It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Missing Children Aren't All On Milk Cartons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You have heard of ISIS and Boko Haram sex slaves. It causes outrage from the average person, but what many of us don't know, is that there are more Americans being trafficked then any that we have heard about with ISIS or Boko Haram.

I had the opportunity to speak with a young person yesterday that was a victim of Human Trafficking. I thought I knew all there was to know about Human Trafficking. I was wrong. I thought this was something that was hidden and only occurred in the dark. I was wrong.

Human trafficking is the fastest growing illegal business in the world and it is occurring in every city in America. The children that are on milk cartons are known to be missing and in trouble. What about that person that is standing next to you on the street corner. What about the person that picked the oranges for the juice you had for breakfast.

I admit that if it were not for my job I would be just a blind as most folk. The fact that this problem has escalated to the degree that it has is partially due to the Internet. Not only are people not always who they say they are, and not everyone is what they are being told they are.

What can you do? I can't answer that. This video may be able to help you answer that question for yourself.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's something I've followed for a while.

Sadly, its increasing.

I never let my grandson out of my site. And am very diligent about online connections.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Too many children go missing through the system, it kinda makes you think they are playing out the part of the modern day slave traders.

Society needs to wake up to what the profiteers are doing to our children, especially the ones we have taken upon ourseleves to remove from families because of the existence they were experiencing.

It literally is a crying shame.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
It's something I've followed for a while.

Sadly, its increasing.

I never let my grandson out of my site. And am very diligent about online connections.

That is because most parents are Oblivious.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ninety-nine point nine nine nine percent of all "missing children" are missing because one parent or the other takes them during a custody battle. The rest -- abducted or kidnapped by strangers -- are so few that they generally garner national news coverage.

Anyway, this will all be solved when President Trump signs that Child Security Act of 2018, when all children will require the implantation of a radio tracking device in their bones. We'll see how that works out.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is why progressive liberals fail..... They think everyone can live in harmony.... The Sex drive will forever be humans demise.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Society needs to wake up to what the profiteers are doing to our children, especially the ones we have taken upon ourselves to remove from families because of the existence they were experiencing.

The Child Protection Agency and Foster Care industries, the legal kidnappers of children?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Is it really any wonder that this crap happens on a daily basis?

Look at the law, and the courts, and the justice system. Look at the contents of the prisons. The prisons are rammed full of potheads and other recreational drug users, non violent offenders from working class backgrounds, with no power to defend themselves from an uncaring establishment, more interesting in stuffing the pockets of the powerful by jailing multitudes in private prisons, than in promoting actual justice.

Meanwhile, sexual offenders, woman beaters, generally violent scumbags from every walk of life, get out of jail, or never wind up there. You have sports stars committing massive acts of barbarity, and getting no jail time for it. You have big businesses committing fraud against the people, and getting no jail time for it. The only people who have the money to secure quality representation, are those who have such vast resources howsoever gained, that they occupy a tiny minority of the population. Everyone else is in a situation such that even a totally non violent offender, whose criminality has harmed not a single hair on a single human head, cannot avoid jail nine times out of ten.

If the system was prepared to deal with violent offenders in such a way as to keep them behind bars, and prepared to deal with non violent offences in a sensible and helpful manner, then half of this crap would not happen. Why? Because one does not simply wake up one day, having been the soul of warmth and love, and suddenly become a human trafficker. One spends entire decades steeped in hatred, violence, rage, or psychopathic detachment from sensitivity, taking advantage of and preying on the weak, becoming devious and manipulative, using people like tissue paper and discarding them as readily.

The reality is, that if the justice system was strong enough against the real threats in society, less willing to pick the low hanging, defenceless fruit of potheads and debtors, petty thieves whose only crimes were committed grudgingly and to achieve a noble aim, like feeding a family, or standing up for someone's rights , when no one else would, then the people responsible for this state of affairs would be in jail, not free to organise the defoulment and defilement of the innocent, the uprooting of the young from their homes and loved ones, the levering of the weak from their comforts, and place them in harms way.

Yes, there has to be a cultural change, but it has to start where the power is to be effective. The judges need to bang fewer hookers, the police need to arrest fewer potheads, and concentrate ALL their efforts on the kind of criminal activity that people are concerned about, not the sort that no one thinks should even be a crime in this day and age.

That is the change that needs to happen, and it is not cultural, but infrastructural. There needs to be no money in justice, for it to remain just.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I am being honest here-I was not aware of human trafficking especially here in the U.S. (of course Boko Haram etc.) Unfortunately, the lady who so fervently made the video was so annoying and had such an overly rehearsed and canned speech-that I just turned her off. If this is true-and I have no reason to believe it isn't-what a shock.
Fortunately, in my little world, I've never heard of anyone being abducted unless it is an Amber alert-which is just about always a parental situation.
The speaker in the video was like a bad actor in acting class. She tried to make me aware of a situation I'm not sure exists-it doesn't in my world of families and caring parents.
So, I think that is big problem for me; it's a personal disconnect.
The video barely felt real and the message too shocking.
I know I can't trust everything on the internet-and she just felt like another internet tumpet without reality (to me).
If this is really going on-shouldn't our police etc government officials be backing her up-with some kind of coherent realistic plan? The pieces don't fit. She didn't work for me-I do need more. Just being honest here-my reality.
edit on 16-9-2016 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The Child Protection Agency and Foster Care industries, the legal kidnappers of children?

