It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we have the current technology to build artificial mountains?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
As stated numerous times before . . . we have the tech. Where do you think pyramids came from? They are man-made mountains. In fact by this reasoning, we have had the technology to build mountains for thousands of years.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

people find incredible ways to do things

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Do we have the ability to create artificial mountains. Sure. The real question is do we have a desire to create one.

Monte Testaccio in Rome is a specific example. About a kilometer at the base. It does not meet the dimensions of your request but it does illustrate that creating an artificial mound was possible 2000 years ago. I see no reason why a larger one could not be constructed from our far more voluminous garbage in modern times.

I've got a question for you. Assuming it is possible do you know of any reason to create an artificial mountain? Other than the sheer pleasure of creating a mountain of garbage, of course.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Richsac89

BAUSCH and Lomb, along with NASA has had a patent on an artificial sun for awhile:

Virtual Similator

Solar Simulator

I doubt a mountain would be too difficult.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Humbaba

Thanks for the replies guys. Just wondering incase one day I get filthy rich and hire a construction crew to build me my very own Yosemite valley in my huge backyard full of hiking trails lol.

Ok so probably even a billionaire couldn't afford to build a mountain range with current technology, but hopefully things change when I'm old enough. Thanks guys

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Richsac89
Yosemite valley.
Valley.

Kinda the opposite of mountain.

edit on 9/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Strip mining?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Does making a mountain out of a mole hill count

<< 1   >>

join