It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified @ Tonopah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The google map imagery for DET3 AFFTC and TTR have updated recently. I was having a look over and noticed this. It could be nothing, but it also does look like something moving into a hangar. Looks almost like it has two vertical stabilisers but then again it could just be me seeing what I want to see.. It certainly seems to be an object of some sort, but what?

37.798244, -116.774809

FWIW, there also seems to be a large amount of activity at the base. Look at this parking space!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

Looks like a Nighthawk going back into the hangar. But I'm in my phone so can't get really good resolution.
edit on 9/17/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
That's no object. It's a pile of pixels.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ive zoomed in trying to get some details, even if it were a stored F-117 with the vertical stabilizers removed the shape doesn`t match up. A F117 is a bit over 60ft long and compared with those vehicles the object in question is much smaller.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Great! You guys have found a UFO on the grounds of a test facility. Now, if we could get to focus on unidentifieds that are not directly connected to the government...oh, never mind.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

To me the unidentified object looks like the black soot left from jet exhaust on the taxiway. Sometimes that sort of thing can look like solid objects from sat images. Those hangers are double ended and the craft inside face inward do that would fit with the correct direction.

As far as the parking lot, that lot was really full when Zaph and I spotted it from Brainwash. The buildings to the left are the Janet terminal. Most all of them are gov. vehicles used for personnel coming in on the Janet flights to get to other parts of the base. The fact that most of them are still there also suggests that most people haven't come into the base yet.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

That's half the fun of looking at these pics on my phone. Playing the "what's that dot" game.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I couldn't find that particular image on Google Maps or Google Earth but I did find it on Terraserver image date 7-23-16. That was a Saturday and would explain the full paring lot since not many people would be working that day. Oddly enough that was two days after Zaph and I were up there.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Which canyon was this in? I'm on my phone too, so I'm dealing with bad quality.

Depending on the canyon...
Well, I doubt they'd let any satellite take photos of that bird.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: HomeyKXTA

I don't know about anyone else, but my Google maps is going bonkers when I try to zoom in on TTR...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Man...I don't even know what that is.... It could be two cars pushed together via mashed up satellite images....
Or it could be the plane that never existed, due to where it's budget came from.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

To me it looks like a small version of Northrop`s 6th gen fighter with engines spaced a bit further apart than the one seen in the commercial. Maybe a smaller scale tech demonstrator? But it also looks to be missing the right wing or a apart of it.

Then like Sammamishman mentioned it may not be an aircraft at all but possibly soot or water and because its at Tonapah we have a sort of paradolia going on.

About how big you guys think just that one hangar is? Not the entire row but just the one at the end.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

If they're the ones I'm thinking of, not a lot bigger than something the size of a Nighthawk. They have some big hangars with fun stuff in them, but most of them are fighter sized.

It's kind of funny. One of the biggest hangars on base has so much extra room in it that it's not funny because the aircraft in it aren't that big.
edit on 9/17/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Some fun unmanned tagalong stuff from what Ive read in a unclassified document one of you guys posted years ago. This particular hangar looks like a smaller one that might have had a single Nighthawk in them during its heyday. Now most are packed in there for storage IIRC. Big hangar to keep all parts of a cohesive unit together maybe?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The bigger hangar holds 3-4 aircraft. They're not large aircraft so there's a lot of space left over. We got some shots of it with both sides open and the aircraft inside. Not anything super secret, I'm just not sure which version it is.

There are 6 Nighthawks that are still in their own hangar. Four are flying and two are apparently spares.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

About how big you guys think just that one hangar is? Not the entire row but just the one at the end.

i.kinja-img.com...
i0.wp.com...

I believe this also may be the same type of hangar

www.stormclimb.com...
i.kinja-img.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Hangar...non plural?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Hangar. The large one near the control tower that's by itself for the three to four aircraft (not Nighthawks). The Nighthawks are in the connected hangars.

We caught three Nighthawks, each in their own hangar, two flew and they fueled the third, and a fourth hangar had the doors cracked, but we couldn't tell what they were doing, and from what I've heard there are two spares.

edit on 9/18/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Those mothballed nighthawks must have alot of breathing room then

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

They can fit two per hangar it looks like, once they take the wings off. They're testing goodies with four of them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join