I know for a fact, there are serious problems with programs, especially those run by the State, or by the federal government, that are supposed to be designed for the protection and care of children.

Unfortunately, the numbers are so large that it is nearly impossible to meet the needs of enough of these children to make the programs truly effective. I believe there are too many people in the business for the money then they are for the welfare of the children

Our governments are corrupt. Unfortunately, their corruption doesn't stop were the children are concerned.

We can't rely on the government to fix any of our problems. If we want things to change, we have to change them.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Justso,

Whether she was annoying or over rehearsed is hardly relevant, is it? If you had read that data rather than been spoken at, would you feel the same? Do you understand that the entire idea of human trafficking, is that in order for it to work, it is done in secret, without knowledge, that these traffickers know how to pick unprotected kids, some of them homeless, some of them lost, off the street and disappear them? Do you know that there are parents out there who are as dangerous to their health as anyone else? Do you know that some parents have been known to sell their children for drug money? Some of the less evil, but still addicted parents out there could lose a child and not notice for a month, meanwhile, the kids are supposed to have been looking after themselves, feeding themselves, getting food and supplies from somewhere, despite having little or no money to get those supplies with.

It is children like these who are at the most risk from the walking filth who trade in human flesh. Denial is not realistic, given the nature of the crime.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso
She is a bit passionate, isn't she.

Here is a more toned down version.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

And many in non-US countries answer ads for jobs. They think they're going through legitimate employment companies. They just disappear.

Probably happens in the US too.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

exactly one little girl went missing from the UK and we haven't heard the end of it, when ethnic children go missing nobody gives a fcuk, the world is a joke and when i get to the end of it im gona kick up a fcukn storm at the # that goes on in this disgusting planet, fcuk the 1% i will see yous on the other side.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Some of the less evil, but still addicted parents out there could lose a child and not notice for a month, meanwhile, the kids are supposed to have been looking after themselves, feeding themselves, getting food and supplies from somewhere, despite having little or no money to get those supplies with. It is children like these who are at the most risk from the walking filth who trade in human flesh. Denial is not realistic, given the nature of the crime.

Unfortunately the "Oblivious" parent is the one that will scream the loudest, and place the blame on anyone and everyone they can, except themselves. They will tell you how good a parent they were. How well they raised their child, and accuse the people that are trying the hardest, of not caring.

You want so badly to ask them when did they start caring. They don't see the connection between the devices they put in their child's hands. The alluring clothes they buy them. The encouragement or acceptance of the "Don't you think I am pretty, Don't you want me, behavior".

Most don't know who their children's real friends are, who they talk to, what they say, or even where they really go.

Recently, I was called in for a 13 year old that the parents thought was an angel. They trusted her, so they didn't feel the need to supervise her too closely. She thought she was the envy of the other girls at school, because she was so pretty and desirable. She thought they hated her because she had a boyfriend almost twice her age, that gave her everything she wanted. Until he started demanding things she didn't want and it was too late. Parents knew about the boyfriend but though he was just a kid in her school. He wasn't.

There are parents out there like the ones you mentioned and some that are much worse. There was a story recently about a mother in the US that told police she liked to watch her daughter being sexually assaulted by men. The child was raped, killed, and dismembered on her 10th birthday. We should not waste time, space, or money on this women, but believe it or not she is not the only unbelievable, despicable, parent out there. I won't even provide any details on the case that can only be described as "The Hills Have Eyes, case.

We can't stop this stop this horror from continuing by checking out, disconnecting, or waiting for it to slap us in our face. This is our reality, whether we chose to see it or not.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

And many in non-US countries answer ads for jobs. They think they're going through legitimate employment companies. They just disappear.

Probably happens in the US too.

Happens everyday. Very common with children and women from China and Africa.

edit on 16-9-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Wrong video

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Ninety-nine point nine nine nine percent of all "missing children" are missing because one parent or the other takes them during a custody battle.
99%? Not even close. Sure there are children that are taken by a parent because of a custody battle, but very few of them fall into the numbers of children that disappear or are disappeared.

The rest -- abducted or kidnapped by strangers -- are so few that they generally garner national news coverage.
Even one child disappeared is too many but the number of these children that go missing are are far larger than you think. You are right however, that as far as missing people go, here in America, the number of missing children is the smallest. With the majority of the children being juveniles.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I know for a fact, there are serious problems with programs, especially those run by the State, or by the federal government, that are supposed to be designed for the protection and care of children.

Getting kids away form their parents is easy. Commit a crime, lose your job, become homeless. Foster care is a deadend for some, adoption fees are enormous. You ask me, selling children on a legal auction block.

I have some nightmare stories from friends over the years.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Look at the law, and the courts, and the justice system. Look at the contents of the prisons. The prisons are rammed full of potheads and other recreational drug users, non violent offenders from working class backgrounds, with no power to defend themselves from an uncaring establishment, more interesting in stuffing the pockets of the powerful by jailing multitudes in private prisons, than in promoting actual justice.

Meanwhile, sexual offenders, woman beaters, generally violent scumbags from every walk of life, get out of jail, or never wind up there.

You may have hit the nail on the head. Much cheaper to house 'regular' criminals than sex offenders. Regular criminals can be housed together, sex offenders have to be sequestered to prevent them getting attacked. In a privatized prison for profit world, Justice is turned upside down.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Many fringers clam they are Milab victims, and of course the human sacrifice rumors... we would never hear a thing again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join