It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or what is "the devil"? Does the devil exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

“The devil… that proud spirit… cannot endure to be mocked.”

~ St Thomas More

Point of reference, as a working allegory

Quotes from C.S. Lewis’ Screwtape Letters (as viewed from the devil's POV)

I was hesitant to make this thread, but I shouldn't be. Excessive fear of the devil is a form of mental illness. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. If there's a devil you want to get away from, well that's the very worst kind to take up upon your back. imho. (to each their own I guess, JK).

That said, otoh, "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ The Usual Suspects (please read some of the dialogue in the wiki article), rephrasing of the phrase "the finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist" by Charles Baudelaire (also worth reading, to gain an idea as to his insights).

That's a triky presupposition in so far as the moment you are persuaded of anything at all even of one's lack of existence, it presupposes a prior existence, even as a persuasive negation, and that's absurd.

So that didn't work.

Almost. It amost worked, but in the end it just wasn't persuasive enough, imho. (to each their own, as i know a lot of people like believing in and being scared of the devil).

But is there not a ceertain crux at the heart of the matter, cal it a predicament of authority, and of leadership in the gap between what is and what ought, and what ought not to be, where there is always an attachmet to an outcome, in the pursuit of an authetic, or an inauthentic and corrupted model of leadership ie: where the wicked hopes to trip up the good, say with Jesus crucified, as but one example of the very worst tendencies among us but was that also the devil working through us - or, did maybe the PTB not switch up the crowds that got in to the Preatorium whereby they were not the same people that greeted Jesus on a donkey to the East Gate with palm fronds? Could it be too that Jesus might have had a trick up his sleeve as he entered the jaws of the beast on behalf of the little man?

This is my own working hypothesis, that the devil was double-bound, and remains so, except to the degree that human ignorance has opened wide the doors for his invasion into our soceital matrix.

A very practical joke was told at "his" expense by the wisdom of the ages personified. Once bound always bound. What we don't like about it though, is how Jesus used the worst parts of us to make this demontration! Many still hate him.

Why then is it roaming, people will say. Why all the suffering. It's the devil's fault.

But is that the way it REALLY works?

Maybe it's like a principal, but a fundamentally rebellious one that lurks both in the heart of man, and among powers and principalities both of this Earth and not of this world, where when the fundamental paradox and predicament of authentic leadership comes to a head so to speak, it fails in love and forms a type of controversy, and conspiracy, perhaps even a universal one.. in the matter of spiritual power and authority and rebellion
It's an age old struggle, but one that I suscribe to a mental illness, and not an alien or a two-horned beast on a throne.

Where is the fundamental crux? Where is corruption in all of it's forms allowed to enter? When we are not good enough? No, it's when we're not at least trying to learn and to grow, no mater how hard the lessons were to learn.

We needed to embrace our fears and face them down, head on. The devil used to be one of my main ones.

You see, I've been personally attacked and abused by the devil , on more than one occassion.

That's a real turn of events in the OP. First I'm making a joke about it, next thing you know I'm possessed BY the devil. Well, not any more. LOL No worries there! lol!

I"ve also noticed the "devil" (as a mental illness) speaking directly through the inscurities of others, and I think to myself, poor little devil, just suffered a failure in love. How pathetic! And what can you do with such people except learn how to ignore their devil and reflect back them from your own light, their better angel, or to the degree that it always persists, laugh at it.

The devil as a pychologcal problem or a mass delusion, is a much more manageable devil than one actively engaged, in my own personal experience. It's one that wil cause your pointing finger to turn within and take full responsibility for the little devil within where the big devil was already double-bound, caught red handed, quite literally

Of course we all know that to this very day, war, is a type of ritual global sacrifice to the devil by so-called practitioners of black magick, these so-called globalist PTB. But here's the real hidden secret. They are just idiots. They don't have a clue what's really going on any more than you or I do?

"If everything's out of control, then you have to ask the question - just who's control is it out of?"
~ Terrance McKenna

Ok, back to the topic at hand, in all seriousness..?

There is a two edged sword that comes out of the mouth of Christ which slays the dragon of all deception and betrays the secret of satan (small s), by a hand and a power that casts even hall and hades into nothing as if removing it as a possbility (condemnation) where the hieghest height of Justice, that stretches as far as the heavens is long, is met only by it's tender Mercy and Love!

What is this but a very practical joke, yet again, told at the devil's expense?

It goes nowhere fast the domain wherein it's already been triumphed over.

All that other nonsense that's ruining the world is just kicking aginst the goads.

