It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

‘Washington Post’ Confirms Hillary Clinton Started the Birther Movement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

New analysis from the Washington Post removes any doubt that the anti-Obama Birther movement was started in 2007 and 2008 by Hillary Clinton, her campaign, and her Democrat supporters.

As Breitbart News reported earlier this month, other left-wing media outlets, like Politico and the Guardian, had already traced the Birther movement back to Democrats and Ms. Clinton. Using his wayback machine on Wednesday, the Post‘s David Weigel took an in-depth look at the origins of the false rumors that President Obama is a practicing Muslim who was not born in a America. Weigel’s reporting contains the final pieces of a very disturbing puzzle.
Source

The Clinton supporters in the thread linked to below who agreed that Clinton was justified for calling Trump a bigot over his birther stance look awfully foolish now. I wonder how they'll deal with this news.

Clinton Accuses Trump of 'Bigotry' for Silence on Obama's Birthplace

[sarcasm]I guess both sides can call each other bigots now.[/sarcasm] I think the only question left is whether this is kindergarten-level banter or possibly a little higher-level like third grade, maybe fourth.

What has happened to society when people can't remember what happened in 2008? How did we get to the point where the kind of hypocrisy described in the stories linked to above is happening in a presidential election?
edit on 16-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
What a wonderful distortion of what the Post article actually said. There is nothing, nothing in the supposedly damning memo which suggests Obama was not born in the US or is a Muslim.

What the memo suggests is a strategy using the existing impressions of Obama as an outsider because of his early years in Indonesia and Hawaii (which some still consider a foreign country) by accentuating Clinton's middle American upbringing.

edit on 9/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If democrats didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is it any wonder it's a wonderful distortion of what the Post article actually said? I mean, Breitbart is first and foremost out of touch with reality but they are also literally the propaganda arm of Trump's campaign since it's chairman is also the CEO of said campaign.

CEO of a campaign? Is that even a thing? Another Trump first, I guess.

edit on 16-9-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
LOL

Another statement by Hillary blows up in her face.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

But, it's always been conservatives who attacked and "investigated" Obama's citizenship, never Democrats. Funny too, since Cruz was born in Canada and McCain in Panama. Conservatives have no problems with their citizenship, only a black Democrat who also happened to be president. I'm sure racism was never factor in questioning Obama's legitimacy....

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
LOL

That memo is the proof.

READ IT.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Since we're talking about things blowing up in faces, how about the fact Trump just ended the conspiracy of Obama's citizenship? I mean, that right wing conspiracy was going strong still and I even recall a thread about it (which I'm pretty sure you posted in congratulating the OP on a job well done) not too long ago where I posted a copy of my own BC because I too was born in Hawaii.

So I guess all of you conservatives preaching and gathering all your so called evidence about Obama being a Muslim Kenyan was completely all for naught, amirite??

BOOM!
edit on 16-9-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

And you are convinced 100% that Trump is not saying this for political reasons.

You need to get deep into the strategy and learn to ignore most of what's on the surface.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Tbh, I don't believe anything Trump says and I'm sure he fully believes Obama is a Kenyan and that's because Trump is a liar. So the real question, questions, for you are, do you agree Obama is a US citizen and do you believe Trump or that he is lying for political reason?

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You'll have to bare with us conservatives. Our good thinking must be buried under our clan robes.
Or maybe beside our swastikas.
Cuz we all have them ya know.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

LOL

This isn't a 20-questions session.

But my own opinion (based on research I am familiar with) was suggested in another thread.

If you can find it, maybe I'll comment there.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
How can ANY ONE anywhere believe ANYTHING any media outlet says. It's a fight for ratings, online subscriptions & sales of papers & magazines.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I hate Trump. But I do remember Clinton or her minions floating this in 2008. Coded language, dog whistles. The knife cuts both ways...

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Hillary 2008 supporter here. And I am a 'birther' -- from day one of the controversy, pretty much. The treatment of the issue was enough to hook me...

But I was there at the outset.

The first image of Obama's short form was posted at DailyKos. The Texas Darlin' Blog (pro-Hillary) was the most active online forum where the issue was debated....before it was even published on DailyKos.

However, disinfo agents, like Andy Martin, Leo Donofrio, Phillip Berg, and Orly Taitz helped muddy the waters with their bunk legal attempts to resolve the issue. And Jerome Corsi was 'the' conservative crap-news mouthpiece to discredit the questions, too.

What I witnessed when the controversy started was juicy. I figured there was a reason behind so much effort to cloud the issue and lead people down dead ends.

i was a birther then and I still am, eight years later.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Oh, c'mon, folks!

Obama only has 4 months and 20 days in office. What difference, at this point, does it make?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Looks like President Obama thinks there are more serious topics to tackle in this year's Presidential campaign...

Question is, will the MSM heed his words?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:23 PM link quote reply Looks like President Obama thinks there are more serious topics to tackle in this year's Presidential campaign... Question is, will the MSM heed his words?

If any have any moral character or common horse sense at all : the answer is a resounding no.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

That memo is the proof.

I read it.
Where is it stated or implied that Obama was not born in the US?
Where is it stated or implied that such a rumor be spread?
edit on 9/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join