It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple of questions....White light and deja vu...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is my first post so bear with me here, thanks! Anyways, I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, Sometimes, when I lay down to go to sleep, I will see a real bright, white light through my eyelids for a split second. My room is in the basement of my house and the window is blocked so when the lights are off, it is pitch black. This happens every so often and it's usually after I've been laying there for a few minutes. I open my eyes but I don't notice anything unusual.

Also, usually when I lay down to sleep after a couple of minutes I will...."jump", kinda like a full body flinch. Sometimes, I will be thinking of just walking and I will step wrong or turn around to quick in my mind and it happens, or I will think I'm falling, or even sometimes (usually, when I try to sleep during school) I won't be thinking about anything in particular and I will flinch.

Lastly, I usually get the feeling of deja vu atleast 1-2 times a week. I started noticung the deja vu feeling about a year or so ago and at first it felt like I remembered doing something before as I'm doing it. The exact same way and everything. Now, it's more like, I'll be doing something or talking to someone and....It's hard to explain......my mind gets confused and I start getting a feeling of deja vu and at the same time I will think that I have never did it before or anything. It's like I forget what I'm doing but my minds remembers it and I get the feeling. Eh, kinda confusing, but hard to explain.

I read somewhere that most people that have an interest in like pyshic phenomenon and stuff usually have it themselves and that's why they are drawn to it. I hope that's the case with me. And I don't know if this has any thing to do with anything but I often think, day-dream, of being great, like loved by everyone and famous when I'm older. It's wierd because it's not like that's want I want to do when I get older, I wanna own a big company of some sort, but I keep thinking that even when I try not too. It can be anything right now, because I'm real popular and friends with everyone.

Any comments etc. would be greatly appreciated and sorry for rambling, I was just curious about this stuff.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hi Morphene, Welcome to this forum.

I myself have had the same experiences to which you describe. I'm sure its nothing to worry about. I'm no expert but its probably considered the norm. Everyone has probably experienced what your going through some time in there lifes. Here's some links which will hopefully put your mind at ease and answer any questions that you might have about what your experiencing.

Again I think all of us at sometime in our lifes, especially when we are young and naive to this word have thoughts running through our heads constantly about what direction we should take in life.

Remember the only limitations and boundaries you have in life are the ones you impose upon yourself or are imposed upon you by others. You sound like a positive, curious and open minded individual and the only advice I can give is just continue to think positive and above all else believe in yourself and you'll nodoubt go far. Heres wishing you a happy and prosperous life.

If you have an interest in the paranormal, specifically psychic phenomenon I would recommend maybe reading about remote viewing. Its a good place to start. If you are also interested in spirituality I would recommend the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying and also Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce if you want hands on experience.

www.nightterrors.org...
www.freep.com...
www.astraldynamics.com...

Take Care
Kindred

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
I myself have had the same experiences to which you describe. I'm sure its nothing to worry about. I'm no expert but its probably considered the norm. Everyone has probably experienced what your going through some time in there lifes. Here's some links which will hopefully put your mind at ease and answer any questions that you might have about what your experiencing.

Ditto. Don't worry sweetie, it happens to me, too. Can't remember a time when it didn't. You'll get used to it.

And nothing wrong with being curious! If you don't understand something it never hurts to ask, and chances are you'll find someone who knows exactly what you're talking about.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by toechopper]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments and I have read a book on remote viewing. I was bored one day with my sister-in-law on her two kids and we were at the library. I saw a book called..."the Seventh Sense" I think. It was about a man who worked for the CIA or something and did CRV on what they wanted. After reading that, it ultimately led me to this website! I always do everything with an open mind. Thanks for the links, kindred!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Hi,
Take a look at this one
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
about the Deja Vu stuff.

When you "remamber" that you will be doing something in the future, you can also look at an outcome of your action and chouse the best way.

It is when you walk down the streen and suddenly, for a split second, fall into a very interesting, sleepy, state of mind - you know that it has already happened. You "remamber" that once you go around the corner, you would see that and that. You go around the corner and see it.

If we look at it with a more open mind... let's try remambering what this Deja Vu feels, or better how time feels during Deja Vu.

While in the state of Deja Vu, time feels like there are no "past", "now" or "future", but only one long... time.

If we try remambering ourselves at the age of 2 or 3, I believe we felt time different then we do now. It felt more like it does in the state of Deja Vu, rather then normal "past", "now" and "future", didn't it?

Now the most interesting part-
Some people believe that there is such thing as "intuitive thinking", it is when you "remamber" what will happen within an hour, as good as what has happened an hour ago.

That everybody is born with that kind of thinking, only when not used, it perishes at the age of 3 - 4. The part of brain responsible for it falls asleep.

Yet from time to time it awakens and asks if anybody needs it - this is what we call Deja Vu.

"These are pieces of your Divine possibilities. This is your fading memory of paradise, from which you dropped into this life. It is when you, in a life-long agony, for split seconds come to the senses and see the world in reality.

Understood the hint? Had just hinted you where is and how to get your pity billion, if you consider, that all happiness lies in money.

Now, not by accident, has spilled the beans about the main thing - about where to find answers to all your " why? ", " what to do when...? ", " how to be at... ", " how to act at... ". Continue yourself. "

Good Luck!

[edit on 24-1-2005 by bratok]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Recently a physicists discovered Quantum theory and this theory although seemingly impossible to beilieve is currently the most accurate theory in its field.

Although extremely hard to get your head around Quantum theory states that light particles (photons) try every possible route when leaving a source of light.

Lets say that Time traveled in quantum, it would explain how sometimes we believe that we have experienced something before we actually have or in other words it would explain the phenomena of deja vu

However deja vu could simply be our minds confusing the present with the past.

Welcome to the Forum!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeyC
Recently a physicists discovered Quantum theory and this theory although seemingly impossible to beilieve is currently the most accurate theory in its field.

Although extremely hard to get your head around Quantum theory states that light particles (photons) try every possible route when leaving a source of light.

Lets say that Time traveled in quantum, it would explain how sometimes we believe that we have experienced something before we actually have or in other words it would explain the phenomena of deja vu

The way I therorize it is that I've heard some people say time is curved. Maybe deja vu is you traveling along in your time but since time is curved if you stop looking just straight ahead and start looking around off to the sides, so to speak, you can see farther ahead than you were supposed to. I know this doesn't make any sense...I'm having trouble describing what I mean...I hate it when I have brainfarts like this

top topics

join