It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: New evidence that men and women have diffent kinds of intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
In a world where it is increasingly popular to be metrosexual, not having either masculine nor overtly feminine qualities it is nice to see science continuing to support the fact that men and women are fundamentally different from each other. This recent study indicates that the actual make up of the brain is fundamentally different in the sexes with one sex having a markedly different percentage of gray verses white matter.

www.foxnews.com
Intelligence may be more of a gray matter for men and a white matter for women, according to a new study.

Researchers found major differences in the amount of gray and white matter in the brains of men and women of the same intelligence, suggesting that men and women may derive their intelligence in different ways.

Researchers say white and gray matter are both necessary for general intelligence, but they perform different functions. Gray matter (search) represents information processing centers in the brain, and white matter (search) represents the network or connections between those processing centers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While I believe that a great civil injustice was inflicted upon women in the past by equating them with property, I also believe that a great injustice is being done to both sexes today with the masculinizing of women's roles and the feminizing of the masculine role. Women and men are fundamentally different and as we move toward one expectation of behavior for both we are creating a generation of adults who do not know what their role is nor why they don't seem to fit the mold society is foisting upon them.

I do not think that all men should be John Wayne types nor that all women should be June Cleaver types but in this society were equality has overrun reality we do need to explore what masculinity and femininity really means. I think society would greatly benefit from a rethinking of these gender roles and an attempt to fit them into the inherent strengths and weaknesses of each sex respectively.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Women and men need to be viewed as equal in every respect. To do otherwise is a breach of their rights. To say that they are fundamentally different because of some tissue samples is foolish. The diffences between them are purely social. when it is suggested otherwise by faux science it only serves to try to put we women back under the thumb of men. I hope that the National Organization of Women has seen this story and lobbies to balance it with real information.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolferacerfan
The diffences between them are purely social.

Ever seen them naked?

Men and women are COMPLETELY different mentally, physically, psychologically, etc.

that is not saying one is "better" than the other, they are just different.

I kinda like the differences myself

new topics

join