It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight's Full MOON ! Here's a Harvest of Myths and Facts.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

But it would happen and then someone would say there s a full moon tonight (even when the skies were cloudy).

A calendar will tell you that. It is not a random occurrence.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

—they have found that full moons are entirely unrelated to a host of events, including crimes, suicides, psychiatric problems and crisis center calls.

Obviously these guys don't watch TV.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

of course but the continuance of it happening around the world month by month on the cycle of the moon even throughout history, is either by design, an elaborate fabricated or a genuine event.

But never the less it has been observed from history to the present, that during the full moon more people are active possibly because of the moons influence on their bodies, when you get more people outside at night there tends to be more problems, more accident, more fights and more drunkenness.

I am not saying the moon is responsible but merely that during full moons there are more auto accidents, more fights and death, but it may be because more of the populace are out because they can't sleep because of the full moon's effect on the bodies just as the moon affects the tidal phases.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I am not saying the moon is responsible but merely that during full moons there are more auto accidents,

That is addressed in the study. It doesn't hold up. It turns out that the 1982 study which made that claim used a period of time in which the majority of full Moons occurred on weekends. Interesting fact that the authors of the study failed to consider.

edit on 9/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Last nite was Moon Festival here.

A public holiday.

Time for family gatherings and moon cakes!

It's big and shiny right now, coming up over the mountains and in my studio window.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Phage, you are ignoring the obvious more people out more accidents and fights. It is not the moon as it is the higher numbers of people on the streets during those times.

But the one man I lived next too for over 15 years, he was a true lunatic, I swear whether medicated or not he would flip out during full moons. One time he hung by his feet literally tied his feet to an over head beam and hung there reading books and the a bible while babbling incoherently. they took this guy away just about every full moon for over 15 years and doped him up in a holding cell for a few days then let him go after the full moon passed.

I read what you posted and linked too and I was not fully convinced they did a good and unbiased study.
edit on 17-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Yh that's usually how we suffer when something is happening in the nights sky. We (UK) get's weeks of clear skies, see a ton of stars and then the day something cool or once in a life time is happening we get a blanket of grey clouds and have to watch online. (Although the recent red moon thing we did get and I managed to watch).

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Ah thanks, I guess it was that then lol thankfully it's the modern age because if I was a caveman or some early human I'd have been screaming about the end of the world lol Cheers.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Are just going to ignore that the premise of the thread is that the moon was created by volcanos?

I think it's a little late now, but you could always take up the side of the volcanoes and argue with those that think it's a collision.

I didn't want to lead point on the debate. I think that's why I distracted myself with music.

There are just so many songs about the moon. I think it shows that we are fascinated by it.
I wonder if there are more songs about the moon, or the sun. Hm mm

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

I think it's a little late now, but you could always take up the side of the volcanoes and argue with those that think it's a collision.

No, I expected the person saying that it was caused by volcanoes to actually back it up with something besides just a "here is the truth" statement.
But you already said that you won't defend it.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I've already defended my ideas many times. I. even had the math, experimental scenarios, tried to explain ideas to my scientist professor neighbour, posted videos on You Tube, and I have written here on ATS dozens of times and provided arguments, examples, etc.

To go on is to repeat the same failed experiment which has proved nothing. New ideas are almost always rejected outright.

How does that go...

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
Read more at: www.brainyquote.com...

Well, I know the first part to be true.
And yes, my ideas are opposed, every time...

Let's forget about me... Because, if I insist I am right, etc, and go on to compare myself with other big names who have struggled to communicate a truth, I am told I am a no it all, arrogant, and worse.

Let's rather, focus on a geologist who made his own arguments, and even had a degree in geology. I don't any degree. For forty years, he fought the good fight, and everyone thought he was wrong. Every one except a fellow geologist who had collected supporting evidence. He kept quiet, because he didn't want to face the same scorn as J Harlen Bretz

en.wikipedia.org...

Mr Bretz when asked about how it felt to be proven right after forty years of debate, said it sucked, because all the arrogant idiots who were too afraid to be different, and all those that could not see the truth because it was too big for their brains, were dead, and he had no one to gloat over. Of course, I'm paraphrasing.

I don't have his time, nor credentials. So, my fight, is even more daunting...

had to edit,

Sorry, I missed my own point.
The real reason for writing this is that it is therapy. Venting out my frustration (like a giant volcano under pressure) is cathartic. If I actually thought I'd convince anybody, or, would actually start a debate that outlasts me, I'd be depressed with the failure. No matter what happens here, be I teased, ignored, or whatever, it matters not.

I did this for me. And, if anyone wants to learn, explore and seek the truth, no matter where it leads, good you for you. You've will have already taken the first step by just imagining such a thing MAY be true.

No one will know, if no one else takes the path...

edit on 17-9-2016 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2016 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join