It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Breitbart High Fives Racist Trolls With Front Page Harambe Pic For Trump Birther Story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It's since been removed but earlier today, visitors to the Breitbart aka "Trump News" site were greeted with a large picture of Harambe, the 17 year-old gorilla put down by a zookeeper in late May of this year after a toddler crawled into his enclosure.

The picture was used to illustrate the site's top story about Trump's birtherism press conference bait and switch. (screenshot source)

Since his death, Harambe as a meme has been used by a numerous people in a variety of ways but of particular note are the instances where Harambe has appeared in racially denigrating memes and attacks.

Back in June, a high school teacher in Louisiana was fired after posting one such meme on Facebook:

Teacher Compares First Lady to Harambe:

SNL comedienne Leslie Jones has been the subject of harassment by alt-right trolls on Twitter using Harambe. Here's some alt-right cheerleading of the Twitter attacks from The Ralph Retort:

Ghostbusters Star Leslie Jones Has Epic Twitter Meltdown, Goes Full Harambe!

A little under three weeks ago, Leslie Jones website was hacked, she was doxed and of course Harambe memes and videos were uploaded to her hacked site:

Sickening hack attack on Leslie Jones: Hacker steals nude photos of SNL star and posts them on her website with racist memes and copies of her driving license

While the associations involved with the Harambe meme are many, sometimes contradictory and often not at all deliberately insulting to black people, the Breitbart staff knows the score. Their most recent article regarding Harambe?

UMass Resident Advisors Call Harambe Memes ‘Direct Attack’ on African-Americans
edit on 2016-9-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Trump is on fire. Pretty incredible. Really proud of him.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I agree.

Trump, Harambe and Breitbart are (to quote Charlie Sheen) WINNING!

+28 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon racism nonsense is getting comical.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
So now the Hillary/DNC Campaign can declare open season on animal voters too !!!!

+36 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Am I the only one who fails to see any point of this thread being posted on ATS?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I agree.

Trump, Harambe and Breitbart are (to quote Charlie Sheen) WINNING!

I am so glad to see I am not the only one that equates Charlie Sheen and Trump together. They really have a way with words.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I think all these "Trolls" might be Democrat undercover operatives.

The Clinton/DNC operation hasn't got anything left but to smear under the table in a feeble and obvious way.

Clever losers they will be soon enough.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Trump's birtherism press conference bait and switch.

Hate yo poop on your party and rain on your parade . But where and when did Trump state what the conference being about ? Again , it was the media that ASSumed the topic.They should have waited and found out...

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Poor Harambe...that was such a sad story. I remember seeing him at the Cincinnati zoo.

It looks like they put it (the gorilla photo---do we know it's Harambe?) up there because his expression looks like the press would feel after getting snookered.

Edit: This thread is a ridiculous reach. Hillary supporters are sounding scared and desperate...and with good reason!
edit on 16-9-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I think you secretly love Trump more than us supporters. You do more threads on Trump than the rest of this membership combined.

Not really sure why you bother, the community here clearly favors Donald with a majority. It always make me smile to see yet another Trump thread with your name attached. I know you got love for my hero. You don't have to pretend

Harambe will be in our hearts forever, God bless that innocent gorilla.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Hate yo poop on your party and rain on your parade

Funny that's what Breitbart, the official "news" site of the Trump campaign called it. See their headline. Guess that was just more media spin?
edit on 2016-9-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Am I the only one who fails to see any point of this thread being posted on ATS?

Am I the only one who has never seen you post anything worth reading?

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I think you secretly love Trump more than us supporters. You do more threads on Trump than the rest of this membership combined.

Couldn't be further from the case. That's demonstrably untrue.

Not really sure why you bother, the community here clearly favors Donald with a majority.

Doesn't bother me in the least. Would you stop speaking out against something or someone you thought was wrong simply because your opinions weren't popular?

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm shocked you didn't go for the "Harambe Heritage not Hate!" argument.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Ok so let me see if I get this he's insinuating that Trump made a money out of the press. And somehow this means that do to the press somehow this equates to Obama being a monkey. My only question is you may want to rethink who is actually racist in this situation. Because frankly to make this kind of leap makes me wonder how you feel about black people. But that aside I'm sorry the term making a monkey out of someone isn't racist unless of course your a monkey. So if used a picture of a donkey is that still racist other than to donkeys I suppose??
edit on 9/16/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Right back at you.

Not sure if you know, but ATS is not reddit. Stop posting clickbait threads with zero value in it.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Harambe was an animal, animals don't haver heritage, humans do.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Would you stop speaking out against something or someone you thought was wrong simply because your opinions weren't popular?

True, true. I can respect that. Keep on fighting the good fight I guess.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
WTF is this thread even about?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join