It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Breitbart High Fives Racist Trolls With Front Page Harambe Pic For Trump Birther Story

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Ok so let me see if I get this he's insinuating that Trump made a money out of the press. And somehow this means that do to the press somehow this equates to Obama being a monkey.

It's not a "he" it's a "they" to begin with. Andrew Breitbart has been dead for a few years now. You do realize that Trump's campaign CEO, Stephen Bannon, was the executive chairman of Breitbart News right up until he temporarily stepped down to become the CEO of Trump's campaign, yes?

The editorial staff didn't go with a picture of Harambe to show that Trump "made a monkey" out of the press. That's all you. Harambe wasn't a monkey firstly. The folks at Breitbart are intimately aware of the associations. Did you happen to look at any of the links I included in the OP?

It's the same Harambe photo they used 10 days ago in this article: UMass Resident Advisors Call Harambe Memes ‘Direct Attack’ on African-Americans

Would you not agree that it's safe to say that they are therefore aware of the racial associations? Are we really going to debate that?

Knowing that Harambe memes have been used to insult both Obamas (and several other prominent black people) and knowing that there are people who take it as a 'Direct Attack' on black folks — as they themselves reported just 10 days ago using the same picture — do you honestly believe that they weren't fully aware of what they were doing?

So no, absolutely nothing to do with "making a monkey out of" anyone. You're the one making leaps in that regard my friend.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: theantediluvian

Right back at you.

Not sure if you know, but ATS is not reddit. Stop posting clickbait threads with zero value in it.

Yawn. Did you know that ATS is not RT or Zero Hedge? Stop posting pro-Putin threads with only propaganda value.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Nothing. Its something trying to call Trump racist or another.....because gorilla meme.

Hillary hasnt done anything worth mentioning lately besides not dying, and Trump is doing too well to mention anything about him directly.

Its like hair salon gossip when the person being talked about is really not a bitch, so they mention that the bitch doesnt recycle and thus must be cheating on her husband.

and she has gained weight, and her kid said a cuss word.

Along those lines but with wasted effort of "research" to feel like a sleuth for "truth"....lol

Fevered fervor of denial....Since Hillary really just is that much worse than Trump...but you cant take it back once you go down an extreme path.

So you keep pumping out anything about anything so long as its against Trump. What else would you do with your time? Of course.

Derp derp yawn derp.

edit on 9 16 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I've always hated the way words get associations that are negative when they can be used in a non negative way.

For example, this Harambe thing has me thinking of something from my life.

As a little one I climbed all over the place, got called a monkey all the time. Same thing for my family trait I share with my mom for picking up things with our feet and using them as hands. The whole monkey thing is in my family either a term of endearment or a way of joking with each other. So for me calling someone a monkey is at worst playful teasing. It's something I'm called and been called all my life. It's something I associate with certain actions and activities.

Now as a person with white skin, if I'm spending time with a person of black skin, and we're having fun and I let down my guard and relax and use the term monkey to describe them in the same way I've done my whole life with whoever while doing certain things, I can suddenly become an insensitive racist, because I let down my guard and forgot for a moment that monkey is used in a derogatory way to describe people with dark skin. So my act of not being racist and seeing a person no different than myself suddenly makes me racist, because I didn't take the time to consider every applicable meaning of a word in a racial light and just saw another human I joked with no differently than I did my own mom who I loved.

I know, totally random and off topic, but just something this made me think of I felt like sharing. I hate the way words and symbols become something bad just once, and forever more no matter what other uses it has it's bad period end of story.

Not saying Harambe isn't being used in a racially insensitive way. Just... I dunno... I think sometimes people can be too sensitive too, you know?

Addendum: I just thought of something, wasn't Bush compared to a monkey a lot?
edit on 9/16/2016 by Puppylove because: Addendums are fun!

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Right back at you.

Not sure if you know, but ATS is not reddit. Stop posting clickbait threads with zero value in it.

look, its the Serbian anti communist Trump fanboy with Che avatar running around telling people what they should and shouldn't do.

Who are you to tell others what they should post ? Buck off man.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Breitbart has been a fan of the Harambe meme, especially after places like UMass called it racist. They're doing it specifically to get accused of racism so the alt-right can scream about how it's not racism.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

This is ridiculous. And just sad.

The REACHING people will do to make Trump and his supporters out to be racists is getting old.

This OP is evidence of that.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Right back at you.

This. All day long.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
To add, the alt-right are just as much whining SJWs as actual SJWs. You're offended that your website can't post a picture of a gorilla without calls of racism, and the only reason it's being posted is because of SJW overreach claiming that any Harambe meme is racism. No, they're not, but many were. When Breitbart made a point of showing SJW overreach they made Harambe an icon for that, when they wouldn't have given a rats ass about the meme before it became politicized. The issue is that they're offended that a meme they would never have cared about got associated with racism, so they use it in racially charged ways. You're willfully ignorant if you think it's chance. Whether or not makes them racist in your mind is up to you, I have my opinion, but it seems inarguable to me that they're just as whiny as those they're whining against.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Anti...I gotta say...even for you this is over the top. Like how the Clinton campaign is reaching.

First, Trump was racist because of Muslims, which is a religion not a race.
then , Trump was racist because of the wall....
then, Trump was a racist because of his dads business dealings 40 years ago
then, Trump was a racist because he said Ted Cruz was not eligible for office...oh, Im sorry, did I mean Obama? I mean, if the left thinks the birther movement is racist how about mentioning Mr Cruz
then Trump was racist because racist people said they would vote for him
then Trump was racist because...uh...uhm....oh, thats right Pepe the frog...the leader of all racists in the us
then Trump was racist because...he visited a black church in Flint?
then Trump was racist because he said something about the first black president. He said a lot of things about a lot of people....

