It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting Ready for Contact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Not sure I agree with this, but have some information that something associated with Mars has been going on since 1986.

Mars is going to make its closest approach to Earth in over 70,000 years this summer, and Mars oppositions have usually been periods of peak UFO activity in the past. Author Jacques Vallee was the one who discovered the Mars cycle. In his book, "Challenge to Science The UFO Enigma," he presented a graph of UFO waves from 1947 to 1962 that showed dramatic increases in sightings during periods when Mars was close to the Earth, and there has been an increase in recent months. Should we get ready for contact? Find out how to do it on this week's Dreamland.
Lisette Larkins has been in contact for a long time, and has gone through the doubts, the fears and the embarrassment that are part of it. She thinks she knows how to bring the visitors into our lives, and her methods are uncannily similar to what Whitley did on his own, when his contact experience developed in the late eighties and early nineties.

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Contact...hrmm...if its friendly why havent they came to us before?

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by David
Contact...hrmm...if its friendly why havent they came to us before?

Friendly is the operative word.... As I understand, they may not be...

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
k, can i borrow a shotgun?

And what do you think will happen if they attack us?

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Dont know that they will attack, may not have interest in such... however, there may well be a good bit of air to air combat in orbit that we will never see, fought out between X Craft and SDI defensive satellites...

Remember the space shuttle video of what appears to be a UFO taking fire from an unknown source? Likely to be repeats of such.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   

And what do you think will happen if they attack us?

If an advanced civilization wanted to take over the world in order to exploit its natural resources, I think the most intelligent option would be for them to "attack" COVERTLY.

By covertly controlling the behavior of the citizens of the world, we would be completely unaware of the reality of the situation.

It could be happening now, for all we know.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yes but mass terror and slaughter of enemies can be fun

Kinda like Gulf Party 2003 and Syria-a-palooza (dates TBA)

SDI defensive satellites, laser weapons, x-craft
Damn that would make some cool news footage.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
To answer a question posed by david,

They would not have made contact as of yet EVEN if they were friendly. A hostile race, that was only interested in our genes or resources, would have simply knocked us over the head by now and taken them... as it is, various studies commissioned by the government (esp. the Brookings one) have argued that first contact should not be made until the entire populace was ready for it. So, going around talking about alien 'bloodsuckers' or whatever just delays first contact, under this scenario. The point made by things like the Brookings study was that First Contact could never be made while we still had the 'Mars Attacks' mentality (like the one promoted above)... on the contrary, the majority of the populace would have to be in total acceptance of the reality of alien contact before that contact could happen... and talking about invasions just delays that acceptance. They'll only reveal themselves, so the thinking goes, when they know that there WON'T be civil unrest/panic.

So far as getting a shotgun goes... Various UFO reports over the years have described UFO occupants who can disable similar weapons with a wave of the hand. Get a gun to fight them off if you'd like... but such an action (on the larger scale) will only ward them away from making contact with the public. I mean really, Gazrock, David, and Dragonrider, do you think they would ever put themselves in the position where you could take them out with a shotgun?

As hokey as this sounds... If you want to SEE aliens in your lifetime, force yourself to deal with the reality of their presence.

Jim

PS Man, I realize I sound like I'm high or something above, but... it had to be said.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
PSS: SDI armed satellites must be like canoes loaded with bow and arrow armed tribesmen to them.

WARNING: Only shoot at them when you're sure that they're up to no good.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   
"have some information that something associated with Mars has been going on since 1986"

any chance of sharing that info?

Mars really will be a hell of a lot closer, it will appear in the sky six times larger than normal, OMG! This may have been linked to in the past but provides crucial stats on Mars approach,

www.space.com...

If the aliens are constrained in their technology to the point that they must wait for the closest approach to come here, whats to worry about? They would have to be almost as backward as us.

