It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Children Aren't All On Milk Cartons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Saying that doesn't fix the problem, you know.

The fact is people are not willing to put in the effort to look all this up. Use any reason you want. They're lazy. They don't want to be faced with the truth. Whatever.

But no amount of calling it an excuse will change that people aren't going to look this all up on their own. Which is why people that do care, if they really do, need to put that info where people are going to see it whether they want to or not.

It's how these scumbags get people to buy their product. If you want people to not buy it we need to counter them with the same strategies they use.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

It's how these scumbags get people to buy their product. If you want people to not buy it we need to counter them with the same strategies they use.

What you say is true, and was proven by a social experiment done about a year ago. I just don't know if it changed the way people purchased items, after the experiment was over.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

That video actually choked me up. That's exactly the kind of thing we need more of. Think about it, those donations could be used to help create more things like it, spread the word. Let people know.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21259297]NightSkyeB4Dawn[/po
Fascinating and sad-always been aware of child labor. But we need more education-we are not a global economy yet. The video would be a great educational tool everywhere-billboard, magazines-tv commercials. But it takes money and caring. Do Americans really care as long as they can have cheap fashion-at the expense of child labor?

People should care but not enough if it means a change in their lifestyle. We just arn't that evolved, knowledgeable or self-sacrificing. That's just the truth.

It took many. many years and the loss of over 30 million human souls to free the African slave in the US alone. What and who is willing to take on this cause and pay this kind of price?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Yeah, that's what I thought.

So, what, because we're not marching around waving signs or something, we're not doing anything? If that's what you're attempting to imply...

You'd be sadly mistaken then. Many people are doing something. It's not earth-shatteringly obvious, but they're out there doing what they can. Are you?

Many do what they can, where they can. That's all that can ever be expected.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

The civil war wasn't actually required to end slavery. It just would have taken longer. It was already losing ground when the civil war happened. That the civil war was required to end slavery is a myth and was propaganda used at the time to propagate the idea that the South were less than human to help propel and defend the war. I'm not saying the civil war wasn't good for having sped up the process though. Without it, it would have taken much longer and required many more people to go through life as slaves before the end came.

That being said, the transition may have been more fluid and natural, less forced, sudden and tainted with war. It may have had fewer long term effects, but there's no real way of knowing. All in all there are other ways to fight this other than literally grabbing a gun and going to war. Economic ways, many which have been mentioned already. The same tools they use to succeed and advertise their products we too have at our disposal to act against them.

They succeed because they are putting in the effort and we're not. Not because we're unwilling to take up arms. That said a full on global revolution would be a quick fix to a lot of problems potentially depending on what we build in the aftermath.
edit on 9/18/2016 by Puppylove because: better clarity

edit on 9/18/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yah, okay worst case scenarios we all agree on. My comment was directed at the home where kids are taken because mom or dad made a mistake. Committing minor crimes is cause to steal the kids nowadays, thats 'horrific' for the children to be taken from their home suddenly when otherwise their lives were norm as can be.

They feel they're guilty of some crime to be ripped from their home like that and placed somewhere totally foreign out of the blue. Kids don't understand. Like divorce , life is disrupted, trust vanishes, this leaves a lasting trauma on fragile young minds.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Kudos for intervening there all the way to court room antics. My problem isn't wth the noble successes, its with the separate 'justice' system in CPA. Like I said they have their own courts and cops, the system is open to corruption, which I've also heard plenty about. Remember I was "homeless" off and on during my life, I saw the 'other side' of things. A perspective most people don't normally receive.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Agreed. I don't like 'em either, and my exposure to them (CPA) has, thankfully, been very limited. I know people who've had major run ins with CPA due to vindictive ex's, and it's taken years to settle non existent issues.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I had friend who became homeless during his wifes pregnancy. She stayed with family interim and he moved in with me. When she went to the hospital to give birth they literally tried to take the baby from her arms, pressing her to sign a release, taking advantage when she was weakened from delivery. When her husband found out he went there, grabbed up her and the kid and literally had to shove a CPA "officer" to get out the door. In the parking lot the real police happened to be there and told CPA wannabes to back off. They had surrounded him in the parking lot, luckily the real cops stood with my friend saying he had every right to leave un molested.

Further, when the dust settled, I asked him why they were after his kid, a new born white baby is worth a lot on the 'legal' adoption market. He wasn't guilty of any crime, was temporarily homeless between jobs. They were taking advantage of the situation pressing on his wife while still weak in the hospital. He wasn't consulted. They went so far as to put the child in intensive care, saying it was disabled. My friend had to waltz in there and disconnect his son from the machines and literally escape. When he got to the next hospital they said there was nothing wrong with the child.
edit on 18-9-2016 by intrptr because: Further:

edit on 18-9-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

That's effing scary...

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Good for your friend for not hurting someone.

Can't even imagine. Hows the baby doing, I'm assuming this wasn't recently? If I'm being snoopy, just tell me, and I'll take my little self off.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Not snoopy, this was back in the mid nineties, I've lost track of him.

We knew each other since grade school, one of the friends that was with me the night we all saw a 'thingy'.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Justso,

Please understand, it was not my intention to cause offence to you by saying what I said. I just wanted to respond to your post, because it seemed from what you said, as if you doubted that there was a statistically significant problem with human trafficking.

One of the dangers of a crap saturated media, is that for all the noise they output, it can be hard as hell to take seriously, the importance of the signal. This is why I tend to absorb mass media output, regardless of the fact that the stuff is crammed to the eyeballs with nonsense. What I do, rather than shying away from it, is to watch it, but use my discernment in order to see where the narrative has become more important than the content.

On the subject of human trafficking, my spidey sense, if you will, is rarely triggered by media reportage. There is no angle with a story like this, no endgame for the media organisations covering the stories. It is simply the case that it is a widespread problem, which people are desperately unaware of, precisely because of the victimology involved.

I am really sorry that what I said made you feel anything other than respected, and I will endeavour to make sure that never happens as a result of my posting again.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
A recent post her at ATS reinforces just how true and crazy this stuff is.

Woman whispers for help in a chilling 911 call
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join