The "Strong Man" who is also the pride of man, and the absurdity of all ignorance about power and authority, at all levels, from the bottom all the way up, and maybe even from the top down - was bound and double bound, with his own violence, using a type of white magic that trumps all forms of black magic (ie: no more sacrifice - I ask for mercy, not sacrifice) once and for all time! It's like - GOOD ONE,Jesus! Way to go!

It saved me from "the evil one", who flies when he's rationally mocked, with no place to go.

Good-willed, good-natured humor, and love, kills the devil every time.

So it's like just fluff that comes off in your hand if you dare to have the courage to grab the devil by the beard.

And you would not BELIEVE what I've been through. To come out so good-humored about it all, if you knew, then you would know that God's got our back and that everything's going to somehow be ok, and better than ok as we live and learn by trial and error, bounded by an unbounded love which bound the only thing that needed binding, as if like sticks

We all face the inconsolable. But blessed are those who mourn and hunger and thirst for what's right and good and true.

There's just no devil in Christ, and I am like Neo in the Matrix when he bursted agent Smith to smitherenes, with God's help.

There is nothing that can seperate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ. It really is like a rock and a shield, and more, a double bind, so eventually you don't even need the shield because there's just no devil left in sight.

edit on 16-9-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I believe the idea of a devil and hell was created to make people conform to their dogma beliefs. Without the fear of the devil or threat of being burned in hell for eternity, there is nothing else to keep believers from straying from their ideological beliefs.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
So I've come to the place where my faith in God is now greater than my faith in the devil. He just can't be trusted, if there's even a there there, which there was, but not anymore, as he disolves or retreats when the very basis of his existence is nullified by reason, logic and even a healthy dose of humor, mirth and charm (which as the opening quote in the OP says, only makes him go away all the faster! lol).

Therfore I would say that the devil can exist, if you let him, but, that if you really get the joke and take on some of the responsibility for it yourself, he's bound, or sent screaming from the scene of his crime which was you under his influence.

"Sin with courage!" that's my motto. If I must sin, but it's also good to explore what the domain of less and less sin looks and feels like as a possibility, and I am convinced that there is a demarcation threshold point beyond which the devil's existance needn't be even worth considering and if so as an absurd joke.

What i think many of us percieve is a type of "evil empire" and world system and centers of influence and power in the mainstream media and all the economic levers and the like, but that's a different form from some sort of tempter who's always laughing at us when we f up. And to the degree that it's a real evil, isn't that the same one that the little man Jesus went up against?

I honestly believe that Jesus held in reserve for us the last laugh at the devil's expense, but in a way that wasn't the least bit unreasonable and therefore accessible to reason and logic and humor, which is the knowledge of true understanding.

Everything that's absurd and totally out to lunch and insecure. That's the devil in our midst. It's pathetic. Not strong.

If we can trust Jesus, we could even say to the whole mountain of wicked historical causation - MOVEand be casat into the abyss, and it would move.

Oh we all of such little faith!

That's where the devil's doing and has accomplished much, but evertyhing can turn on a dime in the twinkling of an eye because once the mind and heart changes shape it cannot go back to its original configuration. Once bound the devil remains bound.

Many Christians love to argue, hard, for the devil, still to this day (post cross).

Not this one.

Be blesses! (not blessed be),

Ankh

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I believe the idea of a devil and hell was created to make people conform to their dogma beliefs. Without the fear of the devil or threat of being burned in hell for eternity, there is nothing else to keep believers from straying from their ideological beliefs.

Yes, but there's still a "problem of evil", and we can see if manifestations and even feel it's effects, like a poisoned matrix, from the possibility of a golden age or even a better world.

We have to take the world as it is, without pretending that we do not see what's so terribly wrong.

Maybe its just human nature, but i and many of us detect a type of conspiracy or as something going on, but what i like about what Terrance McKenna said, it's not in their control, to which i would add that "they" do not really know what they are really doing. They're'a'll all bafoons just looking out for number one.

I think that when we get clear of the devil and/or clear the devil away, that the field of possibility that opens up is much much wider.

He's not worth hanging onto like some sort of stuffed animal, even if you're a Christian believer or rationalist, as I am (they should read to the last page of the Bible and consider it whole).

I believe i was visited by the devil and carried the devil on my back.

I have a personal experience, and here I am now arguing for his non-existence, any more.

That's absurd. Even my best attempts to tackle this honesly and with Jungian archetypes, signs, synchroniscities, the works, it, the devil, is still absurd.

