It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or what is "the devil"? Does the devil exist?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Maybe the devil infiltrated the mind of the church to turn you against God and think that the church was evil,

Even though in reality, the members of the church are evil,

It's like the police right now, is law enforcement evil?

No.

Have a lot of cops made public mistakes?

yes.

Should we get rid of police?

No.

Could the police do a better job

Some of them.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid
Genesis chapter 2 contains extra details about things that weren't that detailed or mentioned in chapter 1 (where what happens on the 6th creative "day" is summed up with a focus on what gets created). What happens in chapter 2 does not necessarily happen chronologically after what is described in chapter 1. It also further demonstrates the days mentioned in chapter 1 weren't 24 hours.

The correct chronological order on the 6th creative "day" is:

1. Adam (man) is created
2. Adam names the animals
3. Eve is created

Adam and Eve were created toward the end of the sixth creative “day.” The part about naming the animals was just not appropiate in chapter 1 which is primarily about summing up creation.

Not sure how this relates to the thread though.

The woman mentioned in Genesis 3:15 is not Eve. The phrase "to know good and evil" in verse 22 is a reference to deciding for yourself what is good and evil (they already 'knew' what was good and evil before they ate in the way we use the verb "know" at the present day in english conversation; there, I managed to find a usage for the word "day" without referring to a 24 hour-day when looking for the definition for "nowadays", which I had first after "know"...).

Satan (using a serpent as a mouthpiece) did lie, he told Eve she would surely not die. They started dying on the day they ate (aging beyond perfect health). And a day to God is like a thousand years (which is not an exact rule but an indication that God experiences time differently from humans because of his eternal existence; besides, what I mentioned about "dying" is more important). Adam's final breath came before 1000 years.

More details about the seed:
Seed: Insight, Volume 2
“God’s Wisdom in a Sacred Secret”
Searching Into “the Deep Things of God”

Btw, Satan's lie that humans won't die, is still very popular in the doctrine of the immortality of the soul, present in almost all major organized religions in the world. See my thread about "one myth leads to another" for details or take note of this from the first link:

The seed of the Serpent. We note that when the Bible speaks of “seed” in a symbolic sense, it does not refer to literal children, or offspring, but to those who follow the pattern of their symbolic “father,” those having his spirit or disposition.
Thus the seed of the Serpent throughout the centuries consisted of those who had the spirit of the Devil, who hated God and fought God’s people, and it included particularly the religious persons who claimed to serve God but who were actually false, hypocrites. Jesus identified the Jewish religious leaders of his day as a part of the Serpent’s seed, saying to them: “Serpents, offspring [Gr., gen·neʹma·ta, “generated ones”] of vipers, how are you to flee from the judgment of Gehenna?”—Mt 23:33, Int.

edit on 29-9-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: fatkid
a reply to: whereislogic

So prior to God creating Adams wife, he had already created a woman?

The Image of God was male and female united. the name "Man" refers to such a Being...

The word "man" can also be translated to “earthling man.” Heb., ʼa·dhamʹ, without the definite article.

It's simply talking about (hu)mankind. No need to read weird things into it for alterior motives...

God created mankind male and female, 2 subtypes (them). And he created a man (and thus also mankind) when he created Adam (him). Genesis chapter 1 keeps it more general.
edit on 29-9-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

It's simply talking about (hu)mankind. No need to read weird things into it for alterior motives...

No ulterior motives except a yearning for understanding regarding the union of male and female:

"That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh." Gen 2:24

Also why Jesus points a woman towards her husband when she asks where to receive the gift of eternal life. (John 4:14-16)

Humankind left paradise as a couple, it'd be intuitive that we go back in as such.

Isaiah, which means salvation, wrote:

"Look in the scroll of the LORD and read: None of these will be missing, not one will lack her mate. For it is his mouth that has given the order, and his Spirit will gather them together." (34:16)

Not good for man to be alone

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Don't you watch teh TV show Lucifer? its all right there.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

Birdman and the Lego Movie are the two best cinematic representations of truth I have ever seen.
edit on 30-9-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Birdman and the Lego Movie are the two best cinematic representations of truth I have ever seen.

All we can know for sure is that the devil has a blue dress on.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Takes many forms - anything to accuse the aspiring truth-seeker of ungodliness.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Takes many forms - anything to accuse the aspiring truth-seeker of ungodliness.

