It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Islam Is The Antithesis Of Western Liberal Values (BY THE NUMBERS)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Why in the world would you advocate intentionally starting some sh*t with anyone when you are a soldier in a foreign country? You should keep your mouth shut and do your job.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Okay well if there's some polls in specific you'd like to break down for us that's help us understand this. BTW: Are you in the EU (where there's a constant mass FRESH inflow of them), are are you in the US (where its more of a trickle effect)?

I live in London, UK.

There is no "mass inflow" of which you speak.

& to be honest you need to be less bias, maybe you should add the stats of how many Muslims have fought in Western waged wars of aggression to keep our rights intact.

A lot of them died too.

May I refer you to this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Those little squares were pictures of Muslims in Islamic countries protesting ISIS/Taliban/Al Qaeda etc.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The 2 million immigrating into Germany in 2015, where they newly arrived into the EU?

Can people 'already in the EU' move nation to nation without any problems?

I'm not claiming to be an expert on the above in this questioning.

Are there any specific polls you are at major odds with?

PS: I never said any / not enough were or were not speaking out. That isn't the premise of this thread. And I will applaud the ones that do fight for Western Liberal Values. More of it needs to be happening in the Middle East, meaning the moderates moving out to everywhere else ensure the ME will remain the global center of modern barbarism.
edit on 17-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Is that what that manual was really about? Meaning it was specifically telling them not to 'dis' people over stuff like rape or ANYTHING else? My impression is they aren't supposed to criticize, that is TALK about Islam in general. That they shouldn't even have attitudes about Islam in general and therefore the Taliban population somehow wont want to kill them (even though them just being there period has targets on their backs).

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The manual was saying to avoid inflammatory comments. It won't do any good and will only cause problems in the area. The soldiers aren't being sent there to harp on their opinions about the goings on there - that is not their mission.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The people triggered here would be Ben. Triggered over criticizing the dark nature of Mainstream Islam. SO I offer a solution for how they might adapt the language so that people can criticize said dark nature without smearing Westernized moderates, and now you chime in saying "why should they"?

Yes, why should they change or adapt a language that you find suitable, who's only purpose is to serve and coddle your personal sensibilities? It's your own version of SJW political correctness.

That tells me you might get off on the language as is being inherently loaded and thus ensuring this kind of stupid ad hominem ordeal will unfold every time people who believe in Western Liberal Values criticize the barbaric nature of Mainstream Islam. Meaning, you're agenda is to coddle it, if that is the case (unless you have an alternative explanation).

My agenda is to hold individuals accountable for the things they have done and defend those that are being demonized by internet know-it-alls that like to project their insecurities and fears through SJW word salads.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Did you read the manual?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Kayla Islam like Christianity is an idea, it is an attempt at answering the " hard questions" that every human is faced with, as an example "what is my purpose?". With that said, in no way is an idea safe from harsh criticism even more so if the idea purports to answer the "hard questions". Also, people who support this idea are culpable for the consequences of the idea put into practice, that is unless they can separate themselves from certain doctrines and bad ideas but in doing so they become something else entirely.

There is no protected idea there is no unchallengeable truth, and religion does not hold a monopoly on noble and honorable ideas, in fact the track record of religion in general is dismal and disgusting and riddled with tragedy and suffering, that's the true face of this seemingly untouchable and honorable truth.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

What are you talking about?

I'm talking about how "Democrat's" go apeshi'ite if anybody criticizes the dark nature of Mainstream Islam (which is a combination of religion+politics+ideology). I pointed out how "us" all only having "one" word to identify the whole thing is the same one we have for ALL Islam/Muslim's, more or less. SO I propose a word we can use to talk about the extremists (since Obama says we can't even use that word), and you spin this as I'm trying to figure out how I wont be triggered????????????

This is just crazy town all of this.

Anybody that's REAL DEAL Social Justice activist its time to take a strong stance on Sharia law and radical Islam, because if 'you' dont then it proves your supposed SJ cause is a sham, that instead 'you' just want to bicker with anybody that criticizes barbaric totalitarianism and the like.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Who gives a f I'd they have sharia courts they are 5 % In the uk and about the same in the usa they are not taking over and the only one who is acting all totalitarian is you and others who can not live and let live.
You keep being afraid of the bogey muslim men eh I will not be a coward and treat folk on their character not what religion they follow.
Man up and go out and meet muslims they are human first you know.

link   

Do you think it's every soldier's mission to go to a foreign country and start some sh*t with the locals they aren't actually shooting or bombing? Is that why we send them over there? To cause more tensions and problems then there already are? Does that make sense to you? Do you think the manual should say, "hey whenever you see someone brown over there, feel free to say anything you want about how they're all pedophiles - that works great and they'll really appreciate you being over there!"

link   

What are you talking about?