So what I could say to people is don't be afraid and do not fight or empower "it", and that therefore it's much better to consider him gone, or as i am convinced, beaten and no longer relevant, but just not existing is good enough.

That doesn't mean to say however that the rains won't come and the winds beat upon our (your) house, which will be frightening, may you have the rock of the foundation of true reason and logic and love in Christ and rest assured that you are safe and secure in the love of God as the very reason for the seasons.

God bless!

Ankh

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
Of course we all know that to this very day, war, is a type of ritual global sacrifice to the devil by so-called practitioners of black magick, these so-called globalist PTB. But here's the real hidden secret. They are just idiots. They don't have a clue what's really going on any more than you or I do?

Then thanks to these Luciferians, the entire world is totally screwed as they use their weapons to make their Book of Lies (Bible) come true every day.

A perfect example is turning 1/3 of all World water bitter. They did this by using scalar weaponry to send a tidal wave into Fukushima making the entire Pacific Ocean radioactive (bitter).

Maybe its time for them to make this planet join the Asteroid Belt when they cause a nuclear war that will break all continental plates apart.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
back in 2011, iwas loudly chased around by the devil. he used a neural connection to know what i was thinking and kept making sound effects of bombs going off, while saying in an insane voice from the sky "im the devil". he also torchured beings i could also hear. he kept telling me to "die on the checkerboard" and "sacrifice myself to him". im actually having trouble believing it was actually the devil, but actually a electronic harrassment character, one of many ive heard for the last 7 years. suffice it to say, it was terrifying.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Well if they are using the Bible then they're on the wrong side of it. More likely trying to re-write history to that we'll never get to the wedding of the spirit and the bride (comingling of the spirit of man and God in partnership). You know, to keep the status quo in place, to their benefit and keep everyone thinking something else is relevant, so as to control the dialectic.

There could be an evil conspiracy, for sure, it's probably likely, as we mentioned, but if they're using anything they are definitely misusing and abusing, so don't blame the Bible because i wouldn't be speaking to you as a sane and reasonable person without my knowledge of Jesus' thinking and approach to the fundamental problem of evil empire and evil at all levels.

The devil also would like to attack the very thing that binds him fast, so be careful how you go about this and precisely how you direct your anger and hatred.

I'm saying it's just a fatal flaw in stupid people, even crazy people, who's very problem is they they might believe in the devil or somehow think of God and the devil as the same being, while also sacrificing human sacrifice to it. That's what this whole war on terror has been for the most part.

Point of this OP and thread, is that we have to see clearly, if we are to grapple with this question adn the problem of evil, through and through, like an axe to the root.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: sanitizedinfo
back in 2011, iwas loudly chased around by the devil. he used a neural connection to know what i was thinking and kept making sound effects of bombs going off, while saying in an insane voice from the sky "im the devil". he also torchured beings i could also hear. he kept telling me to "die on the checkerboard" and "sacrifice myself to him". im actually having trouble believing it was actually the devil, but actually a electronic harrassment character, one of many ive heard for the last 7 years. suffice it to say, it was terrifying.

Trippy! Even more pronounced than my own experience.

I noted the word was. I hope that you've come to the place that i have..

When it got really bad for me, I saw a cube in the sky and percieved something that i was calling a "Godbox". which was also haunting my dream-like and taunting me with terrible awakenings and terrible dreams, among other very physical effects, all intended to scare and terrify, but others to console, comfort and protect.

It was a type of tech, and it was also messing with my computer, phone system at work, and that of my colleages, my Google Nexus phone (now garbage). # was happening all over the place, even people and circumstances that were very unusual, like a bunch of bad actors had been shipped into town to put on some sort of play just for me, but not in my own best interest let us say.

It WAS crazy, but it passed.

I don't describe it as psychosis and I'm not psychotic and I don't suffer from schitszophrenia, so something happened, and it was real.

For me it was like a "nexus" point of manipulation and observation, but with ill will, and not just towards me, but everyone. I just happened to be the "person of interest" of the day. Not funny, very frightenng. I get that part.

But here's no need to continue to empower it. Me I sicked God on them, and they were caught in another box both fo their own making and not with their hand right in the cookie jar. Gone. Just like that. Nevermore. A harsh lesson learned.

It's not fun. I know.

But its over now. It WAS terrifying, at the time...

Best regards,

Ankh

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
if they're using anything they are definitely misusing and abusing, so don't blame the Bible because i wouldn't be speaking to you as a sane and reasonable person without my knowledge of Jesus' thinking and approach to the fundamental problem of evil empire and evil at all levels.

