It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign admits Obama born in the USA.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steak
a reply to: Gryphon66

Obama's Dad is Kenyan, hence he is half Kenyan.

Kenyan-American

Thanks for proving my point!

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton Campaign Manager Admits 2008 Birther Link

Patti Solis Doyle, who was Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager in 2008 until the Iowa caucuses, admitted on Friday that a Clinton campaign staffer had, in fact, circulated the Birther conspiracy theory that Barack Obama was born outside the U.S. and therefore potentially ineligible to serve in the presidency.

Doyle made the admission on Twitter, as she responded to former George W. Bush spokesman Ari Fleischer. Fleischer said that Clinton’s staff had spread the rumor. Doyle said that was a “lie” — but admitted, in the same tweet, that she had fired the “rogue” staffer who had used email to spread the Birther conspiracy theory.

Doyle appeared about an hour later on CNN with Wolf Blitzer to address the issue once again. She denied that Hillary Clinton had started the Birther theory — then admitted that someone in the Clinton campaign had, in fact, been involved. Here is part their exchange:

Blitzer: Someone supporting Hillary Clinton was trying to promote this so-called Birther issue? What happened?

Doyle: So we — absolutely, the campaign nor Hillary did not start the Birther movement, period, end of story there. There was a volunteer coordinator, I believe, in late 2007, I believe, in December, one of our volunteer coordinators in one of the counties in Iowa — I don’t recall whether they were an actual paid staffer, but they did forward an email that promoted the conspiracy.

Blitzer: The Birther conspiracy?

Doyle: Yeah, Hillary made the decision immediately to let that person go. We let that person go. And it was so, beyond the pale, Wolf, and so not worthy of the kind of campaign that certainly Hillary wanted to run.

Doyle went on to relate how she personally called Obama campaign manager David Plouffe to apologize, and he accepted. Blitzer then asked her about the Mark Penn memorandum, in which the campaign’s strategist proposed exploiting Obama’s “lack of American roots.” Doyle asserted, and Blitzer agreed, that the memo had nothing to do with Birtherism.

click link for article.....

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Steak

Lol! Okay genius.
What country is Kenya in?

FYI - Kenya is a country.

In East Africa.

Is East Africa a country genius?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So a staffer made a ridiculous mistake and was fired for it.

The Clinton Campaign didn't approve of such a statement, and apparently Clinton didn't either, since she fired them.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

A staffer who forwarded an email. The nonsense didn't start with the staffer.
edit on 9/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Who composed the email?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I don't know.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I don't know.

Neither do I.

I'm glad they came to the appropriate conclusion in '08.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Who composed the email?

Maybe it will be in one of the upcoming Wiki-leaks releases, if they're going that far back. At any rate, like Trump said today, Hillary started it, but he's finishing it. "Obama was born in the USA.. period."

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Who composed the email?

Maybe it will be in one of the upcoming Wiki-leaks releases, if they're going that far back. At any rate, like Trump said today, Hillary started it, but he's finishing it. "Obama was born in the USA.. period."

Hmmm... who can say what the future will bring?

However, the facts are ... Hillary Clinton didn't start the Birther movement, and Trump's comments (which he may change tomorrow or next week, given his record) won't end it.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Kenyan-American

Sorry but that's a fact - If you're saying he was raised in America then yes I agree.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Hillary started it
He lied, she didn't start it.

but he's finishing it. "Obama was born in the USA.. period."
Are you sure he finished it?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Kenyan-American

Sorry but that's a fact - If you're saying he was raised in America then yes I agree.

Born in America, he's an American. Just like any one of us who was born here.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Kenyan-American

He's an American who also held Kenyan Citizenship. He lost it on his 23rd Birthday.

www.factcheck.org...
edit on 16-9-2016 by Steak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Kenyan-American

He's an American who also held Kenyan Citizenship. He lost it on his 23rd Birthday.

Well, technically, he was at birth a citizen of both the United States and the United Kingdom and Colonies.

When Kenya became independent in '63 he COULD have become a citizen of Kenya thereby.

Obama never acknowledged that option, renounced his American citizenship, or accepted Kenyan Citizenship.

Further, technically, he would have lost it at age 21 when he became an adult (no dual citizenship under Kenyan law) and would have had two years in which to make that declaration.

He was born an American, and has lived as an American.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

so now that his holiness said obama was born in the usa all his loyal followers will fall in line with him and agree? if thats the case trump supporters are blind sheep!!!!! i bet if tomorrow trump says he is not going to build a wall and he is going to work with the illegals on a pathway to citizenship all his supporters would call him a genius and agree.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Kenyan-American

Well, technically, he was at birth a citizen of both the United States and the United Kingdom and Colonies.

When Kenya became independent in '63 he COULD have become a citizen of Kenya thereby.

Obama never acknowledged that option, renounced his American citizenship, or accepted Kenyan Citizenship.

Further, technically, he would have lost it at age 21 when he became an adult (no dual citizenship under Kenyan law) and would have had two years in which to make that declaration.

He was born an American, and has lived as an American.

That's incorrect - his dad became a citizen in 1963 so he was as well.

2. Every person who, having been born outside Kenya, is on 11th December, 1963 a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies or a British protected person shall, if his father becomes, or would but for his death have become, a citizen of Kenya by virtue of subsection (1), become a citizen of Kenya on 12th December, 1963.

Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1984

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

So, it is just as apt to say he was a citizen of the US, the U.K. and Kenya?

LOL.

Technically, yes. However, he was born an American and has lived as an American.

I sometimes claim to be Irish on St. Patty's Day too.

/shrug

EDIT: By the way Steak ... I know you mentioned that you've been a lurker but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Looks like you copied some material there ... you probably need to cite the source.

Welcome to ATS!

edit on 16-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Is there a point you are trying to make?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Is there a point you are trying to make?

No - just trying to help Gryphon66 understand our Presidents citizenship. I find a lot of Americans seem to think America is the only country that counts when a childs parent(s) are from another country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join