I'm talking about how "Democrat's" go apeshi'ite if anybody criticizes the dark nature of Mainstream Islam (which is a combination of religion+politics+ideology). I pointed out how "us" all only having "one" word to identify the whole thing is the same one we have for ALL Islam/Muslim's, more or less. SO I propose a word we can use to talk about the extremists (since Obama says we can't even use that word), and you spin this as I'm trying to figure out how I wont be triggered????????????

This is just crazy town all of this.

Anybody that's REAL DEAL Social Justice activist its time to take a strong stance on Sharia law and radical Islam, because if 'you' dont then it proves your supposed SJ cause is a sham, that instead 'you' just want to bicker with anybody that criticizes barbaric totalitarianism and the like.

Why do you get to decide what "mainstream Islam" is and not everyday Muslims like myself?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The laundry list of polls type data. Did you watch the first 2 OP videos? This whole thing really is framed around the debate there.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Do they really need to be drawn up a 'big' manual that goes into detail to tell them not to rag on the locals in places they are occupying?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I'm talking about how "Democrat's" go apeshi'ite if anybody criticizes the dark nature of Mainstream Islam (which is a combination of religion+politics+ideology).

No. Democrats and Leftists go ape# when people try to lump them all together, and try to, incorrectly, define what they believe to be "mainstream" Islam.

I pointed out how "us" all only having "one" word to identify the whole thing is the same one we have for ALL Islam/Muslim's, more or less. SO I propose a word we can use to talk about the extremists (since Obama says we can't even use that word), and you spin this as I'm trying to figure out how I wont be triggered????????????

The proposal serves no purpose, other than to coddle your sensibilities.

Take your strong stance against what you fear, Oh mighty soldier. I wish you the best in your crusade of Social Justice.

edit on 17-9-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

What exactly is included in Sharia law:

Beheadings
Stonings
Hangings
Crucifixions
Honor killings
Genocide
Burning infidels alive
Supremacy/global domination
Warfare/conquest
Beatings
Torture
Limb amputations
Genital mutilation
Death to apostates
Forced conversion
Slavery
Sex slavery and rape
Misogyny/sexism
Women enslavement
Wife beating
Child marriage/rape
Brutality against homosexuals
Censorship
Dictatorship
Bigotry and hatred
Robbery and pillage
Extortion of nonbelievers
Persecution and/or death for blasphemy/atheism
Animal cruelty
Prohibition of music/singing
Destruction of pre-Islamic antiquities
Etc., ad nauseam

Now is that inaccurate?

Check out this list of female related tenets of Sharia Law:
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
www.billionbibles.org...

Sharia Law good? Tell them to live and let live. And stop abusing children / females. And so on.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

HOLLYWEIRD:

Last night this first video happened to come on for me while playing Youtube. Celebrity Liberal & "SJW" Ben Affleck starts going off the hook in response to fellow Liberal Bill Maher and his guest (author) Sam Harris and their criticisms of mainstream Islamicism being inherently anti-Western Values.

Ben goes TRIGGERED for bringing up the subject of how the radicals 'over there' are. If we can't criticize the DARKNESS then that means you're supporting it in a round about way, or you might as well start, because that is effectively PROTECTING it.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

People who follow Islam peacefully are no more responsible for terrorists than people who follow Christianity peacefully are responsible for Westboro or the KKK.

There are people who do evil period. Many of them use whatever tools or ideas or philosophies or religions to try to justify their behavior and to control others.

I keep hearing the argument that guns are not the problem, that people are the problem. Okay then - religion is not the problem - people are the problem. You are barking up the wrong tree by simply bashing the religion or the innocent people who follow it, just like you are barking up the wrong tree by bashing the idea of the right to bear arms and the innocent people who own them.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I cannot account for Ben's personal opinion. He does not represent my thoughts or the thoughts of other groups of people.

And I see how you deflected here. You got caught in your own crusade for social justice.

You mighty warrior!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think there is a lot of hypocrisy on the left and right.

I think there are many positive things to learn spiritually and philosophically from Islam.

I also think I'd 99 out of 100 times never have a problem with a extremist Buddhist yet would have huge problems with a radical Jahidi. But an extremist Sufi who lives in the desert fasting wouldn't be a problem.

I think the problems are huge and complex, and "their" armies didn't come seeking us, we went seeking them.

Yet the issues of Jihad and theocratic power which can be abused stemming from Islam's insistence that you cannot divide the secular and sacred post some acute difficulties, ones not encountered in say Buddhism, though Buddhists also don't see a distinction between the sacred and the secular.

Both the Left and the Right have left the Muslim Modernist movement hung out to dry, the Left by having its head stuck up its a## by post modernizing everything into relativity and pretending to care about Muslims but never enough to actually learn anything about it's histories, philosophies, and ideas, just shallowness. The right by never recognizing the modernists and supporting policies that in the end destroyed and persecuted the moderates and modernists.

edit on 17-9-2016 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join