It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A friend of mine is moving from the states if [Blank] wins the election

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Ghost147

I love America, Im willing to stsy no matter what...people who would leave, dont have that special native patriotism required of the kind of people I care about.

I would try elsewhere in the USA before leaving but I've been to nearly all of Europe, some Asia, some S.America, and I really do like America, or rather I like what America COULD BE. Unfortunately I'm not a vampire, I won't live forever and I have both the means and opportunity to immigrate to countries that are currently better for raising a family than most places in the US.I will gladly stay and fight is it's worth it, but honestly I think the writing is on the wall

I fear America has had its Halcyon days, and now many of the places us white folk originally came from are often better for us.

I agree about standing and fighting, but there's no honor in suffering and stupidity, my Grandfathers were both immigrants and they sought opportunity, whilst bringing with them great skills. Neither of them would have benefitted their families by remaining in the declining societies of the times (Sweden circa 1890, Scotland 1911)

I don't want to leave, but if I did it would be for the betterment of my children's life opportunities and I also bring great skill as well as the capacity to employ several locals.

It's doubtful I would leave over a presidential election, but screw the honor of going down with the ship, I have other peoples futures to consider.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Great post. This is very similar to how I would feel if I was in my friends situation.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Baconbeertopia is every Sunday during football season. Now them damn liberals are trying to ruin football too.

Football has already been ruined. Bring back Deacon Jones and the clothesline.

edit on 18-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Isn't that just a synonymous term for Canada?

Only if you change from that pork chop bacon.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Um, wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.
Also Crown Royal, poutine and some decent tunes you probably haven't heard. The Tea Party comes to mind. Our Tea Party is different from yours. If you search I recommend a song called Psychopomp.

I remember that song. Haven't heard them in years though, they don't get much play on the Sirius Alt channel.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I was talking with an American friend of mine the other day when he said that he and his family is seriously considering moving to another country if a particular candidate wins the election (not stating which one both out of respect and because this is not a political candidate bashing thread).

He dislikes both candidates, but is particularily revolted by a particular one and feels that his family would be better off leaving. He's also fed up with a number of other issues within the states, but this one particular person in power would be the tipping point.

It made me wonder how many others feel this strongly about the current election and state of the USA. Have any of you thought of leaving?
He's fed up with a number of issues within the States but will move if the 'other' candidate fixes those issues...Were these people hiding behind the door when brains were passed out???

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, they put ham on a plate and call it bacon.

That sir! Is a lie!

Is not: Observe:

Canadian on the left, American on the top right, English on the bottom right. You are enjoying AMERICAN bacon, and you are a better person for it.

Our bacon is the same as yours. What you call Canadian bacon we call ham.

No, you don't. Type "Canadian Bacon" in any search engine and look at "Images," including the packaging that says "Canadian Bacon" with a maple leaf flag.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I will leave if I can't get insurance / healthcare for my very sick kid.

It's a terrifying thought.

Enough said.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Most people will just stay and complain.

That isn't a US-specific thing...that's an everywhere and every other country thing.

Reality dictates reality.
Unless you have the available resources to up-sticks and vacate AND actually make a life where you're intending to vacate then your ass is staying right where it is.

We all shoulda coulda woulda...it's just a human thing.

Will also say this though:
One thing I don't get is the amount of sheer chest-thumping and 'kiss-my-ass-we're-the-best' BULLSHYTE I see posted so often.

Here's a thing...regardless of country...NO you're not the best...NO you're not Gods gift to the Universe...NO you're not the be all and end all. There IS a whole BUTTLOAD of countries who enjoy a whole lot of what you do - they just don't go around spouting their chest-beating and being all international dicks about it...

End of the day YOU decide where or what is best for YOU and YOURS.

Aaaaaaaand you do that by summing up the Bullshyte Vs Bravo ratio.
No place is perfect. Not a place on this Earth.
Every place has it's pluses and it's minuses...and that's what you consider...on a PERSONAL level.

If the ledger tallies out in your favour - stay.
If it shows up in the red - move.
And again only if you can.

edit on 19-9-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, they put ham on a plate and call it bacon.

That sir! Is a lie!

Is not: Observe:

Canadian on the left, American on the top right, English on the bottom right. You are enjoying AMERICAN bacon, and you are a better person for it.

Our bacon is the same as yours. What you call Canadian bacon we call ham.

No, you don't.

Really? You're going to tell me what we eat up here? Bwahahahaha....

Type "Canadian Bacon" in any search engine and look at "Images," including the packaging that says "Canadian Bacon" with a maple leaf flag.

Maple Leaf is a brand. That is being marketed to the States.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: alien

Most people will just stay and complain. That isn't a US-specific thing...that's an everywhere and every other country thing. Reality dictates reality. Unless you have the available resources to up-sticks and vacate AND actually make a life where you're intending to vacate then your ass is staying right where it is.

But exactly how much awareness did it take to see what the US is becoming or IS at the present time; divided, violent, with a neo style of segregation, gated communities, paranoia, armed gangs on both sides of the political spectrum.

I saw this future cultural dystopnian America back in O8 when the economy went south and the anger level of the average citizen increased and they started to look for scapegoats.

People say...."wait till after the elections, everything will settle down" ...... no it won't it will increase. Look at all the survivalist types just waiting to get out their toys and raise havoc. Christians convinced that "the end is near" **** it may be for all I know. But if the S*** is about to hit the fan, I prefer to watch in on TV from somewhere else than the US. If nothing happens, then I've had a wonderful extended vacation and I'll come back. Some chose to put their money in guns and rice and beans; I put a large part of my finances in the same place Mitt Romney put his. The elite know things....

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Morbidmolly

I know right? I miss my hometown back in Mississippi. Nice hot summers and not too cold of winters.

<< 1  2   >>

join