The devil also would like to attack the very thing that binds him fast, so be careful how you go about this and precisely how you direct your anger and hatred.

Their Bible, written by the born liars in the Vatican are the root of all evil.

Look at the contradiction with Yahweh (Allah, Devil) throwing a hissy fit at the guy who buries his one single talent in the sand. Yet the evil Jewish god Yahweh has done nothing about the fact that his banksters have buried millions upon millions of talents world-wide since his orchestrated banking crisis in 2008 with Goldman Sachs and his Rothschild's demon spawn.

Yahweh (devil) will be judged by the poor and damned to the Lake of Fire for eternity on Judgement Day.

The Bible mentions sons turning against fathers, daughters against mothers. Can you imagine what families are going to look like when certain members turn down the Mark of the Beast, and lose out on a million New World currency credits being put into their bank account to jump start the New World Economy with alien technology.

All your god has to do, is wipe out all of those who are making the Bible come true. If he doesn't then billions are going to hell because Yahweh wants them all to suffer for eternity.

Always Judge an Entity by the Fruits it Bares. Just look at what Yahweh is allowing his elite buddies to do now. Go Figger !!

edit on 16-9-2016 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I do agree that it's silly to be afraid, as if the life we live goes on forever and ever without end or cessation - without a period of "rest" to recharge ourselves for another round of living - like the deep sleep which restores our brains every night.

The devil - or evil - or satan - or lets call it "fear of negative feelings", is simply an illusion. When we aren't thinking and simply being - happiness is there. Yet we think, and what compels this thinking other than the minds own referencing a past experience that sees this image as 'terrifying'.

Before and beyond being "spiritual beings", we are embodied human agents that go through a developmental process that shapes our neurophysiology, and so, "attaches" us to a particular way and manner of interpreting the world and our experiences of the World.

You can get deeply caught up within the "shifting baseline syndrome" noted by Daniel Kahneman in his book "thinking, fast and slow", when you keep responding to what you feel as a function of a prior belief, so that belief-feeling, feeling-belief takes the thinker on a stroll down daisy lane, into the shadows of the unreal and non-lasting, i.e. fear, anxiety, depression i.e. evil.

This of course does not exempt anyone from using the arbitration of their consciousness to maximize the good for themselves and for Others, but simply says that you should just trust what your logic and reason shows you about the nature of the reality we live within: things end.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

that seems like a totally one-sided take on the Jewish God. There's at least as much good things he says "be kind to the poor, be righteous etc" as there is massacring and killing.

It's good not to be so dualistic in your thinking. The "trinity" is the middle-way. You have to look for your own blinders and not assume eveything you feel (such as your fervent words in the above post) are true.

As for all the theology and other things written about "suffering for eternity" - I don't really get what this has to do with thread-makers interests.

Also, and to be fair, the Jews (which you appear to be identifying as the root of all evil, which again, seems totally one-sided) don't seem to worship a God as prone to provoking violence as the Muslim Allah. I'm not sure how anyone could debate this.

edit on 16-9-2016 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The devil must exist look at all the chairs and seats they have made for it.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

An essential but ultimately disposable catalyst in the refining and purifying of high quality spiritual material, part of a sifting mechanism that divides quality's in the refining process most commonly known as good and evil but far more complicated than that simple definition.

There are more than one type of devil, there is the fallen angel but even before him there were the angel's whom defiled the world after falling for the daughters of man, by definition this indicated a potential cycle of races and worlds upon the earth were these angel's were perhaps not the best examples of this previous human race from which they had been elevated when the time of there race harvest had come, a harvest is of course in due season and the field is re-sown so that the ascended spirit race may have new members which necessitates a recreation of a more primitive but not too primitive version of themselves in due course then managing that race within controlled limit's of freedom until the refined (most desirable spirit's) have grown to sufficiant numbers,. let us make them in our image, man and woman in our image (so the angels whom went into the daughters of man did so because they were poorly refined former human's from a previous race, there spiritual nature was impure as was there re-manifest body's with which they fathered children, there action polluted the new crop with the old crops disease meaning the farmer had to burn the field or in this case wash it away and start again from a selected few seed).

This cycle is part of the true civilization, we are just the grub's, the kid's in the play pen but not a very nice play pen and indeed to refine the quality's they desire we are exposed to such catalyst's and divided, without knowing the true nature of the universe (which is probably a spiritual place with many ascended races not always friendly to one another) or indeed the true nature of the ascended origin race behind this cycle we can not take the perspective necessary to fully analyse the structure we are a part of.

