It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Breitbart High Fives Racist Trolls With Front Page Harambe Pic For Trump Birther Story

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Oh no problem, I didn't take it as criticism. FTR, I agree with 100% of what you've said in this thread.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

See you proved my point seek help. I see a very old saying namely he made a monkey out of the press. And you see an insult to black people again who is racist??

No.

It is almost completely irrelevant whether or not the editorial staff of Breitbart are actual racists. Nor is an image of a gorilla intrinsically racist. The use of that image in that context was deliberate race baiting. They wanted to offend the people they knew would be offended and they wanted to signal those they knew would approve.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Jesus H Christ! An entire wall of bla bla bla to say "gee I don't believe in racism & he he I like being called a monkey"

I don't give a goodgoddamn what you do or don't like to be called.

What I do care about is the fact that for some Americans who's ancestors were kept as slaves & considered to be less than human whilst being compared to "apes or monkeys" they find the comparison offensive.

Considering the history of the US & the taint of it's filthy history only those that wish to invoke the same imagery of abuse would use such a comparison.

See this is what I love about the anti-PC crowd, they want the right to act like a-holes & then get all pissy when people treat them like a-holes.

K~

edit on 17-9-2016 by aethertek because: too many of's

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

They wanted to offend the people they knew would be offended and they wanted to signal those they knew would approve.

With one further level.
They knew that it would allow those who were offended to be ridiculed for being "PC." As demonstrated herein.

edit on 9/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

No, I want to be able to talk to others like human beings and not like they're some kind of weird gremlin that has special rules to interact with them or something bad happens.

Here's an example: three pictures, each with kids on a jungle gym, in one pic all the kids have black skin, in one it's kids with mixed skin colors, and the third they all have white skin.

I want a world where if I were to put the caption "Just monkeying around" under all three pictures, it has the exact same reaction, and people ditch the stupid implication that because in one pic the kids were all black skinned the person making the caption must be a racist and in the second pic they get a "might" instead of a must and in the third pic it's just good fun. All three should be "Just good fun."

It's stupid.

Yeah bad things happened in the past because of the BS concept of race. Let's move past it already instead of holding onto it as tightly as we possibly can. Race is not a good thing, racism is not a good thing, there's no reason to hold onto it.

Everyone that holds onto race be it as a victim, or an aggressor, or a weird ass defender of an assumed victim, is responsible directly for keeping racism alive. The only racism worthy of being recognized is racism that results in actual violence or harm greater than hurt feelings. Everything else is just idiocy and should be ignored til it loses it's appeal.
edit on 9/17/2016 by Puppylove because: better clarity

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Why are some "people" incapable of understanding the fact that comparing Dimson(bush) to a chimp not racist but even hinting primate in regards to an African American is racist as hell! Maybe they pretend not to understand the difference merely to feed their need.

I think that if you believe that double standard oxymoron bullsnap, your just a scared racists yourself. Tell me what the difference is right here, right now. You too ant. I want it defined right now. Define why someone with lighter skin can be ridiculed as a lower life form and a dark skinned individual under the same ridicule it would be considered almost a crime. Literally define the distinction for me. Maybe I am just too stupid, but if that's the case a very clear and simple definition of the distinction can be given without the word racist as part of its definition. Just define it for me, but omit the use of the world racist.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

& bad things are still happening TODAY! So no we can't just sing lalalala & pretend that if we just wish hard enough racism will magically disappear.
Because there are far too many ignorant racists scurrying about this country keeping racist ideas & memes alive.

K~

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

And the only ones worth bitching about are the ones literally hurting people or preventing them from success.

I mean really PC is stupid. You want the racists to go into hiding and not let you know who they are, so you no longer know who to look out for? Is that really your goal?

Bad words and memes aren't your enemy. Your enemy are the people discriminating in the work place, or literally killing people and assaulting them. This is true whether the offender is black, white or red polkadotted.

Addendum: Racist memes and words only have the power you give them, racist actions, however, that's worth acting on. "Huh huh you look like a monkey." is laughable and should be ignored. Grow thicker skin. Telling someone "We don't want no blacky's workin here" and then ripping up their application. Now that's something to act on.
edit on 9/17/2016 by Puppylove because: Addendums are fun!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Try to comprehend my post two posts above yours & the answers you so disjointedly sought shall be yours.

K~

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

And the only ones worth bitching about are the ones literally hurting people or preventing them from success.

I mean really PC is stupid. You want the racists to go into hiding and not let you know who they are, so you no longer know who to look out for? Is that really your goal?

Bad words and memes aren't your enemy. Your enemy are the people discriminating in the work place, or literally killing people and assaulting them. This is true whether the offender is black, white or red polkadotted.

My god that is some of the stupidest nonsense I've ever had the displeasure of reading, you must be just trying to yank my chain.

K~

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Stealth racists are the most effective. They're the ones that'll pretend to be your friend and then stab you in the back.

At least when numbnuts sais "Damn dem blacks sure are ugly" you know they're not worth your time.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Stealth racists are the most effective. They're the ones that'll pretend to be your friend and then stab you in the back.

At least when numbnuts sais "Damn dem blacks sure are ugly" you know they're not worth your time.

There is such a thing as protesting too much. Also known as pouring it on too thick. Or overstating a case. In moments like that, the wisest thing is usually to quit while you're ahead. That would probably apply very well here. This is embarrassing...even for you. Just let it die. Trust me on this.
edit on 30292America/ChicagoSat, 17 Sep 2016 02:29:53 -050030am30260America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: damn you autocorrect...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Can the Trump supporters take note of this also.
Never seen such a disgraceful political race....politics is not a TV reality show nor should it be both sides are as guilty. You should be fighting against both because if you think either cares about you you are deluded and gullible.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Nuh uh. You don't get it and you're doing it wrong.
If you don't like Trump it means you like Clinton.

Cuz, well Trump is awesome and Clinton is evil.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lol good job I notice sarcasm. You are right many here have that attitude.
Did you watch southpark? they summed it up a huge douche or a turd sandwich.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom
Sometimes South Park is funny.
Often not.

Usually right.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I think this may be your worst thread yet.

Though it does provide some entertainment value, many threads seem to be rather joyless.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
D!*ks out for Harambe.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I think this may be your worst thread yet.

Though it does provide some entertainment value, many threads seem to be rather joyless.

Worst thread yet? Pffft. I don't know about that. Have you checked them all? I'm sure I've got worse.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Don't give up!

Excelsior!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join