It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter activist changes tune on police following robbery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
What's the old saying? A liberal is just a conservative that hasn't been robbed yet?

How about:

"A conservative is just a liberal who hasn't been harassed, beaten, raped or shot by a cop yet?"

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Dang! After you pointed that out I put up a flag myself. Theantediluvian is obviously a very intelligent and enlightened person, if they take this much interest in a topic there must be something worthwhile to discuss.

It seems I missed something powerful and moving in this story, because the usually rational and analytical Theantediluvian has spent more time emoting in this thread than offering rational insights. I'll stick around until they calm down enough to to share the clarity on this issue that I generally expect of them.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I have in fact not been harassed, beaten, raped or shot by a cop yet. You may be right.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Now we're getting somewhere! This is why this is something that Fox News finds newsworthy:

originally posted by: Denoli
Facepalm !

Let me get this right !

Black people go around robbing everyone they can , yes

Black people than get shot and killed by police , yes

Than blame white people ?

I don't get it ?

Thanks for your candor!
edit on 2016-9-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I didn't say you were whining. I didn't even say it was this thread. I'm sorry if you felt triggered.

And I will think about what I said. What I will not do, however, is think about what you've made up and then said that I said. I'm really only interested in defending my own words and points. I have neither the time nor the inclination to defend what others make up and then ascribe to me. For whatever reason, it's become a common tactic lately to make something up, say another member said it, and then expect that member to explain it and defend it. I don't know when that became a thing here, but I'm not a proponent of it.

For whatever reason, this incident became a news item (I guess we'll ignore that it's a BLM leader who's suddenly asking for more policing, which is anathema to the group's supposed stance on things), and said news item made it to ats where it was inflicted upon you. You voiced your displeasure with the fact that it became news and is here. Others reminded you that thread participation is voluntary. Personally, if I think a thread's subject matter is stupid and not noteworthy, I tend to skip it entirely and not expend the time it takes to write response after response to others who don't agree with my assessment of its newsworthiness.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
As someone who has been (for the majority of my life) harassed, beat up, and thrown in a cage for having a plant in my pocket and riding a skateboard I still can't bring myself to call the police for anything. I've been robbed at gunpoint, knife point, had my house broken into several times, and each time calling the police would have only made things worse. When you're criminalized at an early age, this is the attitude you're left with. And this is how A LOT of kids from the 80's and 90's forward have grown up.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I didn't say you were whining. I didn't even say it was this thread. I'm sorry if you felt triggered.

And I will think about what I said. What I will not do, however, is think about what you've made up and then said that I said. I'm really only interested in defending my own words and points. I have neither the time nor the inclination to defend what others make up and then ascribe to me. For whatever reason, it's become a common tactic lately to make something up, say another member said it, and then expect that member to explain it and defend it. I don't know when that became a thing here, but I'm not a proponent of it.

Good grief. Are you doing okay? Do you not remember typing this?

And I'd say the one who's in a thread purely to whine about the existence of said thread, and then continues to participate in said thread and was foaming at the mouth to start tossing out buzzwords in an effort to ridicule everybody else is more likely "triggered" than any other participants.

Seriously? I have my faults but I don't just make things up and why do you need to keep making me the topic? Can you not see that you are the one derailing the thread? You owe me an apology.

I stated my opinion. I expounded on my original statements to elucidate my position and explain its relevance.

If you don't want to engage me on my arguments, don't. Nobody is pushing down on your fingers and making you press any keys are they?

I guess we'll ignore that it's a BLM leader who's suddenly asking for more policing, which is anathema to the group's supposed stance on things

That's because it's being framed as false dichotomy. Do you believe that BLM is a movement that seeks to do away with police? Should we ignore that the OP said this:

I thought it was, "What do we want? Dead Cops! When do we want them? Now!" And also..."Pigs in a blanket...fry 'em like bacon."

So now we've got the whole guilt by association thing going. I notice the entire thread is silent on this comment:

"Black people go around robbing everyone they can , yes "

I guess everyone in this thread is straight up bigot now because one poster said something overtly racist? No? That's asinine isn't it? So is trying to lump this guy in with people chanting "pigs in a blanket" to cheerlead obvious agitpop that comes from a section of Heat Street appropriately enough called "Culture Wars."

So in addition to my argument that this is a story of dubious news value that is being used entirely for propaganda (it's on WND now too btw) purposes, I'm also arguing that the premise is faulty because we don't actually know anything about Jerry Ford Jr based on this article to conclude that there is anything contradictory in his positions on law enforcement and his statements about a need for more patrols by campus security in an area that is experiencing (according to the source) a spate of crimes.

Do you disagree? Do you think it's fair to just assume all these things about a person because he's characterized as "a leader" of the BLM movement? It's a whole chain of non sequitur.

Futhermore, questioning whether or not it's "karma" that a person critical of law enforcement is the victim of crime is egregiously illiberal and frankly, pro-authoritarian. Do you agree with the notion that anyone who criticizes law enforcement should be the victim of a crime? I should hope the answer to that is "no."

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Perhaps the overwhelming pressure of being a leader among SJWs is just a bit much for you to handle.

I'll try to explain the irony here for you since you don't appear to grasp it.

BLM, a group that seems to be very much against the police, you know, saying things like "kill cops" and "pigs must die", then, having one of their leaders fall victim to a crime and his first response is to ask for police help. The same police he earlier had ugly things to say about. So it's a bit ironic that this person who failed to see the value of what the police are here for in the past, has had an epiphany as of late and now embraces more police presence in his area.

Now, if anything I have written here "triggers" you or makes you feel like less of a person, I assure you it was not my intent. I recommend you remain in your "safe space" until you have enough courage to enter the regular world again.
edit on 16-9-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
He just had his reality check...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The EU is mind controlling cops to kill black people in the US. EU secret agents operating in the USA use neurological weapons against cops to impair their judgement during a confrontational situation in order to provoke the cops to shoot, especially on black people.

Every single situation in which a cop shot a black guy in the USA and the media has emphasized the specific case, was caused by EU mind control, or interference with his judgement through heavy and profound emotional alteration.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join