It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or what is "the devil"? Does the devil exist?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: AshFan

In other words, "No one knows"

Psst ... We all know, we just aren't telling you
Youv'e seen the Truman Show right

I've always suspected that I was special.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

When Shakespeare wrote his Immortal lines he was dropping big hints :-

All the worlds a stage and AshFan is the player

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The Devil in itself is a concept just like evil in general but does not refer to a single entity.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
agreed ^
the devil is a concept of the mind. you can choose to believe in it him etc or choose not to. i personally do not subscribe to some demonic entity out to get me every second of my life. i prefer to run the show.

however i was raised to believe in a devil. and heaven. and hell. life was pretty fearful for me but once i gave up that notion its like a cloud was lifted from above my head

shift your focus. shift your reality.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

The Devil does exist and it is a person. It is not a name but more as a personification given to a particular descending Son of God a long time ago on Earth. Devil actually stands for "Deified Evil," meaning one who has idolizes or worships Evil. To break it down even further, "Evil" stands for "Energy Veil," or the covering up of God's True Will. Those who perform Evil choose to be blind to God's Light. So you can call anyone a Devil when he or she is doing something evil in nature.

With that in mind, the Devil we all know throughout history and religion came to Earth to enlighten mankind. At first, he did help evolve mankind to a new level of faith and wisdom. But he joined the Lucifer Rebellion and thus became "The Devil" in our lore. He was one of Lucifer's Lieutenants so to speak. Lucifer had a huge army with Satan as his second in command.

May this information have cleared up some confusion. Peace be with you.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ctophil
Absolutely a person. Truly. A person. Truly.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Blavatsky says Satan is the patent invention of Western Theology. Rudolf Steiner has a lot to say about Lucifer and ahriman. But they are not in the mold of the Vatican.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Very true; we all have a place in the world in our own body... the purposes we put it too are other chosen at birth and that continues on in responsibility self chosen purposes is why there is law; as many adults still behave as children not only in the home in self and other destructive ways without conscious thought to preservation in respect of what is already there, but out in the real world in the same way in trying to hoard things out of greed and hate delusionally ignorant that existing separate when that is an impossibility in all things being dependent in all of nature and life itself in extremes of being instead of in peace and equanimity, to whatever arises and passes in fearlessness.

Grasping is something all sentient life does to form... who is lifting the heaviest fork? The one holding it or the one stuck on the other end? The one on the other end is already void of life even if the one lifting it is trying to avoid all of it but their own also void of life in my personal opinion as; respecting the entire chain from where it arose helps to see all of this dependent arising that brought it all into being... from the bees that pollinated the vegetables, to the light that grew them and the table/chair to the many hands that produced to all to that moment... of course sitting at such a table thinking of all of that may never end the eating making one gluttonous instead of simply oblivious or ignorant to it... that prayer or grace said before a meal was meant to be a reminder of such things.

Of course, it is nearly and impossibility for some to live in such a state at all times but not impossible, all that arises also passes such is the nature of impermanence... which is the only permeance when personally observed in the wisdom of experience.

<< 7  8  9   >>

join