Were you expecting to find truth here? I could see "knowledge seeker" but on this topic there is no "truth" that anyone can convey.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Were you expecting to find truth here? I could see "knowledge seeker" but on this topic there is no "truth" that anyone can convey
a reply to: AshFan

Aint that the truth

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Were you expecting to find truth here? I could see "knowledge seeker" but on this topic there is no "truth" that anyone can convey

Aint that the truth

We can never know...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

im in the belief at the moment that everything that has been thought about exists on another level of consciousness, it explains how people are able to rid place of spirits and such like negative energies with invoking the consciousness of a worshipped diety, we create gods on an unconscious level so everything exists..... my way of the thinking can change next week btw

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

im in the belief at the moment that everything that has been thought about exists on another level of consciousness,

Yes I agree it is called imagination

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Were you expecting to find truth here? I could see "knowledge seeker" but on this topic there is no "truth" that anyone can convey.

What is it that humans ignorantly stumble against? Why is peace - internal and external - so difficult? I have noticed from my own experience and observations that there are spiritual forces that parasitically feed off your aberrant behavior.

Innocent and knowledgeable we go forth trying to hit the mark with another attempt at harvesting the truth.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The Devil is a corporate entity, this means the devil, Satan lit. adversary is a single spirit-person made up of many smaller facets . The devil is sin, if we sin we are of the devil, we are the adversary.
''But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.'' Mark 8:33

The Demon Legion is an example of corporation. ''And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.'' Luke 8:30

This same principle on the flip-side applies to the church, as the body of Christ.

Another example are the Princes in Daniel, which are the collective spirit of national identity.

The Prince of the air, is the collective spirit of the second heaven, that's the spirit realm. ''in which you used to walk when you conformed to the ways of this world and of the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit who is now at work in the sons of disobedience.'' Ephesians 2:2

This second heaven is the realm of war, where the church is battling.

''For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.'' NIV Ephesians 6:12

Thus the Devil is evil, ie the personification of all evil, the sum of all evil great and small. Sum of every spirit not of God.

''Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.'' 1 John 3:12

Here we see Cain killed Abel because his works were evil, ie the fault is Cain's and not the Devil, it was Cain's evil that conjoins Cain to that wicked one - the Devil. Just as Peter's lesser offense conjoined him to Satan.

In short the devil which is all evil, is a creation of man from where all wickedness comes. The devil is an angel, but not a fallen Heavenly Angel, God's not that careless.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
is that you in your avatar?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

im in the belief at the moment that everything that has been thought about exists on another level of consciousness, it explains how people are able to rid place of spirits and such like negative energies with invoking the consciousness of a worshipped diety, we create gods on an unconscious level so everything exists..... my way of the thinking can change next week btw

I agree. Fight the devil and a terrible fight it will be that you will get caught up in.

The whole idea of an equal and opposite devil to God battle, is very problematic.

And if there is some devil, then God's got him on a leash, maybe even reduced him in stature to that of a small, insecure dog.

The duality of good and evil and of this whole concept of a devil got me into a whole heap of trouble, but as soon as I imagined that he was vanquished, it was over!

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Yes!!! people may put negative energy into thinking about the devil, satan etc etc, this makes them real at a conscious level but not at my frequency because i don't "believe" in them, I believe in a one true God that uses duality and stress to strengthen creation, without evil how do we know what good is, i believe that everything is in order right where it should be, all according to Gods plan. The Tesla Quote on my Avatar sums it up perfectly....
edit on 1-10-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

I'm with you, except where this idea of the necessity of evil comes in, as the means to make the good, good.

I don't agree with that. It's terrible theology.

The good is good not because it's not bad, but because it's good where good is good for goodness' sake, so you'd better watch out, you'd better not shout.. : ) ho ho ho

Evil serves no purpose and it's really a house divided against itself. God doesn't need the devil, right? Then again, it would not have been good if God was the one who tortured Job..

Edit: Perhaps the devil has outlived his usefulness... so it's chains and into the abyss (oblivion) you go.

edit on 1-10-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

im all for the idea that we have seen enough evil and it should be banished and it could be done in an instant, all we would have to do is for each an everyone of is to never think about it again, and like magic it will stay where we have put it, in the collective unconscious where everything that has been imagined by each and everyone of us, is! i have no doubt that it is through trials and tribulations, that make a species stronger through time (evolution), and i like to think that we have seen enough evil in this world, but looking at the world the way it is today, there may be one final terrible event, the final stress if you like that pushes us all on to another level, whatever that may be, frequency, dimension or state of conscious etc...

i try and share this knowledge with everyone, if you don't know about this, please check it out, it was already my way of thinking when i came across this, so it strengthened my belief on it, and with scientific data behind it..
www.psychologytoday.com...
edit on 1-10-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join