It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Ad Encourages German Women to Wear Hijabs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
bring back assless jeans.

Supposedly South Korea is. I follow KPOP sites, and I saw an article about torn jeans being the new thing...but torn in the bootycheek area.... lmao

Now..... lets see a commercial for THAT lol!

-Alee

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I'd look for a compromise, a hijab and a string bikini.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I think the point here is the very fact "they" have made an actual advertisement glorifying the hijab in the first place in a European country. It should not have happened.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Theres nothing wrong with the hijab. Calm down. Dont wear one if it offends you. Show all the skin you like. You do realize some women dress more modestly due to self respect right?
edit on 16-9-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I like that idea!

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

There is no point here. Who is 'they?' Anybody with money can you by ad space. Show me the German government actually paid for and made this ad and id be a little more caring.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Uhm, you misunderstood that and prison planet too.
Key are the 2 phrases "Enjoy difference. Start tolerance." That's even in english so you could have got that. Besides it's not german but UNESCO. Do you know what that is? That's short for United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation, wiki.
Human rights stuff and I assume because of the ongoing burqa ban discussion and the Bautzen Battles (bbc).

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Jesus' mother Mary wore a Hijab too.

Hijabs are nice, it's the burkha that I have no time for.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Freedom of Religion is a Western notion. Or should we just ditch that?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The problem as I see it is what/who it represents in this day and age. "Fashion statement", no. Seriously, how many women has anyone seen wearing a nun's outfit out of a misguided sense of fashion? Zero. I guess my knee jerk reaction compared to my rational mind is seriously out of whack, because when I see women wearing a hijab/burka all I can think of is what it represents and the repression, death and terror associated with it. Pavlov strikes again!

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rubicon3

Seriously, how many women has anyone seen wearing a nun's outfit out of a misguided sense of fashion?

Nuns habits are pretty popular in the sex industry.

If the hijab goes mainstream, the religious community would lose the ability to control how people use it. If they're completely ok with the sex/fashion industry(costumes), rock stars etc. borrowing/mishandling it, no problem.

If there's an inkling disrespect for the hijab might cause a violent overreaction, maybe safekeeping it within the community would serve everyone better. Most people are already free to disrespect anything they want but openly encouraging the mainstream to get on board using tv adds might not give the desired result. Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The hajab is an ethnic fashion and if you are of that ethnicity it would probably suit you fine, but pushing the idea that an ethnic headdress is fashionable, let's see it on the Paris runways first. My grandmother and great grandmother were both Czech and wore a babushka on occasion (great grandmother more so) but I don't see anyone claiming that is fashionable. I would suspect it is because eastern Europeans are not taking over western Europe and trying to enforce their beliefs on the people there.

Knowing how people are ridiculed for being trans-racial, as in white people altering their appearance to look black, I wouldn't think that would go down too well with people of middle eastern decent, not sure really. I may be wrong, but it seems this is an attempt to pacify the hard core Muslims that take offense to western women's fashion. It seems to me to be just another step intended to Islamify the west and get them to fit in with the growing Muslim population in Europe and their customs. It seems like an easy way out by giving in to it and not living a western lifestyle thus causing a slow death to to that way of life.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I think a good way to go about it is to stop calling it "hijab". Islam does not have a monopoly on head-scarves, nor ninja outfits.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

I agree...I see the ad as wrong in SO many levels. Personally, I wouldn't want to mistakenly advertise myself as being muslim/islamic and invite any kind of derision in the name of "fashion", or as a political statement. There's waaaaay too many avenues of contention regarding any and just about EVERYTHING surrounding that piece of clothing and what it stands for...kind of like the fuse on top of a keg of gun powder!

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
And in Saudi Arabia, they're showing ads with Muslim women wearing a bikini and stating "Embrace tolerance, accept difference" and promoting cultural understanding and leading fashion...

Wait, it's not happening?

Hmm, oh yeah, if they do that, they get to wear a hole in the ground and don their heads with large rocks till dead..

Carry on...

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The women in question is Charlotte Würdig, the Wife of the german "rapper" Sido (a shortcut that translates to "superintelligent drug victim"). He´s sort of a "gangsta" and his friend "Bushido"(Anis Mohamed Youssef Ferchichi) who has ties into the Abou-Chaker-Clan, a palestinensian mafia family that is into drugs, weapons and women. They also act in Libanon...

Scumbags...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Nice, I know Bulgaria is repping it hard.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Freedom of Religion is a Western notion. Or should we just ditch that?

Freedom of religion shouldn't be ditched, it needs to be remembered.

Freedom to rebel against religion should also be encouraged.

Islam, as a religion, is gaining authority because of political correctness. The irony being, that Islamic culture is in direct contrast to the ideas of the PC crowd.
edit on 19-9-2016 by LordSatan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join