It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Islam Is The Antithesis Of Western Liberal Values (BY THE NUMBERS)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Here is a strong indicator that the Obama Administration’s crusade to appease Islam has gone too far; a new U.S. military handbook for troops deployed to the Middle East orders soldiers not to make derogatory comments about the Taliban or criticize pedophilia, among other outrageous things. It gets better; the new manual, which is around 75 pages, suggests that Western ignorance of Afghan culture— not Taliban infiltration—is responsible for the increase in deadly attacks by Afghan soldiers against the coalition forces. ... The draft leaked to the newspaper offers a list of “taboo conversation topics” that soldiers should avoid, including “making derogatory comments about the Taliban,” “advocating women’s rights,” “any criticism of pedophilia,” “directing any criticism towards Afghans,” “mentioning homosexuality and homosexual conduct” or “anything related to Islam.”

please...tell me this isnt true.

Its made up...right ?

like CGI and stuff.

Yeah, I know, it bedazzled my WTF Gland too!
edit on 19-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It's stuff like that that really makes me board the crazy train. John J. Rambo style.

I once thought of myself as sort off...liberal...for the lack of a better word.

These days the word makes me sick.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Go to a majority Muslim country. Tell everyone that you're a gay atheist, attempt to date members of the same sex. Capture everything on video. I'm legitimately curious as to what the results would be.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I've had this exact discussion with many people.

Islam/Radical Islam are not separate and should not be considered so.

The inculcated ideology of Islam is followed by a majority religious conservative bloc. The VAST majority of Muslims may not be terrorists, but the VAST majority of Muslims hold beliefs that enable terrorism. Either passively or actively, both of which are evident, most Muslims support the kind of ideology that brings about groups like ISIS.

So what does Islam need? Either reformation, or extinction. There is no in-between.

I have never been in the military but I have worked with many people that have been. The consensus of these experienced with Islam, especially overseas is that Muslims for the most part hold the same values. Those that would die for those values become terrorists, those who want nothing to do with those values must escape and everyone else supports or accepts these values but not to the level of committing terrorism themselves.

From what I have seen and heard directly from those who know Islam best is that there is no non-radical Islam.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I tend to think binary. True or false, bad or good, one or zero....... islam and things islamic do not ever get a capital letter. More so than most religions, this one needs to go byebye.
Where ever islam goes....tears soon follow.

I went as far to write a song...... I'm and Infidel (and proud)

edit on 19-9-2016 by Zimnydran because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: projectvxn

I guess we should do the same with Christians too. Oh, and Jews. Don't forget the Catholics.

You can view all religions as a terrorist group if you judge based on the extremists and their texts.

When is this logical fallacy going to stop being used?

When stupid people stop painting the whole religion for the actions of a few.

Except as explained several times, they are enabled by the majority as they hold the same beliefs.

You seem to know the beliefs of muslims better than the muslims themselves.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: logical7

I know quite a few Muslims. Many of whom are in danger because they support things like education for girls. They are not the majority. They are often ostracized and many times killed.

There's a feature that allows you to view all of a member's posts within the thread.

Read my posts in context.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

a reply to: logical7

I know quite a few Muslims. Many of whom are in danger because they support things like education for girls. They are not the majority. They are often ostracized and many times killed.

There's a feature that allows you to view all of a member's posts within the thread.

Read my posts in context.

The statement you made kind of summarizes your posts.

You say that only a minority of muslims support education for girls!!

Lets see, I think you also believe that majority of Muslim population of the world lives in Afghanistan and that too in Taliban controlled territory!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I don't get how belief of majority Muslims in One God, Afterlife, justice, compassion which are the basic teachings of Islam lead a small group of people to terrorism.

Terrorism is basically an outcome of the political situation in that place.

I do agree with you that the Islamic way of life is very different that your western way of life.
You think and function like an animal who accidentally got intelligence and will one day die and be done.
I on the other hand think that I will continue on and my final place depends on how I treat the other creations that my Creator places in my path.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

UK: Britain has 85 sharia courts

a lie.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Before we begin please note that back during the Bush era I was allied with the Democrat's in staunch opposition to the Republican's and their Neocon leadership with their imperialistic war agenda in the Middle East. Back then they had that buzzword "Islamofascists" they used to push their agenda. I personally found the word itself annoying, and their use of it diabolical. Outside of Afghanistan we had no business in attacking Iraq, threatening Iran, or having all of those bases over there to piss off the Islamic World (which WAS the motivation of the 9/11] hijackers).

Today we have this flip side reality where the new daily buzzword is "Islamophobia", which I have the same exact kind of feelings over as when the Neocon's had theirs in the daily discourse. To me, what the Islamicist's want to do over there in their world has never really been my business, but now that they're erupting across the planet, while showing marginal signs of any intentions on assimilating into the societies they're immigrating into. Now that I've seen both sides of this thing and all the data, I now have to take a clear a clearly "deplorable" position with this front.

As we shall see, the Neocon's actually had it right with their annoying Islamofascist term that is. While the Democrat's are just crazy in both blindly and rabidly defending their culture, while having an overarching agenda to import it into the Western World.

