It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Hillary actually in Greensboro earlier for her speech? (CGI News[?])

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Heres a thought. What if the entire event was Augmented reality? SUch as a Holo lens sort of device. WHat if everyone there was in on it and paid to act like she was there?

A couple of thousand people? Not even close to believable. A secret isn't s a secret after a 3rd person knows it.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gymbeau2000

The flag is, indeed, behind her. It's not a projection. There are photos of the event and a flag was position behind her.

But, I do believe this comment answers why the background seems to show up behind her when she "disappears* -- even though that technically doesn't happen, at all:

Link

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I've only come across reports of less than 300 people attending, more including the entourage Hillary traveled with to the rally. I randomly chose a link off of the search page; a website I've never seen before. CNN Politics doesn't give a number.

Link

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Lulpin
This is absolutely damming. No signal degradation that I know of would completely remove something from the video (in this case, Hillary), then perfectly replicate and display what was behind it.

Been lurking here since 2000, and this was the thing that finally drove me to register.

It cannot be said she was removed and the background behind her was the only thing visible.

This pic perfectly explains what was happening:

Notice that this image shows a small section of the top of the background and the very top of Hillary's head was repeated all the way down the screen during the glitch.

Therefore, it looks like you can see the stripes behind her, but you are really just seeing a small section of the top of the stripes being repeated down the screen making it look like continuous stripes.

My .02¢ is that this was just normal glitching.

Yeah, that makes sense. Good catch!

First time I've ever seen tiling to that degree, but seeing the top of Hillary's head repeated like that pretty much proves that you're right and it's a glitch.

edit on 17-9-2016 by Lulpin because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2016 by Lulpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hillary doesn't draw crowds like Trump does. Her campaign is reaching now by faking "large crowds" with camera trickery and piping in crowd noise via sound systems.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I promised I would run this question by the experts at a video compression forum I used to frequent a while back. As I expected, they deleted the post because it was too political, but I did get an answer from the moderator that confirms my original thesis that the video artifact here was nothing unusual. Here is what the mod said:

Too political for us. Your answer to the issue is correct. A pan of the camera to a part of the background or a switch to a different camera could cause the artifact. The red and white bars being replicated where she was standing isn't surprising given their uniformity. If the left third of the screen repeated in the middle due to a glitch, it would cause the vanishing effect. Had she been in front of a tree, you'd have noticed that the left branches repeated in the center and the trunk disappeared. You have your answer, so I'm deleting the post.

And I will add (my own words here) that given the proof above that the top of Hillary's head repeated multiple times, the same artifact would be present if the top of the image replicated onto the bottom. Same principle.

So there you have it.
edit on 17-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

This is absolutely damming. No signal degradation that I know of would completely remove something from the video (in this case, Hillary), then perfectly replicate and display what was behind it.

Been lurking here since 2000, and this was the thing that finally drove me to register.

It cannot be said she was removed and the background behind her was the only thing visible.

Notice that this image shows a small section of the top of the background and the very top of Hillary's head was repeated all the way down the screen during the glitch.

Therefore, it looks like you can see the stripes behind her, but you are really just seeing a small section of the top of the stripes being repeated down the screen making it look like continuous stripes.

But that Hypothesis only explains what is happening in this EXACT FRAME.
not where she is digitized and semi see through like Princess Leia telling Obi Wan he is her only hope

edit on 17-9-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Visiting ATS lately is like visiting a mental ward.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

But that Hypothesis only explains what is happening in this EXACT FRAME.
not where she is digitized and semi see through like Princess Leia telling Obi Wan he is her only hope

There were other frames where tiling was obvious. One that comes to mind is a frame where, from the neck down, her coat was a series of repeated tiles down the screen.

I think there were tiling issues behind all of the 'glitches' where the background behind her seemed to be visible while she seemed to disappear.

Was it always in a clear, regular pattern repeated down the screen? No. Does it seem like there was semi-transparent tiling sometimes? Yes.

But, I think some pattern of tiling was to blame for all of it.

