It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

just being stupid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused

Was at the store the other day and a 2 liter of Dr. Pepper was $1.29, and a 1 liter was $1.69.

I see this a lot.

I see a pack of beer, and individual cans. It ends up being cheaper by far to get them individually instead of the pack.

I also see organic produce labeled cheaper that non-organic sometimes.

I do a lot of stupid things. A lot! If I weren't so stoopid I could probably think of some examples to share.

I ask out a lot of lesbians. Does that count?

...or maybe that's just what they've all been saying..

edit on 15-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

No just ban the type of grass grown to a more user friendly type of grass

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You have to get the extra large flea collars to put around your neck if you want to keep the fleas off of you. Putting it on your dog is not going to protect you from getting fleas.

Why not just make a flea shirt?

Wouldn't it be hard to sew a shirt for a flea?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

You have to get the extra large flea collars to put around your neck if you want to keep the fleas off of you. Putting it on your dog is not going to protect you from getting fleas.

Why not just make a flea shirt?

Wouldn't it be hard to sew a shirt for a flea?

LMAO.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well over a decade ago, I was filling a lighter in my kitchen... there was some over run and typically I light the lighter to quicker burn the excess off to not get a chemical burn on the thigh from being in the pocket.

So I light it and I am standing there only wearing these red military shorts known as "silkies" and my whole hand ignites so I think sink... but then equate that with water and see the stove ah ha that can handle fire so I toss it at the stove top and promptly swat the fire out to the rear of my silkies... the lighter hits the stove bounces off a burner and falls between the stove and counter. I walk over there bend down to take a look... it is still lit and well cabinets made out of wood and fire equals bad... so I casually walk across the kitchen to get a broom because there is no way I can reach it to fish it out of there by hand... get the broom and return to the kitchen and lo and behold my curtains are on fire... puzzled I walk over there and swat them out in a brushing motion with the broom... now that those are out I look to see if the lighter spread it it hadn't and at that moment it dawned on me my ass had set the curtains on fire as I bent over... my silkies were still ablaze so I swat my ass putting out the fire and retrieve the lighter.

So here I am casually walking around for a good 30 seconds to the broom closet and back and putting out a curtain fire that I had set a blaze with my own ass which was still on fire without even realizing it...

I so wished this was on like security camera view... just seeing me causally strolling around the apartment ass on fire eh and no big deal just setting curtains on fire with my ass is all.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I once purposefully took too many benadryl's (diphenhydramine) before school and wrote my name beginning with a triangle on a pop quiz. Same year I repeated the stupidity and told a teacher I was in a cave.

Diphenhydramine causes delusions at too high a dose.

My allergies haven't bothered me since, though!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well, I apparently married my ex-wife at one point.

That was pretty stupid.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Doesn't that just burn your ass when that happens?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Funny stuff i would like to have seen that too....

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

Ha... I see what you did there.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

Not at all just curtains or it would have been put out first.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well, S&F for an entertaining read! I don't think I've ever done anything close to a lot of what's posted here! Sorry to disappoint.

I can share funny, though. We kept bees when I was in junior high, and one night, one apparently got up my jeans leg. Now. I wore "painted-on"-tight jeans in those days, zipper and button, no snaps. Waking across the kitchen, I felt something zing my leg. No idea what it was - snake, spider, scorpion - all flashing through my mind - I wanted out of those pants! My sister, behind me, said I jumped about three feet into the air, and came down pant-less, with them on the floor, and me poking around to see what got my leg. She couldn't stop laughing. Video of that would have won the prize on television, I am sure! No idea how I did it.

Alright, one stupid thing. In a glass house, at a carnival or park someplace, I ran into a wall. Then another. Then another. Had a knot before I decided putting a hand in front of me was a good idea!

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

yeah they lied... unless your pregnant and about to give birth...

Personally i think they're full of BS ... but that's just me.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The stupidest thing I've ever done? I listened to my sister in law and moved to West Virginia with her and my brother. It cost me most of my stuff and my dogs. Lesson learned.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I got married.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Me too but I was able to fix that one.

I had just moved to Florida-I loved it-felt free-felt right.

Not paying much attention; just taking it all in with my adult daughter.

Decided to get back on the mainland and the road took a turn and I was going pretty fast, didn't notice the pretty blinking lights and then the street had turned into a bridge that was rising and I saw those white bars coming down behind me as my car rose.

I'm not used to bridges and my daughter started screaming and two little uniformed men stood outside of a little building waving at us and yelling. Well; I never. Was so embarrassed.

We waited by ourselves on the on the wrong side of the bridge till it was lowered back down and we reversed the car to the other side of that blinking white bar.

Oh, the dumb thing. When the bridge started going up with us on it-I've seen the movies-I revved the engine -thought I could maybe jump the distance-til my sane daughter screamed no! You can't make that. I was kinda disappointed-thought that would have been fun. I really wanted to try-

Moral of story-be careful crossing the state line to Florida-something happens to your brain.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

The moral of the story is only do it with cop suspension and cop shocks

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

The first time I played a paintball match, I had one of those masks on. All that running gave me some phlegm and I was grossed out by it. So... I spit it out. Into my mask. So... gross. Like, really gross.

Feel better?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I love that movie....

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
My high school ex's dad worked for a company that had a private park ground outside of town. That became a favorite hangout for us for a couple years in high school. We took to taking two or three cars out there and tearing around, sometimes on the paths, sometimes cutting across, chasing each other play car tag.

We would sometimes have people riding on the roofs too. This continued until one of us cut across a field and hit a ditch no one could see at a highish rate of speed, stopping it rather suddenly.

Luckily, no one was riding on top, and the car in question was one of those solid tank cars from the '70s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join