It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

DONALD TRUMP Says HILLARY Should Practice What She Preaches - NO GUNS for Her Protectors.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

I'm betting that Trump backs out last minute.

Trump is irresponsible. This statement.....once again deplorable.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: carewemust

Where did Hillary say that the President and congress are going to disarm america?

I don't think she's ever said that. On the other hand, I'd also have to ask, which major gun control bills in recent years has Hillary opposed? When did she stand with gun owners to protect their rights?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It takes a mountain to change the constitution.
Hillary wants stricter background checks to keep the guns out of the hands of terrorists.
She wants automatic assault rifles reserved for the battleground.
Donalds penchant for exaggeration not withstanding. She never said she wanted to take your guns.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Why does she need to do that? She is very clear that she stands for gun control laws. It would take guns to force congress to vote to rescind the 2nd amendment (ironic), which she has never advocated.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

If she wants to convince gun owners that she's 'not going to take their guns', then it might help to establish a little credibility with gun owners rather than constantly attack them and their rights. Might be that's why they think she (and the Democrat party overall) want to take away their guns and their right to defend themselves.

If she's never taken their side of the argument, why should they believe anything she says?
edit on 17-9-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Then to convince me to vote for Trump using you same criteria, he needs to get rid of Pence and convince me he will leave abortion, planned parenthood alone with new laws.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Because the right-wing is fundamentally authoritarian ... they're not about actual liberty or individual rights or even freedom.

The same folks who have been wailing and gnashing their teeth for eight years over the "tyrant Obama" are now smooching the nethers of a man who has bragged about how many laws he will ignore and destroy on his first day in office.

They don't believe in freedom of speech for anyone but themselves. You disagree with them? They put a cross-hair on your photograph and think it's funny.

They live in a "post-fact era" where ignorance thrives and hatred matures.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

DNC platfrom
With 33,000 Americans dying every year, Democrats believe that we must finally take sensible action to address gun violence. While responsible gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM's)—off our streets. We will fight back against attempts to make it harder for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to revoke federal licenses from law breaking gun dealers, and ensure guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists, intimate partner abusers, other violent criminals, and those with severe mental health issues. There is insufficient research on effective gun prevention policies, which is why the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention must have the resources it needs to study gun violence as a public health issue.

The want to repeal the PLCAA which opens a whole can of nasty worms where gun manufactures and gun dealers can be sued for the actions of an individual who uses their product. The point would be to get a lawsuit into the Supreme court which would make a gun manufacturer very liable for individual weapon usage. defacto Banning weapon manufacturing through threat of lawsuit.
That is why the supreme court is such a big deal.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I'm not trying to convince you to vote for Trump. I doubt I could do that. Personally, I'm not even a strong Trump supporter myself, though I almost certainly will vote for him as an anti-Hillary vote.

The point remains, however, that Hillary has made her own nest on this issue. Using your example, just as a GOP candidate who has voted consistently for abortion restrictions is not going to convince you that he/she does not want an outright abortion ban, a Democrat such as Hillary who has consistently voted and supported restricting gun rights is never going to convince most gun rights supporters that she does not want an outright ban on firearms, either.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

The want to repeal the PLCAA which opens a whole can of nasty worms where gun manufactures and gun dealers can be sued for the actions of an individual who uses their product.
You know that gun manufacturers can be and have been sued under the PLCAA, right? Cases which were decided by lower courts.

edit on 9/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They can be sued for injury arising from manufacturing defects and such. The intent of the law was to prevent gun manufacturers from being sued for the criminal misuse of their products by the end-user.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

They can be sued for injury arising from manufacturing defects and such.

Huh. Interesting.
archive.jsonline.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

As I said, it prevents lawsuits arising from the criminal misuse of product by the end-user. It does not protect the dealer if they broke the law in the process of the sales transaction, which was the allegation in that case.

Straight from the law itself:

(1) To prohibit causes of action against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, and importers of firearms or ammunition products, and their trade associations, for the harm solely caused by the criminal or unlawful misuse of firearm products or ammunition products by others when the product functioned as designed and intended.

Source

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

As I said, it prevents lawsuits arising from the criminal misuse of product by the end-user.
If an end user had not committed a crime there would have been no lawsuit. The seller was sued (under PLCAA), not for any "injury arising from manufacturing defects and such." Your words.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Again, the lawsuit was allowed to proceed because there was an additional allegation that the dealer had committed a federal crime by knowingly allowing the buyer to conduct a straw purchase. The court found, correctly, that the PLCAA only applies to lawful gun sales. That's the key to that lawsuit and one you're intentionally ignoring.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Democrats believe in restrictions on abortion. That is the main reason for it being legal, to control bad medical practice with laws.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
All spin. It doesn't matter what he says. If you pay attention to the media, anything Trump says will be used to bolster up Clinton and against him. Doesn't matter in the long run because the people who are voting for him would still vote for him if proof was given tomorrow that he was an evil alien overlord from Saturn come to take over the world. And much the same could be said about the Clinton cultists as well.

Pete for Prez!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The point here is that there's a perception of Hillary among gun owners that she's largely created by her own past statements and actions. Just as an abortion-rights supporter would not trust a GOP candidate with a long track record of chipping away at abortion rights, gun rights supporters don't trust anything Hillary says, either, because she has consistently worked against them in the past. No empty words and assurances by Hillary will ever change that. If its even possible for her to change that perception, and if she wants those people to believe that she supports 2A and an individual right to private firearms ownership, she's going to have to prove it with her actions over the long term.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Republicans make it very clear they want to ban all abortion, some even for rape and incest. They have presented bills time and again or courts, trying to. Hillary has never voted for a bill the would rescind the second amendment.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

There's never been an attempt to rescind the 2nd Amendment (which isn't possible through an act of Congress, anyway). Would she support it? I have no idea, but aside from a few hollow words during an election cycle, I've never seen her otherwise do a single thing to suggest that she supports or respects 2A and gun owners.

The burden of proof is on her. She's the one running for president of the United States. If she wants people to believe that she supports 2A and gun owners, she needs to prove it with her actions, not a few empty words.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join