I feel exactly the same, I used to align more with democrat causes, but it seems rather than me changing, my values have remained the same and the democratic party has simply shifted to the extreme left, straight into wacky town. No one can do any wrong with this new extreme left party. Literally everything is ok, morality is relative......

I'm personally still a fiscal conservative, social liberal (well at least how it was defined 2decades ago), humanist, objectivist, atheist. I simply dont take sh!t from other people or cultures anymore. Threaten my existence, well F-U.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

So how many Americas does it take to veto God's laws?

edit on 24-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I guess we should do the same with Christians too. Oh, and Jews. Don't forget the Catholics.

You can view all religions as a terrorist group if you judge based on the extremists and their texts.

When is this logical fallacy going to stop being used?

When stupid people stop painting the whole religion for the actions of a few.

Except as explained several times, they are enabled by the majority as they hold the same beliefs.

Anyone that thinks those polls speaks for all Muslims is an idiot. A few thousand people speaks for one and a half billion yeah right.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: logical7

I don't get how belief of majority Muslims in One God, Afterlife, justice, compassion which are the basic teachings of Islam lead a small group of people to terrorism.

Terrorism is basically an outcome of the political situation in that place.

I do agree with you that the Islamic way of life is very different that your western way of life.
You think and function like an animal who accidentally got intelligence and will one day die and be done.
I on the other hand think that I will continue on and my final place depends on how I treat the other creations that my Creator places in my path.

I agree with this. Correlation is not causation. Yes therer'e similarities between islamist radical terrorists and islam, but one doesn't necessarily lead to another. The issue is because there's not a clear delineation between everything then we tend to bundle all of it together, the fearful parts and the acceptable parts. Because we can't discriminate the bad parts, all of it's suspicious. That's what's going on on so many levels not just with Islamophobia.

And the left enables this because they won't allow discrimination of the individual parts. Maybe because they're afraid of the truth.

The right inflames it. They embrace the bundling and the phobia. They fan the flames and urge on the left. They feed each other, like a loop. It's like in one of those old cartoons. The two foes will approach and when the fight starts they become a big ball of perpetual-motion blurry hands and feet.

See here, the evil Iraqi's. Saddam, who believed in secular interpreation of Islam, feared the radicals. He lost the fight. The first video is before Operationt Iraqi Freedom. The 2nd is before the 1st Gulf War.

Yes, Saddam was a bad guy and--for all it's worth--probably deserved to be removed from power. However, the Middle East being the s***-hole it's, maybe that's the best it can be? Our news was filled with so mcuh anti-Saddam propaganda, do we seriously think that's the only way to look at it? Bombs and guns are the only answer, if that's our news.
edit on 12/4/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Oil has made the nearly ALL of the "progress" for Islam over the last 100 years.

We must end the oil dominance of the ME to stop Islam.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
Because we can't discriminate the bad parts, all of it's suspicious. That's what's going on on so many levels not just with Islamophobia.

And the left enables this because they won't allow discrimination of the individual parts. Maybe because they're afraid of the truth.

The conclusion I came to, upon first encountering this new wave 'SJW Movement' phenomena this summer (which I now refer to as the "SJWFRONT"), is that their bizarro obsession with nurturing & protecting the 'dark side' of Islam (shistorically known as "Islamofacism" going back many decades) struck me as true sympathization with that kind of logic (opposed to mere multiculturalist face saving). It came to be my final 2 sections in my epic scale "Hypocrites Iron Fist" thread, which I added to this piece as those two "Appendix" sections. The view I came too in that exploratory piece this summer hasn't been given much fodder by which to come to a different conclusion, instead, the SJWFRONT has only double-down in light of "Queen SJW" Hillary's crash and burn scorched earth election campaign.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
From "Shari'a Fellowship Launched by Harvard University for the 2017-2018 Academic Year":

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
It just occurred to me to go on the Google and look up [bush theocracy], after thinking back to all that buzz machine noise the Democrat's used to SCREAM about Republican's being theocrat's.

Found this site:
www.theocracywatch.org...

I'm looking over the front page, no sign of Islam in the sidebar or anywhere else. Lots of talk about the religious right of course. It appears to cut off at 2008. Nooooo way!

[site:www.theocracywatch.org "republican"]
About 245 results (0.39 seconds)

[site:www.theocracywatch.org "bush"]
About 219 results (0.38 seconds)

[site:www.theocracywatch.org "christian"]
About 195 results (0.46 seconds)

Now searching for [site:www.theocracywatch.org "muslim"]:
About 15 results (0.22 seconds)

The pages only appear to cover when Christian's don't like Muslim's.

Okay this one looks like it has a few pages critical [site:www.theocracywatch.org "islam"]:
About 18 results (0.29 seconds)

And here it is [site:www.theocracywatch.org "sharia"]
Your search - site:www.theocracywatch.org "sharia" - did not match any documents.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Well, in America, it's the xtians that are trying to turn the country in to a theocracy, not the Muslims.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NotTooHappy

They had Bush in for 8 years, after Bush had four years after Reagan had 8 years? How'd that work out for the US becoming a theocracy?

Meanwhile, did Western Liberal Value societies emerge from xtian societies or was it xlim societies?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Eh..... not even worth the cheap laugh.
edit on 14-1-2017 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join