It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Media Outraged After Trump Tricks Them To Cover Endorsements From Military Heroes

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington
Outraged? Because they misinterpreted a vague statement by Trump?

Can't say I'm a big Trump fan, but I have to side with him over the "media" on this one. People need to stop being "outraged" every time they're inconvenienced by their own pettiness and stupidity.

Get real.

Best comment 2016 against SJW media

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Cool.
Too bad Trump didn't believe it.

Until yesterday.

edit on 9/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
NM
edit on 9 17 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Cool.
Too bad Trump didn't believe it.

I don't think the investigation was ever made public.
The question is... did it ever happen? The reporter assignment at the time makes it more plausible, though, because it's no longer just a private conversation. There must be a paper trail if a reporter visited Kenya.
If it is true then Clinton's campaign, at the highest level, were looking to push the birther issue.

As far as Trump is concerned, he should not have pushed it without evidence. It seems like Clinton, in true political style, pushed it behind the scenes and ran a secret investigation, whilst Trump just blurted it out.
edit on 17/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

If it is true then Clinton's campaign, at the highest level, were looking to push the birther issue.

Did the Clinton campaign, at the highest level, ever push the birther issue?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Did the Clinton campaign, at the highest level, ever push the birther issue?

If the story is true then yes they did. Not publicly, but they were pushing reporters to dig into it.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
So, fact checking is pushing an issue.
Interesting.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

So, fact checking is pushing an issue.
Interesting.

It is when you also push out a picture of Obama in Muslim dress, and it's found that the Clinton campaign team were pushing the strategy of exploiting Obama's 'otherness'. Obama's team reacted furiously at the time.

The Clinton campaign fuelled the speculation - Trump waded in like the bull in the china shop I mentioned. Was he not just fact checking, though?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

It is when you also push out a picture of Obama in Muslim dress,
Huh?

Clinton campaign team were pushing the strategy of exploiting Obama's 'otherness'.
Yes. Growing up in Hawaii certainly carries "otherness." There were, and are, people who think that Hawaii is not part of the US.

When did the Clinton campaign claim that Obama was not qualified to be President? Ever? When did her campaign question his qualifications?
As opposed to say...Trump? Until...yesterday.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That video is one that drew anger at the time - Clinton added 'as far as I know' into the mix (maybe her investigation was not yet complete?)

Did they ever push the idea that Obama was not qualified? Yes, but not to do with citizenship - as far as I know

It seems they were digging behind the scenes to see if they could exploit it - a far cry from the faux outrage they have been pushing in public this last year.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

You know Phage, when you see what kind of people are a part of her campaign team, you have to wonder, what weight does it carry if they think someone is qualified or not?

Do you think, after everything that we've seen from her, the email scandal, her obvious health issues...etc, that she's competent to be the president of the USA? I am genuinely curious as I always thought highly of you

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014
You know Nikola, I have never, not once, expressed support for Clinton.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Did they ever push the idea that Obama was not qualified? Yes

Example?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I just asked, because I don't remember you participating in politics discussion much, so I was just curious about your stance.

It's good to know you don't support her. I just hope you are not like many people here, who hate both Clinton and Trump, but you always see them bashing on Trump, while completely ignoring anything negative about Hillary.

Anyways, excited to hear your thoughts on a lot of politics topics.
edit on 618k2016Saturdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014
I don't hate either of them.

I do though, have a distaste for politicians. Unfortunately we are doomed to have them as our leaders. The greater part of my distaste is due to the distortions which are involved with politics. No politician tells the truth. No politician can be trusted because their "job" is an impossibility.

The idiocy of the birther nonsense goes beyond the pale.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Did they ever push the idea that Obama was not qualified? Yes

Example?

She said this twice:

“He (McCain) will put forth his lifetime of experience. I will put forth my lifetime of experience. Senator Obama will put forth a speech he made in 2002.”

Here's one of the instances:

Her husband called Obama's entire campaign a fairytale.

Then there is the less public instance where Bill said to Ted Kennedy that, "a few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee'

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Oh, so nothing about legal qualifications.
A statement that she was more qualified. Isn't that what all politicians say?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Before the event, Trump tweeted: “I am now going to the brand new Trump International, Hotel D.C. for a major statement.” That was interpreted by the press to mean he was going to address “birther questions.”

How, exactly, did Trump trick the media? He announced a major statement. Has the media ever not shown up for one of his events? In the end, he was forced to renounce his earlier racist statements for fear of a terminal break with the Republican party; it was the price he was expected to pay for the appearance of the Republican loyalists who acted as set dressing. If the media thought the announcement was a recantation on the "birther" issue, they were right.

Incidentally, some members seem to think this is the "Mud Pit."

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Oh, so nothing about legal qualifications.
A statement that she was more qualified. Isn't that what all politicians say?

Yes exactly - she has not publicly questioned his legal status, as far as I know.
Her campaign efforts on that score have been more secret to gather evidence apparently.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So, no birtherism from Clinton.
Just Trump. Until yesterday.
We're clear on that?

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join