The devil'(s) like I say is ultimately disposable, some may survive from cycle to cycle but likely most are destroyed or recycled for any spiritual energy that may be trapped within them and that energy then re-used and once again refined (Squeezed).

Just a thought.

edit on 16-9-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Do you believe in the physical evolution of our universe - of animal life on earth, and the evolution of Human beings? This view seems pretty much established.

Sometimes I wonder what universe or planet people like you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte
Also, and to be fair, the Jews (which you appear to be identifying as the root of all evil, which again, seems totally one-sided) don't seem to worship a God as prone to provoking violence as the Muslim Allah.

Who said they are separate ?

Always judge an entity by the fruits it bares.

haSatan - Yahweh - El - Allah, are all aliases for the same little god of war a.k.a Baal.

Syria has armory inside its border near the Golan Heights. The Rothschild's want all out war to please their god of war, Baal. So what do they do, oh yes, they send their jet into Syrian territory only days ago.

Wow - they really do want an all out nuclear war with Russia by poking at Syria, Russia's ally.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I believe christianity was started at a time where everyone under the king needed to be controlled, what better way to conrol people than a made up malicious entity?
You see, i believe we as a people, are the devil
A king would be most afraid of an uprising by the people, so religion was forced on the poor and the like
If you turn the cross upside down it looks more like a sword to me......reiligion is the original militarization control
Think about it
Visualize it
You will see

N.i.d.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

I believe that A god or if you like intelligence was and is behind the universe, Evolution is in my mind real but not the origin of life, it is a tool of a creating and refining being used by a being or intelligence that also sometime's create's life complete, I for example do not believe in Ape ancestry but there may indeed be exceptions to that rule.

Now you may assume that all OOPARTS are just object's (I am only positing as I have no idea what you believe) and that creationists or backward hillbilly's latch onto and in some case's you may be correct but by no mean's all, unfortunately they have a habit of disappearing.

Now a farmer plow's his field after the harvest does'nt he, well in this case that mean's the erasing of any previous evidence of previous "worlds" upon the earth but there are exception's to the rule.

If this cyclic harvest has happened and is likely to happen, who know's maybe not even a God but some kind of super civilization then there would be remain's right, at least something would have survived and if it had happened many time's then there would be remain's scattered in time as well from long ago and from just a few hundred thousand years ago.
You've heard of and laughed at ring's, chains and other artifact's in coal, pestle and mortar and modern human skull under a mountain, footprint's in clay beside dinosaur track's at paloxy etc, etc on and on and on.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
While this site may have a lot of crap I do believe this is a valid and true story.
www.s8int.com...
And the same for this site, this one is litterally full of crap but sift for the gem's and make your own interpretation.
www.ancient-origins.net...

There are of course many example's and they are of course not accepted or publicly accessible.

You know what really make's me laugh is all those con artist's whom teach sheep that it is so and make it so that thinking outside of the box and seeing other potentials is automatically classified as looney tune's.

Well sheep are good for one thing - pullovers which is were we get the word pulling the wool over his eye's.

Here are also some lunar anomaly's like a tracked vehicle blown off it's tread's look carefully and the two caterpiller treads are there complete with segmented section's and probably more ancient than that heckler and spray post out of this.

Oh ok then here is the original, in fact I will give you two and here is my interpretation and no they were not little green men they were probably from right here just a very, very, very long time ago before they got HARVESTED.

So here is the low resolution publicity shot eh.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

A higher resolution shot taken as the Rover was actually driving or before the Astronaut positioned himself for the scale in foreground object in background shot, you cant' tell me they did not have a closer look at this thing.

Now my ropy colouring to make part's stand out two halfs of the upturned cab in different colours but you can see yourself unless you have really, really thick lenses, if so no problem I am blind in one eye more or less so know how it feel's.

Turn's out the moon is littered with thing's they don't tell you about, someone did not do as good a job cleaning up after the harvest eh?.

And were they people like us?.
But hey that so many stone's is'nt it? and people like me see thing's yeah sure.

You really need to stop believing everything you are told is correct and ask for yourself.

Nearly time for the harvest anyway the human race is kind of ripe oh and that mean's the devil's number is up too ha.

Yet this world.

By the way I do happen to be a creationist and believe in Christ but it does not harm to posit possibility's and yes there are probably just stone's, tricks' of light and shadow but I do believe that there are indeed a band of ill intentioned reject's that mean us harm, the devil and company being them.
edit on 16-9-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Simple, he's the antagonist required to make a story more interesting.

