It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

‘Washington Post’ Confirms Hillary Clinton Started the Birther Movement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:30 PM

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Swills

I hate Trump. But I do remember Clinton or her minions floating this in 2008. Coded language, dog whistles. The knife cuts both ways...

Ah, yes...coded language.

As a Hillary supporter, back then, believe me, I was more hurt by the level of sexism used to defeat Hillary -- by Obama supporters -- and the unfair and exploitative shaming they used to silence us.

Every criticism and doubt inevitably was accused of being driven by racism.

Meanwhile, the blatant misogyny leveled at Hillary was basically ignored, by comparison.

I remember worrying that the U.S. hated women and that no woman would ever want to run again, after Hillary lost. I resolved myself that black men got the right to vote before women, and we would have to wait for the White House, too.

Since I've led an inclusive, integrated life -- I live in an integrated neighborhood in an urban area, I have important personal relationships with people who are black, I support minority-owned businesses in my neighborhood with my dollars, and I always advocated for equality -- I resented being called a racist simply because I got a whiff of something stinky when that first cruddy-jpeg of Obama's short form appeared at DailyKos (not a source I felt good about) and after witnessing the ensuing weirdness in how the skepticism was treated by the media.

I could write a book on the Obama birth certificate controversy. I mentioned before that I spent a few years blogging and researching it.

The fact that I was/have been accused of being a racist solely for my interest in the subject is what is truly 'deplorable' IMO.

People exploited feelings of racial injustice to deflect scrutiny for a now-proven typical lying politician who wasn't the agent of hope and change that he claimed to be. They are still doing it with no shame.
edit on 17-9-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:47 PM

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UKTruth

Nope. Not a shred of truth in what you said.
Totally debunked.

The facts don;t seem to back you up, but you are welcome to ignore them.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:03 PM
and Fox News!
"(The Hillary Clinton campaign moved Saturday to further distance itself from the re-ignited controversy about President Obama’s birthplace and long-time Clinton confidant Sidney Blumenthal, saying neither Clinton nor the 2008 campaign “ever” questioned the president’s citizenship.

Donald Trump, Clinton’s Republican presidential rival, revived the so-called “birther” issue earlier this week when he declined to say definitively whether Obama is a U.S. citizen.)"

Link to fox news

Both of the have No depth to how Low they will go.
but clinton it by for the most evil.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:15 PM

Two Republican presidential candidates claim the so-called “birther” movement originated with the Hillary Clinton campaign in 2008. While it’s true that some of her ardent supporters pushed the theory, there is no evidence that Clinton or her campaign had anything to do with it.

Was Hillary Clinton the Original ‘Birther’?

Yep only because the Clinton camp was losing to Obama in 2008.

Turn 2016 now Trump gets blamed for starting something the Clinton Camp did.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:23 PM

Joe S at the 1:12 mark.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:41 PM

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Profusion
What a wonderful distortion of what the Post article actually said. There is nothing, nothing in the supposedly damning memo which suggests Obama was not born in the US or is a Muslim.

What the memo suggests is a strategy using the existing impressions of Obama as an outsider because of his early years in Indonesia and Hawaii (which some still consider a foreign country) by accentuating Clinton's middle American upbringing.

He was a practicing muslim wjen jw was tounger

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:15 AM
Breitbart gets another story wrong!
No surprises here. When lies are all you have; lies are what you're going to tell.
The real question is; why do Drumpf supporters enjoy being lied to so much?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:22 AM
a reply to: neo96

"Original Birther" as used here is Lib Speak of "Trump is Racist". Wow and Clinton and her people are playing close to the fire here. This is risky. If its seen clearly as the bull crap hype that it is it will simply produce backlash. But they are desperate for something as poles tighten and this latest flap should be seen as coming from that, with no real basis in anything else save maybe to just beat Trump to the punch.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:01 PM

a reply to: Khaleesi

Fine. They investigated a false rumor.
Now what?

It shows Clinton's campaign was toying with the birth issue around the time of the Democratic Convention in 2008, regardless of whatever earlier "startup" of the birther issue might exist out there.

I'm discounting such "who started it" semantics arguments here.

It therefore appears that Clinton is guilty of attempting to use the birth certificate issue herself in the past, and is hence displaying a certain level of hypocrisy in berating Trump's past use of the same issue.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:38 PM
a reply to: Harte
Hypocrisy in politics? No!

In any case, 2 points about the Blumenthal thing.

1) I misspoke, it was not the Clinton campaign which did the investigation of the claim.
2) Blumenthal denies telling Asher that Obama was born in Kenya.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:49 PM

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Swills

And you are convinced 100% that Trump is not saying this for political reasons.

You need to get deep into the strategy and learn to ignore most of what's on the surface.

So are you suggesting that Trump is just saying that because of politics??? You mean he is lying??? Not telling it how it is???

I'm shocked you would suggest that.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:12 PM
a reply to: xuenchen

None of this matters, I would vote for Ghengis Khan or even Pol Pot or Goebels over Hillary.

HRC is probably one of the top 3 worst human beings on the planet today.

Voting for Trump is not necessarily a vote for Trump, but a vote against the most repulsive sea hag to have ever existed.

No birther or no? Meh just a distraction.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:00 PM

a reply to: ketsuko

And we want to elect her as president again why?

What? She was already President?
Am I a victim of the Mandela effect?

This is her second time running. The last time she ran there were people that wanted to elect her as president, now that she is running a second time those people want to elect her as president again.

Get it?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:02 PM
Clinton's supporters were pushing the birther theory way back in May 2008. Everyone knows this.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:11 PM

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish
Clinton's supporters were pushing the birther theory way back in May 2008. Everyone knows this.

Agreed - I'm glad DJT set the record straight.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>