It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A friend of mine is moving from the states if [Blank] wins the election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I was talking with an American friend of mine the other day when he said that he and his family is seriously considering moving to another country if a particular candidate wins the election (not stating which one both out of respect and because this is not a political candidate bashing thread).

He dislikes both candidates, but is particularily revolted by a particular one and feels that his family would be better off leaving. He's also fed up with a number of other issues within the states, but this one particular person in power would be the tipping point.

It made me wonder how many others feel this strongly about the current election and state of the USA. Have any of you thought of leaving?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I was talking with an American friend of mine the other day when he said that he and his family is seriously considering moving to another country if a particular candidate wins the election (not stating which one both out of respect and because this is not a political candidate bashing thread).

He dislikes both candidates, but is particularily revolted by a particular one and feels that his family would be better off leaving. He's also fed up with a number of other issues within the states, but this one particular person in power would be the tipping point.

It made me wonder how many others feel this strongly about the current election and state of the USA. Have any of you thought of leaving?

No they won't but if they did then whatever. I despise the liberal anti-rights movement but I will not leave the USA no matter how much they take over. I find it odd Hillary and Obama will give terrorists millions in guns but want to take the USA citizens guns rights away.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I have travelled to enough countries to know I like it here and have no intention of leaving no matter who winds this crappy election.

Unless somewhere inside the Hollow Earth is a magical land called Baconbeertopia.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You know... The thought crossed my mind the other night about this exact subject. And.... I can see it. Why?

It's because both candidates are so far on the other side of their party that the divide between them is galactic! There is no happy median. The only happy median goes to the democrats if Hillary wins or the republicans if Trump wins. So I can see why either side would want to move out of the country if the other wins.

Our country is screaming for change. Claw, blood and tooth! It's just that the change they want are on total different sides of the spectrum. I do see violence at the end of this election one way or the other! Maybe this was planned to be this way?

edit on 17-9-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Costa Rica is looking better and better. But alas I'll probable suck it up and stay in Tennessee. If the US falls apart, my area will probably be as safe a place as any.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I would consider it absolutely if it had a particular consequence which, out of respect for this thread's intent, I won't bring up.

In my case, it would be because of a serious policy issue, as well as fear and loathing.

AB

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I've long said that we are reaching the point where half of us can't stand the other half because we have diverged in our beliefs on what this country should be.

I'd go elsewhere to avoid conflict if there was anywhere else in the world that reflected my philosophies.

Thing is that there are plenty of other countries that do reflect the philosophies of the other half and yet they persist in insisting I be made to live their way. That I don't understand.

But I don't blame anyone for moving somewhere that better reflects what they believe fits their personal philosophy. As I said, I'd move heaven and earth to go there is such a place existed for me. Unfortunately, this is it, and this is under assault.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If Blank wasn't in the race, what other candidate from Blanks party would he support? Bernie was never going to get the nom... so I have feeling that either way you cut it your friend would be leaving the country.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I advise your friend to cool off. No better way to do that than to check out the requirements to migrate to other countries, not visit on a visa, but to permanently live there. The coast is clear in a lot of places if they refugees, but that hardly fits in this case. In any case, money and business concerns are what other countries look for in decent citizens. I'm sure your hot-headed friend will be unpleasantly surprised about the requirements that he will find.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I'm not going any where because things are going to get real interesting in this country within the next 5 years. All this bullsh!t is going to come to a head.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Theres no quitting team America!

Suffer with the rest of us!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I advise your friend to cool off. No better way to do that than to check out the requirements to migrate to other countries, not visit on a visa, but to permanently live there. The coast is clear in a lot of places if they refugees, but that hardly fits in this case. In any case, money and business concerns are what other countries look for in decent citizens. I'm sure your hot-headed friend will be unpleasantly surprised about the requirements that he will find.

I know. How dare other countries, even predominantly white ones, have coherent immigration policies with actual standards that they enforce! I thought that was racist or something.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There are a whole lot of people who CLAIM they will leave if their least favorite candidate wins, but few will actually DO it. It's mostly talk to show how "invested" they think they are in the process. I'm sure if a dozen families actually do exit the media will be all over it and pronounce it a phenomenon. But the fact is the US now has a population of 318 million and change before the election, and after the election the US will have a population of 318 million and change.

Changing countries is a big deal. There are lots of roots to pull from the ground and not really very many places to go where a US citizen can find work and settle. The US is supposed to take in anyone who shows up at the border no matter who they are or what they have done, but the rest of the world, including liberal places like Canada, are not nearly as accommodating--especially to Americans. You go to a place like the UK and they stamp your passport with "No employment. No public funds. Get out soon." You come to America and they give you social security benefits.

It's mostly a one-way street. If you've got serious money, places like Canada will take you, but if you;re a working stiff, don't expect a great reception. If you have a very specialized skill that is in demand, you'll have an easier time of it, but most people don't.

So it's mostly talk by people who would have a hard time being accepted elsewhere anyway. They won't leave. They'll just stay and grumble and say how screwed over they are.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm kind of ashamed of the candidates we have for president myself. I hope Europeans and Asians do not think I am like Trump or Clinton. I'm not going to move though, I will just go stand in the corner in shame.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm kind of ashamed of the candidates we have for president myself. I hope Europeans and Asians do not think I am like Trump or Clinton. I'm not going to move though, I will just go stand in the corner in shame.

Why would they? Do we really all think every N. Korean is like Lil' Kim? Do we think every Russian is Putin, and I think we're all aware that a lot of Germans are nowhere near on the same page with Merkel.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I know several people who are considering this (from both candidate sides). The funny thing is that they all have the same reason . . . that said candidate will make the country to un-American. My wife suggested moving to Canada should someone win, I vetoed her because its too cold up there.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Why would I leave just because someone who is ideologically opposed to me wins an election?

If everyone did that, then the opposing side would win.

Tell your friend that he needs to find his spine and stand and fight for what he believes in.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

We know someone who moved to Canada after campaigning for and electing Obama. Then, things went to crap in his personal business, so he moved to Canada for better conditions.

Talk about sticking us with crap and then bailing and being baffled as to why things didn't get better.

Now he's in Canada crowing about free health care while he complains about how expensive everything is. /facepalm

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
People said the same thing when bush jr and obama where elected,
how many really moved after those 4 elections, im guessing not many.
edit on 17-9-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Buh, Bye.....

Best to run than stand and fight for change....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join