It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watchmen movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
If you haven't read the watchmen there is nothing I can say here to explain it other than it one of the best (some say the best) graphic novel.
Anyone who is into conspiracies will love this book.

There Have been other movies made of graphic novels by Alan Moore.From Hell. Staring Johnny Depp and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Sean Connary. Neither movie has Alan Moore actually watched.

The only Way a Watchmen movie will be good is if:
It's treated like Lord of the Rings was.
Alan Moore actually is interested in watching the..err..Watchmen.
Who Watches the Watchmen?

Here is a lenghty interview with Alan Moore

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I read the Watchmen years ago - pretty good.

As for LXG - Good film but they could have made it better if they'd kept to the original graphic novel.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The move is in motion.
I don't see a director added yet.

Who watches the Watchmen

Is Peter Jackson done with King Kong?
I wish he would direct the Watchmen.

I'm guessing no matter what the graphic novel will still be better than the movie.

Can anyone think of some good scenes that got to be in the movie?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I don't know All of them (hehe), I really don't mind if they cut/add a scene as long as they make it like the comic, as opposed to basing it off the comic. If it's not put during the cold war it'll lose a big part of the theme. Of course my favorite scene is the end scenes, Include Rorschach's side adventures, WHoah i just read Umbrax's link and there not really going to have Dr. Manhatten til the end scences. Hey if it's good or bad i still gotta go see it!

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The watchmen is an awesome graphic novel. And i believe that you are right. the only way they could do justice for the Watchmen is to have Alan Moore activley participating in the making of the movie

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
watchmenmovie.com is up and running. All you can do right now is register for updates. On the web site it does say 2006. However I don't see how it could be done by then and if it was, it would be rushed.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Here is a long over due update on this movie. (Last post was in February :lol

Warner Bros. is now going to be the studio in charge of this one. The above links are to paramount studio's web sites so they are no longer working.

filmforce.ign.com

Exclusive: Which Studio Is Watching Watchmen?

December 16, 2005 - IGN FilmForce has confirmed that the long-in-development feature film version of Watchmen is not quite as dead as fans feared after Paramount put it into turnaround last summer, just months before it was slated to film.

Good news first. Producers Lloyd Levin and Larry Gordon have officially set up Watchmen at Warner Bros. (Entertainment Weekly reported a few months back that Gordon and Levin were in talks with Warners.) This studio makes sense as it belongs to the Time Warner empire, as does Watchmen's comic book publisher, DC Comics. Warners has revitalized the comic book movie genre with its gritty, A-list Batman Begins and looks to stay the course with next year's Superman Returns and V for Vendetta.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Someone send Robert Rodriquez a copy of Watchmen. He's good at making comic book movies that seem impossible to make. Alan Moore could get director's credit too!

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This is definitely going to take some great talent to bring to the screen..... I feel that no matter how much I love the story, there's just no way to pare it down to fit into a 1.5 to 2.5 hour movie and stay true to the book. I'll still be there to see it though

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wow this thread is way behind. Here are some updates.

Cast of The Watchmen Finally Revealed!
Dr. Manhattan to be done in CGI

SR

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I bet they censor the vietnam scenes though. Can't wait for this movie hope they do a brillant page by page adaption or near enough like 300 and Sin City instead of the proposed plans that sound a bit far from the original source and don't sound like they'll work.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by SR]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Jack Snyder (director of 300) is directing this movie and it is due out next year.
Man, it's gonna be awesome.

new topics

top topics

join