It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alarming new tension between Iran and US in Persian Gulf

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: Bluntone22

If the US treated them like a real country and not a punching bag they wouldn't have to take hostages in order to get what is their own money back off them.

They did take hostages during the Carter administration, that when we grabbed their assets. If the US president could find his balls and give the order to shoulder off those gunboats, I think things would quieten down. Perhaps he loaned them to Hillary, to keep in the same box as Bill's.
edit on 16-9-2016 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steak
a reply to: Ohanka

Not odd at all actually when American Warships are protecting them.

I doubt that is of concern to terrorists like the Islamic State. They don't care what your destroyer does.

Being a "Friend of America" certainly hasn't stopped the Islamic State (and affiliates) running rampage throughout Europe.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I doubt that is of concern to terrorists like the Islamic State. They don't care what your destroyer does.

Being a "Friend of America" certainly hasn't stopped the Islamic State (and affiliates) running rampage throughout Europe.

Not in a small terrorist attack sense - but absolutely in an invasion sense (the larger concern). The US has killed 45,000 plus Isis soldiers in the last two years, I expect that is of great concern to the Islamic State.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Not in a small terrorist attack sense - but absolutely in an invasion sense (the larger concern). The US has killed 45,000 plus Isis soldiers in the last two years, I expect that is of great concern to the Islamic State.

Source for this ridiculous claim?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It's set at 26,000 killed re: www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

It's set at 26,000 killed re: www.cnn.com...

That was half a year ago.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Steak

If you have a link showing the 45,000 killed to date, I'd like to see it.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
Obama is their new bitch. They feel they can do what they want now....

Indeed. IRAN is a bit late, but they're trying to provoke us into a conflict before Obama rides off into the sunset on his golf cart.

Iran KNOWS that President Trump will strengthen our military and our resolve not to be bullied. Hell, if I were him, I'd pull our military men/women out of that area, and just let the spy community keep an eye on things.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I bet someone wants my friends' aunt's cookie recipe because some a hole can't get his own baker to bake for him...

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10
What are your thoughts and intake ? who is unprofessional ? someone who performs Combat Air Patrols near another country's borders, calls International waters by a wrong name to provoke them, or someone who tries to protect herself ?

All Irans leaders have to do is stop threatening Israel. I mean, it is so flippin simple Haman, stop threatening Israel and the worlds aggressive powers will leave Iran alone. Threaten Israel and expect things like you are reporting on now, your nation will be picked on harassed and forced to make a reaction. When it does react it will be destroyed like so many enemies of Israel have been over the past decades. Never forget there are very powerful influences over the USA and UK etc foreign policy/military, that can be used to destroy anything that threatens Israel.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

thehill.com...

Here you go.

edit on 16-9-2016 by Steak because: Spelling.

edit on 16-9-2016 by Steak because: Spelling.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

A credible source.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

A credible source.

Thank you.

No sweat.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Honestly we can't tell here, after Vietnam.
DON'T SHOOT.
The MILITARY Industrial Complex is actively TROLLING for a war ,THESE creatures ALWAYS do that when the economy teeters ,BETTER CHINA that you( They are setting up for it already anyway) ...then you can join and try kill us later.
The 3 past presidents wanted to fight you but the military seems to enlighten them occasionally.
WE really are sorry ,as a people ,for the SHAH and the CIA, but I 'm sure to hardcore Islamists it's redundant and WEAK to say that, I felt like I should.
"Might makes right"in the cutthroat deserts anyway, now.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Obama getting what he "paid" for,,

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Sorry Haman, usually I can agree with your point of view to a certain extent, but in this case Iran is the child of the two.

Their responses to US military presence in international straightways is uncalled for. The threat of shoot down while testing borders is also uncalled for. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, does it to test the others response measures.

in this sense iran is playing a nya-nya boo-boo stick your head in doo-doo to the US. A professional response would have been a nonresponse.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

NOT china ...THEY just crash their planes into yours because THEY can't buzz...

YOU KNOW the government is trying to turn a cold war hot, as well as has a SHOPPING list about who'm they want to blame to do it.
edit on 16-9-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Last time Iran was acting like this, it did not end well for the Iranians.......they would do well to remember.

Operation Praying Mantis

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I say we leave Iran alone.

If they mess with us, we blown them to hell.

Easy.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Vector99

YOU KNOW the government is trying to turn a cold war hot, as well as has a SHOPPING list about who'm they want to blame to do it.

I don't doubt that at all, but Iran's recent responses will only cause an expedited escalation of events.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join