Just think how boring religion would be if God was able to use his godlike reasoning and stopped him.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
"The Devil" is a part of us all, our good nature met with evil intentions..Two sides of the same coin, no one can escape.

We all have inherited this,, it's true (the devil's finest trick was to persuade you he doesn't exist)

That says least to me,, (the evil intentions we all have hides behind our good deed's)

He's/she/it,, a concept of our own doing.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Now a farmer plow's his field after the harvest does'nt he, well in this case that mean's the erasing of any previous evidence of previous "worlds" upon the earth but there are exception's to the rule.

Oh, I find it completely plausible - and probable - that there were civilizations that preceded our modern agricultural one (11,000 ya) in the 250,000 or so years since modern Homo Sapiens have existed. My guess is sometime before the explosion of Toba in Indonesia 75,000 years ago, which is more than enough time to "wipe clean" much of the archeological record.

And its probable that this civilization was much more civilized and restrained than we are - perhaps only occupying parts of North and East Africa and the middle east, and maybe spots here and there throughout the globe. Little pockets of civilization that mostly left nature to her doings. And it's also probable that the solid-granite pyramids of giza and other structures around the world which defy our present engineering prowess precede this civilization.

That said, it does not seem likely that you can play this game of "cylicality" infinitely. There was a civilization before this one, but you cannot go back infinitely in time, as there actually is an archeological record showing a gradual evolution of a creature in eastern and southern africa from an "ape" to a Human - so if you aren't going to apply the creationist partiality and say that everything which defies your belief is wrong - or has some sort of mystical explanation - we must accept that if human civilization ever existed prior to 200,000 years ago, it was not on this planet.

ou've heard of and laughed at ring's, chains and other artifact's in coal, pestle and mortar and modern human skull under a mountain, footprint's in clay beside dinosaur track's at paloxy etc, etc on and on and on.

Who knows? But why would an alien civilization come to a living planet with super-high levels of oxygen in its atmosphere, and little or no mammalian life on the ground? Why can't you just trust the geological record? Furthermore, since stones cannot be carbon dated (they possess no decaying carbon) it is nothing more than wishful thinking - or does this not exist, wishful thinking?

Well sheep are good for one thing - pullovers which is were we get the word pulling the wool over his eye's.

Why such a denigrating tone? People can't help but believe whatever it is will make their feeling state (affects) cognitively coherent for them.

Not a fan of looking at other people with the sort of contempt that the "awakened ones" - people who have been enlivened by major spiritual energies - are wont to do. Is it necessary? Wouldn't paying attention to their lived context (inner experiences, life stresses, etc) make their "sheepishness" perfectly understandable, as it seems to me?

Now my ropy colouring to make part's stand out two halfs of the upturned cab in different colours but you can see yourself unless you have really, really thick lenses, if so no problem I am blind in one eye more or less so now how it feel's.

I'm not sure what your attitude towards biophysics is, but a recent book from Sante Fe institute researchers Harold Morowitz and Eric Smith, very heavy in its analytic depth (both in biochemistry and complex mathematics) "The Origin and Nature of Life on Earth: The Emergence of the 4th Geosphere", present a picture of the physical world which seems to harbor a fundamental capacity to generate life from natural self-organizing processes i.e. you don't actually need anything besides time, space and the most relaxed set of conditions for life to emerge.

With that in mind, I see life on our planet as emerging largely naturally - and that includes Human life (since the entire thing can be reconstructed from lemurs -> monkeys -> apes -> hominids). But that also means that although life is incredibly improbable - it requires a suite of conditions that many call "the anthropic principle", the universe seems more than large enough to have an overwhelmingly large number of living planets - many probably producing self-consciousness creatures and beyond. A conservative estimate has some 200 million civilizations - which is overwhelming.

To think that our night sky is only OUR OWN galaxy were looking at puts things into perspective.

As to all the pictures you posted - I have no idea what exactly you're finding to be so interesting. lol. Do you realize we evolved brains designed for detecting patterns i.e. that this has been experimentally proven across the globe, and thus, is far more probable an explanation for the stones you see than whatever it is your brain wants to see?

Delusion exists too you know. It's called "dissociation". Our brain-minds tunnel down pathways that make our Self-World relationship coherent. I think its dangerous to ignore objective scientific reconstructions like this in favor of explanations such as yours - but - to each their own.
edit on 16-9-2016 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join