It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

DONALD TRUMP Says HILLARY Should Practice What She Preaches - NO GUNS for Her Protectors.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
SO I normally like to stay out of these threads, but here I am anyways:

Here's some quotes, with linkied sources to talk about:
Hillary's own site

As president, Hillary will:
Expand background checks to more gun sales—including by closing the gun show and internet sales loopholes—and strengthen the background check system by getting rid of the so-called “Charleston Loophole.”

Take on the gun lobby by removing the industry’s sweeping legal protection for illegal and irresponsible actions (which makes it almost impossible for people to hold them accountable), and revoking licenses from dealers who break the law.

Keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers, other violent criminals, and the severely mentally ill by supporting laws that stop domestic abusers from buying and owning guns, making it a federal crime for someone to intentionally buy a gun for a person prohibited from owning one, and closing the loopholes that allow people suffering from severe mental illness to purchase and own guns. She will also support work to keep military-style weapons off our streets.

WSJ

The Clinton campaign laid out a robust gun-control agenda, including calling on Congress to overturn a 2005 law that bars victims of gun violence from suing gun manufacturers. Mr. Sanders supported that law when he served in the House.

On The issue

CLINTON: Guns, in and of themselves, will not make Americans safer. We lose 33,000 people a year already to gun violence, arming more people to do what I think is not the appropriate response to terrorism. The first line of defense against radicalization is in Muslim-American community.

CLINTON: I said I made a mistake on Iraq, and I would love to see Senator Sanders join with some of my Senate colleagues in addition the Senate that I see in the audience. Let's reverse the immunity. Let's put the gun makers and sellers on notice that they're not going to get away with it.

I will push hard to get more sensible restraints. I want to work with Congress, but I will also look at ways as president. We must expand background checks for gun shows and online sales, and close the current loophole that negates the need for a background check after a 3-day waiting period. I will also repeal legislation that shields gun manufacturers, distributors and dealers from liability suits, even in cases of mass shootings.

Q: Do you support the DC handgun ban?
A: I want to give local communities the authority over determining how to keep their citizens safe. This case you’re referring to is before the Supreme Court.
Q: But what do you support?
A: I support sensible regulation that is consistent with the constitutional right to own and bear arms.
Q: Is the DC ban consistent with that right?
A: I think a total ban, with no exceptions under any circumstances, might be found by the court not to be. But DC or anybody else [should be able to] come up with sensible regulations to protect their people.
Q: But do you still favor licensing and registration of handguns?
A: What I favor is what works in NY. We have one set of rules in NYC and a totally different set of rules in the rest of the state. What might work in NYC is certainly not going to work in Montana. So, for the federal government to be having any kind of blanket rules that they’re going to try to impose, I think doesn’t make sense.

So it looks like at best she's being vague about her stance. She states that she supports the 2nd amendment, but also wants to allow cities and states to limit it. She also wants to allow for law suits against gun manufacturers by victims of mass shootings.
So there it is, of course there is more and you're all able to go look for yourself. By the way this took a whooping 4 minutes of research to find.

***PERSONAL NOTE***

I find the lawsuit issue to be the most disturbing of these ideas. In essence it says the if a user of an item kills or injures another person, then the person that's injured would be able to sue the company that made the item. For example: If I get drunk then drive my truck into a school yard and kill a bunch of kids. The parents would have the right to sue the truck manufacturer for damages. while I know that the stated intent is gun manufactures, I also know that people like to exploit the law in any way possible.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
SO I normally like to stay out of these threads, but here I am anyways:

***PERSONAL NOTE***

I find the lawsuit issue to be the most disturbing of these ideas. In essence it says the if a user of an item kills or injures another person, then the person that's injured would be able to sue the company that made the item. For example: If I get drunk then drive my truck into a school yard and kill a bunch of kids. The parents would have the right to sue the truck manufacturer for damages. while I know that the stated intent is gun manufactures, I also know that people like to exploit the law in any way possible.

That would be akin to allowing U.S. family members to sue another country, if a terrorist who kill Americans, is from that country, wouldn't it?

I remember hearing about something our Congress passed last week, in regards to Saudi-Arabia and the September 11th terrorist attacks. Family members whose loved ones were killed or maimed in the attacks, would be able to sue the Saudi Arabian government. President Obama says he's going to veto it, however. Like you're saying GuyFriday, Obama feels that enabling such a law opens the door to a ton of inappropriate lawsuits.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Shamrock6

I don't believe Trump could make up his mind on how to vote on any issue. He changes every five days. Usually Friday night.
Logic does not apply.

The only meaningful portion of your comment is the last line.

Indeed.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Oh. I see. You want to talk about me. Flattered.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: violet

Was a stupid thing to say but I suppose he's right if she asking Americans to disarm.

I can't seem to find where she's done that. Can you?

Oh, But Donny said she did. And he's always right. Right?

I said "if" . If she has. I don't know what she's said exactly about the gun issue.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

That's why I asked.

I mean, if my uncle was a woman he would be my aunt. But he isn't.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Friday, September 16, 2016

DONALD TRUMP Says HILLARY Should Practice What She Preaches - NO GUNS for Her Protectors.

But that wouldn't be a case of Hillary practising what she preaches, because she's never insisted that security details for politicians should be disarmed. Nor has she demanded that gun ownership should be outlawed.

So Trump is just making himself look like a complete idiot.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: violetI don't know what she's said exactly about the gun issue.

Probably a good idea to find out, then?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The politicians at the top love to legislate from their elite ivory towers. They decree laws that only we must obey, while they live in comfort on our backs.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

I'm quite comfortable. Though not in the lap of luxury.
I sure as hell wouldn't want to be a legislator, no matter what the pay.

Envy is a nasty thing.

edit on 9/19/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

when did clinton say anything about disarming the country?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
He says stuff we all think about......he stirs the pot....this time Hillary gets to lick the spoon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join