Now it is Harambe...I mean, is this a F$#%$#W% joke? On all of us? They are not even trying anymore.

This woman collapsed publically a week ago and her attack is internet memes and the birther movement?

edit on 09pm30pmf0000002016-09-16T23:01:05-05:001105 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Not saying Harambe isn't being used in a racially insensitive way. Just... I dunno... I think sometimes people can be too sensitive too, you know? Addendum: I just thought of something, wasn't Bush compared to a monkey a lot?

Yes, I agree that some — in fact many — people can be way too sensitive for a variety of reasons. If you notice, a lot of folks around here get really upset when I speak badly of Trump which makes no sense to me either.

Yes, I have seen Bush compared to a monkey (mostly because of his ears I believe?) as well.

That said, given their own reporting on Harambe, it's obvious that Breitbart knew that it would be insulting to some people and that other people would applaud them for insulting those people. So this wasn't a careless blunder, it was a very deliberate action intended to evoke specific reactions.

Those reactions include my own I'm sure but c'est la vie.

edit on 2016-9-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Another Great thread diluvian

Of course I see all the usual suspects whistling past the grave or are they whistling for their dogs.

Why are some "people" incapable of understanding the fact that comparing Dimson(bush) to a chimp not racist but even hinting primate in regards to an African American is racist as hell!

Maybe they pretend not to understand the difference merely to feed their need.

Pathetic either way.

Well once again history is passing them by & eventually they'll come to find the future has no place for them.
Evolution ain't just genetics.

K~

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

See you proved my point seek help. I see a very old saying namely he made a monkey out of the press. And you see an insult to black people again who is racist??

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Yep. It's race baiting for sure. People will fall on either side of the divide as to whether it's racism. In my mind, if you would have used the meme naturally without any racial context it's not racist but in this case trying to push buttons like this is just fomenting hatred from those who think it's not racist and a dog whistle to those that think it is. It's a win-win for them, they get to motivate the people who are sick to death as what they see the tyranny of SJW culture, and they get to motivate the actual racists, both of whom are part of the alt-right.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
Breitbart has been a fan of the Harambe meme, especially after places like UMass called it racist. They're doing it specifically to get accused of racism so the alt-right can scream about how it's not racism.

Oh it's definitely a trap and I considered not posting the thread for that exact reason but it was already being discussed in posts in other threads so I figured I might as well try to get ahead of the curve and provide some background.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I don't mean to come across like I'm criticizing you, I agree with you, I'm trying to write for those on the right, not those on the left, that's all

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Any of these titles ring any bells?

"FDA Approves "Female Viagara" With A Strong Warning"
"World's First Penis Transplant Patient To Be A Father!"
"Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina Dead at 22"

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I agree.

Trump, Harambe and Breitbart are (to quote Charlie Sheen) WINNING!

So did Hitler, ISIS and the devil win for a while until people came to their senses

I wonder will America come to its senses.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The politics of the memes this time around is just hilarious.

It brings so much entertainment value to an otherwise dull and drab process. The lack of preparation on the part of the left is what kills me. I thought the left was full of trendy know-it-all types that could easily combat the supreme trollery of the alt-right.

Turns out that is not the case. Instead, we witnessed a national triggering, that left the leftist leadership exposed while the support cries "racists!" from their safe spaces.

It's all just so effing hilarious.

Win or lose, this will go down in history as the most entertaining election ever.

Keep crying racism. It cheapens the word.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

I think we'll have made more progress towards eliminating racism when comparing any human to another primate has the exact same effect regardless of skin color. That's just me though.

The only way to end racism is to end the concept of race, we will never do that if we keep giving racist concepts strength.

Allowing oneself to be offended by a racist meme is as much a part of keeping racism alive as the bigot presenting that meme.

Words have the strength we give them. The day the word race has no power and is simply a term of antiquity is the day racism ends.

For that to happen the offenders need to lose their power, and the offended need to stop giving their offenders the strength to harm them.

We're at the point where the offenders tools are bad words and memes, I think we've neutered the racists quite heavily. Now can we just implement the killing blow and laugh off their impotence?

Seriously, we've all evolved from apelike ancestors, we're all related, we all have black skinned hairy hominids on our family trees. What possible reason is there to allow yourself to be offended by that? We're all human, #, "Takes one to know one" is a fine come back for this, or "No less than you."

I love being called a monkey, I jokingly call myself that all the time. I'm short, and so climbing is how I solve a lot of problems. I also love learning about primitive man, when I learned that I might be part neanderthal my reaction was, awesome. I take pride in my primitive ancestors whoever or whatever they may be.

The only reason to take offense is because you want to be offended. That's it. Choose not to be and all power is taken away. Especially with something as ridiculous as this. So what they're purposely implying you're subhuman cause you have black skin, and are saying you resemble a monkey with intent to harm you. That's makes them a #ing moron, if anything you should be laughing at them for demonstrating their ignorance. Personally gorillas are badass, people have been taking animal totems forever, want to call me a gorilla, alright, hope you don't mind when I tear your arms off then with my apparent gorilla like strength and beat you to death with them.

Racism continues, not because it's real, but because, no one will #ing let it go on either side.
edit on 9/16/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join