Like this frame you posted:

Clear tiling. I just chose the one frame with the top of her head because it was the best example.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: yuppa
Heres a thought. What if the entire event was Augmented reality? SUch as a Holo lens sort of device. WHat if everyone there was in on it and paid to act like she was there?

A couple of thousand people? Not even close to believable. A secret isn't s a secret after a 3rd person knows it.

It's not a couple thousand people though. GO ZOOM IN ON THE PICTURE. Notice Lobster boy? Yeah... Pretty sure a lot of those people are not there.

Im still trying to figure out what the following is, as two people were kicked out of an empty building, and I think you can hear Hillary in the background. It sounds like this was while it was supposed to be on, but I don't have a map of the auditorium yet.

Supposedly, they normally hold events like this across the street at a much bigger place, but HRC's campaign chose the smaller arena.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

then why can I clearly see her eyes?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Because they were odd glitches and not perfectly in conformity? Because the frames bleed into one another and overlap?

I feel satisfied there is enough evidence she was actually there and enough to explain the anomalies with the clear examples of tiling and the fact that they were vertical on a vertical striped background.

But if you aren't satisfied, that's ok, too.

edit on 17-9-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

a reply to: dashen

Because they were odd glitches and not perfectly in conformity? Because the frames bleed into one another and overlap?

I feel satisfied there is enough evidence she was actually there and enough to explain the anomalies with the clear examples of tiling and the fact that they were vertical on a vertical striped background.

But if you aren't satisfied, that's ok, too.

im getting satisfied. but not there yet. at least im learning about AV stuff

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Visiting ATS lately is like visiting a mental ward.

said an inmate in the nuthouse

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The thing to keep in mind is that digital video is a completely different beast from analog. There are computers built into digital televisions, set top boxes, and the like, as well as at the studios, in the cameras, and so forth. Each of these is using a chipset (often different chipsets) and using various algorithms in an attempt to preserve the video and audio chain from transmission to receipt.

Maybe this is no big deal to me because I was an AV hobbyist during the earliest days of the hobby, when the technology was still new. I saw stuff like this all the time. Back then, one had to be an amature detective just to figure out what was causing the problem.

I mentioned a few pages back the OTA STB I was using many years ago, which caused serious pixelation and vanishing players during MNF broadcasts. Turns out, that was an artifact caused by the specific chipset in my STB in combination with less than optimum throughput settings at the local ABC affiliate -- settings which worked perfectly fine on just about every other type of STB, but not on the brand I owned, which was older and used older software/hardware.

The bottom line here is that this type of artifacting is not surprising to anyone who knows anything about the technology. Explaining exactly what you're seeing in each and every frame is going to be beyond most people, however, as it requires time to do that kind of work, and in some cases might require specialized knowledge of the video chain in question.

I personally do not see anything beyond the realm of what's expected.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Hillary is the new MaxHeadroom.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm late to this discussion, but yes she was there.. a very good friend of mine from HS was there.. I don't know how this is even "a thing"

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
The thing to keep in mind is that digital video is a completely different beast from analog

Most people don't understand this concept, the compression and everything that goes into transmitting this data to digital devices.. the artifacts, the glitches... I see this same thing when I watch AGT especially.. it requires bandwidth whereas an analog signal doesn't .. the more people using that bandwidth the less quality of an image you will get..

More and more cable companies are trying to compress that data as much as possible and it causes issues... stuttering can happen, missing segments, artifacts, blocky weirdness..

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: miniatus
I'm late to this discussion, but yes she was there.. a very good friend of mine from HS was there.. I don't know how this is even "a thing"

It's a thing because nobody trusts Hillary or they can't believe such a horrible person exists so they must be CGI.

Quick pull the plug on HillHeadroom.

edit on 17-9-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

originally posted by: miniatus

It's a thing because nobody trusts Hillary or they can't believe such a horrible person exists so they must be CGI.

Quick pull the plug on HillHeadroom.

Well there's also a lot of people who are quick to think nothing is real or not as perceived, so it fits right in .. I'm not a fan of either of our choices.. I personally think Don's hair is CGI so I get it..

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join