Personally I don`t see the connection here, I don`t see the relevance of the planets being closer as terms for contact.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Guns no good what about knives big bloody knives ya I think that knives are a good idea

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
remember war of the worlds?

www.war-of-the-worlds.org...

people actually threw their kids out the windows! thinking an invasion was taking place and they were all doomed.

its a perfect example of how the mind works....we panic right away. that was dozens of years ago, maybe with all the subliminal messages we have recieved over the years we can handle it differently.

these beings can disarm a neuclear war head in a second....do you guys actually think we stand a chance, lol. if they do invade nothing will stop them i think.

and about mars....we probably have been going their and back for years now. russia as well. both USA and russia have a moon base the public has no clue about.

their is also a sub NASA orginization that I heard about. Forgot the name. Its been sending dozens of missions to the moon over the years. Building bases and runways.

Something to think about when your on the can.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
"have some information that something associated with Mars has been going on since 1986" Posted by Cassini

Well, not being one to duck a question:

I have mentioned this in a couple other threads: I am an environmental geologist, I work for a municipal government, and also work closely with environmental liasons for the military.

The environmental group for the US military is relatively small, and as such, get shuffled around all branches on a regular basis: IE, they all have clearance to go to most any base out there to take care of environmental problems.

After talking to some of these people for a couple of years, I have more or less gotten some info out of them. Included in this info is the presence of a large fleet of operationally deployed X Craft at Area 51/other associated secret bases. These spacecraft are capable of all flight characteristics attributed to UFOs, atmospheric and orbital flight, and were created with homegrown technology (ala Nikola Tesla/Thomas Townsend Brown/Project Winterhaven).

There is also a VERY active space program currently unknown to the general public, of a scale FAR outstripping the shuttle program. I was also indirectly informed of the presence of a manned base on the moon.

I was also informed in the same way of the attempted manned mission to Mars in 1986.

Do I have tangible verifiable evidence to support these? Admittedly no. Does this information qualify as hearsay? Yes it does. However, these are people with whom I have stood in classified weapons bunkers on military bases in the downtown area of a large metro area, looking at weapons that the public has NO CLUE is inside thier city... These are consumate professionals, and I have no reason to disbelieve thier claims.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hahahahahahahahah,

I live here in LA, you know how many times I see things heading into space without every seeing a pre-launch paper. I see things going into space at least 3 to 4 a day, AND THATS ONLY WHEN I LOOK UP.

Something definetly going on up there in my oppinion.

Dragonrider- you think we oughta be worried

[Edited on 6/22/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
My theory is that there is life on Mars and someone knows it is there but they are about to slowly release the information to us in order to avoid a human race culture shock.

I would expect to see primitive lifeforms first.

I'm really looking forward to the coming Mars Landings.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
To answer onlyinmydreams question- the thing you need to survive an alien attack is
Powerful A s s Magnets
Sugar and Salt
A helmet made of some magnetic material
Fast reflexes
Brass Iron Balls (you gotta have balls to take on an alien, especially a reptilian)
A bat
A mirror

Dont ask why, trust me, you'll know what to do with these items when you're in the situation.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
To answer onlyinmydreams question- the thing you need to survive an alien attack is
Powerful A s s Magnets
Sugar and Salt
A helmet made of some magnetic material
Fast reflexes
Brass Iron Balls (you gotta have balls to take on an alien, especially a reptilian)
A bat
A mirror

How about the white flag?
It would make sense that the only reason we would be attacked by ETs would be if we were a threat to them.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
They use a red flag

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm really looking forward to the coming Mars Landings. Posted by Leveller

I honestly believe, if they were ever actually lauched, they will NOT make it to mars...

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
I honestly believe, if they were ever actually lauched, they will NOT make it to mars...

I was thinking the same thing. I remember when Sojurner was there 5 years or so ago and NASA suddenly lost communication with it. I'm sure there are legitimate technical reasons for it, but the loss of contact seemed to me to occur just when they were getting to the good stuff
if there really is anything related to extraterrestial life on Mars, the public isn't going to see a thing about it.

new topics

top topics

join