It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Islam Is The Antithesis Of Western Liberal Values (BY THE NUMBERS)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: projectvxn

Ban the practice of Sharia law and courts.
In the US the only law is US and state law.
Oh, unless you're on a reservation, I guess.

That isn't true of the EU and U.K., however.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Right. I just dont see why they should even want to come here unless they are sick of sharia law. Therefore why even let them. Culture shock on 'both sides' inevitable if they cant let it go. And then come along events such as the Orlando Nightclub Shooting.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If it covered 100% of the Muslim population I wouldn't be in this thread lol.

Before we go any further let me say this.

I, in no way, condone the violence caused by ANY person or group under the ruse of religion. But I don't think we can judge a whole lot of people based on, what could be (I put this as it's needed) a minority group within a group. I could also be completely wrong. The majority COULD be in favour.

My only beef, really, is with the numbers. In my opinion, it isn't accurate and can't be until a large scale poll is done (not likely, I know).

ETA: I thought I should add that this is purely my opinion and, as such, holds no weight when it comes to real issues.
edit on 1892016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I just dont see why they should even want to come here unless they are sick of sharia law.
Because their city has been blown up? Their profession no longer exists in the office in which they worked because that office no longer exists? Because their family is under threat of extinction? Because their government is dropping bombs and gas on them?

Seems a good reason to leave to me. How about you?
edit on 9/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Here's an account of how they're still sticking to Sharia law type behaviors in Detroit (where they are concetrated):

Bill Clinton: 10,000 Syrian refugees could be settled in Detroit.

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yeah...Im here in the largest Middle Eastern part of America: Eastborn-East Dearborn, MIchigan. Im working everyday all day with all different nationalities here. 10,000 wont fit. They will keep coming though...

Ive been told by Yemenis, Arabians, Egyptians, Iraqis, Lebanese, Palestinians, Iranians, Syrians...you name it. Everyone says move to America. Everything is free. Assistance, houses cheap cheap for a few grand in property back taxes, food assistance, $$$...and they drive super nice cars when they get here.

And a huge majority have no drivers licenses...but they buy nice Caddy's and Benz's, new Chyrslers, Mercedes...and go to the City Center once a month to get the "Is this where you pick up the free food at?" (In their Caddy CTS or Lexus)

There are homes here in bad and worse neighborhoods...but they know a couple thousand in taxes and its theirs...then they move over more family and buy more houses. They know the system....

But 10,000? There arent THAT many liveable due to needing to be brought up to code in the city to get an occupancy permit to rent or buy. And they prefer Hamtramak if they cant get Dearborn or Dearborn Heights.

I had 3 Muslim woman today in my vehicle...spoke not a word of english and I could only see their eyes. Their homes are $250 K+....Ill never live in one like that....

Im getting used to it in my Emergency job...and learning a few phrases in Arabic is helping too. All of them admittingly are very very nice...but I doubt Bill C. knows his numbers...far from it.

And I ought to know

a reply to: carewemust

Ive had to adapt to their ways to treat medical emergencies. In some cases, a male family member MUST be present or go out with the women no matter where they go.

They would rather bleed to death and wait for me to radio ahead for a female tech asap...than to let a man treat them.

Some women also wont roll their window down if stopped by police. They will call home 1st and wait for some male family member to get there.

But back on topic, there really arent 10,000 homes ready to move in...as in inspected state up to code for sale, rent or to buy.

a reply to: markosity1973

Well...Old historic Dearborn City Hall has moved west...and the Arab American Museum is across the street from the old City Hall....and signs now hang there from the poles saying "WELCOME TO EAST-BORN".

Not kidding....

Similar account from another member, in the thread:

originally posted by: wantsome
I've lived 2 blocks north of Detroit for the past 40 years. I didn't even know what a Muslim looked like up until 5 years ago. I now have a mosque at the end of my street and 2 more within a mile radius.

So far I've had a 5 year old Muslim kid yell infidel at me while driving down the street and he threw a rock at my car. I had another Muslim lady get very rude with me at the store and after the conversation she yelled allahu akbar as I walked away.

I'm disabled and had my food assistance cut to nothing because I make too much money on disability according to human services. I get $800 a month from Social Security. I'm one step away from being homeless but yet we can take care of 10000 Syrians?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I mean philosophically.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I mean practically. Which is the reality.

That is why "they" want to come here. Everything (everything) they had is gone. We are talking about doctors and lawyers and accountants. You realize that, right?

They don't want to leave. They have to leave.

edit on 9/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

If it covered 100% of the Muslim population I wouldn't be in this thread lol.

Do you REALLY want to include the global mean stats into here. I thought I was going easy on them mostly excluding all that.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

No, because it would mean more extrapolation. I know how polls work, I just think that, in some cases, they're heavily biased. This being one of them.

Again, just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

So we should all just shut up then?

What's your suggestion?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I was just voicing an opinion. Much like everyone else does. I don't want anyone to shut up. Be a boring place if they did.

And on that, I think I'll leave the thread as I've got nothing more to say.

Cheers for the chit chat

edit on 1892016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Can you entertain the idea that, in the future (unspecified amount of time), that we will have larger populations of Muslim and that they will be assimilated and that they will engage in the indulgences of the 21st century?

edit on 18-9-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

If they want to assimilate then by all means.

That's a big IF, where the ones who don't who WONT are a threat.
edit on 18-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I think that is entirely feasible.
Call me an optimist but I'm not sure what the options are, from a practical point of view.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

My point is that the Western leaders have enough power to forcibly assimilate them to more or less extent, and that the continuation of this strain of Extremism is no accident.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Until whoever ceases to use them as a convenient patsy for acts of violence-- Until the "perpetual warfare" ceases.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

ISIS claims to be Islamic. Westboro people claim to be Christian.

They ARE christians, just really crappy ones.

Their right to free speech is protected in the USA.

When was the last time they cut off a head?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

When was the last time a Muslim cut off a head in the US?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

What about the Lord’s Resistance Army, National Liberation Front of Tripura,Antibalaka and many others. Lets not pretend that people are only using the Islamic texts for an excuse to pillage,subdue and murder every religion has people using it for terror.
I'm not going to blame Christianity for the the ethnic cleansing in CAR in 2014 just as I will not blame Islam for ISIS and what they do.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

When was the last time a Muslim cut off a head in the US?

en.wikipedia.org...

edition.cnn.com...

shariaunveiled.wordpress.com...

2014 seems to be the last time.

But they are into the assault military guns and bombs now, it seems.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join