiah from a religion whose theology makes no sense to anyone who isn't fos.

They yurn for the end of the world so bad that they delude themselves into believing that a small book written sometime in the first three centuries and is not even about the end of the world but the Roman Empire being the new Babylon and the end of Judean independence as a nation at Romes hands.

One beast is Nero aka Rome

One is the Jews who await a warrior king Messiah to establish the Jews as an Empire.

The third is the apostate Paul who created the doctrine of vicarious atonement through the death of a man and the church that would paganize Jesus as the Christ and make him a 1/3 God forever stealing the worship due God and spitting on the teachings of Jesus who said ''Only God is good.''

Jesus said I am not God because I am not good like God is good, because I am not God.

Christians don't get that it's not Jesus who made Jesus God or God himself that did this. It was Rome, who also created the New Testament and edited the source material before destroying all records of the original Gospels and forever burning the truth of who Jesus was.

A Torah observant Jew who never even met Paul and didn't mention him as an apostle in the most appropriate place to do so, Revelation, and never appeared to the Apostles to say: Oh yeah, forget all that Torah stuff I changed my mind, I'm going to send a new guy who murdered your friend Stephen to handle things from now on so that we can stop being Jewish and I want you guys to listen to him because I give him revelations I didn't give you. Forget about being a good fruit bearing tree just believe and I don't care about good works as long as you believe what HE says. I know I didn't teach you guys this stuff and it sounds utterly ridiculous, but that's what I am doing because you guys are too Jewish.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It'll happen when it happens. Stop worrying about when it is, and just trust that it will when the time comes.

Whether Jesus comes for you when you die or at an appointed time 7 years prior to the end of days, sometime in the middle of those years, or at the very end matters not. What matters is that you believe he will come for you sooner or later when the time is right.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I've seen too much to question my faith in Jesus, God, or His Word. I simply over emphasized a trend in history.

Of course, thus proving I am a better prophet than you are. I predicted that would be your stance in my first post in this thread; I was right. Your prediction failed. You have learned nothing. Your days as a false prophet are over.
edit on 9/17/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio

I have a prediction for you. Very soon, on a day and hour that no one knows, you will be banned yet again. Then you will be back with another phony account, yet again.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Of course, thus proving I am a better prophet than you are. I predicted that would be your stance in my first post in this thread; I was right. Your prediction failed. You have learned nothing. Your days as a false prophet are over.

Prophets have visions and dreams. I deal in calculations. I never claimed to be a prophet. Do you feel better about yourself now that I have answered your bait-question? Did you really want to see me lose my faith? Please don't answer those. You have revealed enough about your character from what you have said already.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Or.... It's never gonna happen and the earth will exist for 500 trillion years more before the sun dies out.

God doesn't need to turn the world into a living hell with Satan in charge just to punish the sinners of the world, we are punished already by having to die someday so I don't think it makes sense for him to turn his own creations into a Satanic haven...for any reason.

Death is the punishment, immortality the reward. Ressurection is a euphemism for reincarnation for those who don't yet ''get it'' and I think Christianity is in for a world of dissapointment once they die and realize that Jesus is not a God, just a very popular name in the first century and possible Radical Rabbi who was hung on a tree or cross (symbol of the tree of life).

It's just a myth, like all the other religions and isn't the worlds only true religion, they are all myths and legends that are supposed to teach us knowledge not true stories about historical events.

How naive is it to think that God had a Son, had him murdered and decided everyone who believes this absurd tale to be true goes to heaven even if they are vile noxious vipers while righteous atheists are punished for not believing what goes against logic?

Is God a sadist who gets off in killing his ''only human Son?''

Or could he just as easily forgive all without having his son executed and humiliated?

What kind of god does that? A sick one.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio

Righteous?

No one is righteous. Certainly not those who claim they are.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I saw David Crosby a month or so ago. Before singing this song he said, "If someone tells you they know the answers, turn around and walk away."

edit on 9/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2 Thessalonians 2: 1-4

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Say whatever that you feel you must say. I'm more concerned with what God is going to do with me over my stupidity.

Since there's no such as God, you should put your mind at ease.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I guess you pay absolutely no attention to the weather reports either.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I watch and listen, then come up with my own version. Because I know a bit about how it works. More, usually, than the TV weatherman does.

But weather forecasts give probabilities, not absolutes. Which is what Crosby (and I) were talking about.

edit on 9/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Prophets have visions and dreams. I deal in calculations. I never claimed to be a prophet. Do you feel better about yourself now that I have answered your bait-question? Did you really want to see me lose my faith? Please don't answer those. You have revealed enough about your character from what you have said already.

As you have, another delusional believer in myths and falsehoods. You predicted, by whatever means, and failed, proving your "methods," such as they are, are nothing more than hocus pocus fantasies. Although I never expected you to learn anything from your failed predictions, it is my hope that others witnessing you crash and burn will be made aware of the kind of false prophecy you represent and avoid them in the future. So some good, however small, may come from it. And yes, you even failed to predict my "bait question" until after the fact, when you finally figured it out. Congrats, but you can't count that as a win.

But for you to judge MY character? That's like a guy in a strait jacket who has soiled himself calling the doctor insane.
edit on 9/17/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join