It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
So. One of my weird fanboy hobbies is to follow musicians who have the hojos to go solo when they really shouldn't have.

This is going to be obscure on top of obscure.

Lately I've been digging Steven Page (who?) He's Canada's golden-throated choir boy.

He was well known as one of the lead voices (and songwriters) of the Barenaked Ladies (another WHO?)

In my opinion, he has the passion, but not quite the balance or direction that made him great with the Ladies.

Nevertheless, I do carry his solo albums and there are some noteworthy tunes among them.

I'll share just a few from his latest, as they have been especially important songs to me this year.

edit on 15-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
That is the BNL core voice. Love it.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

He didn't want to go solo, but was booted from TBNL when the coc aine scandal broke. Their image was too squeeky clean to keep him on board.

Choir boy? Not so much.
edit on 16-9-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

I know. Used the term ironically.

Can you provide a source for him being booted though?

To me it always seemed he was the one not really into sharing the stage. He even seems to say something along the lines of he hates touring with strangers, during the Stunt tour.

I could never find much info on the breakup.

I do however think Ed is rocking the band without Steve so it wasn't the most terrible decision.

edit on 16-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

join