It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a Basket of Deplorables

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
Why not just make them legal now? Less bloodshed - less money - presto magico - done

Why not enforce the laws that are on the books before adding more?
edit on 18-9-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

All of what I wrote is based on things Trump has actually promised or said he would either like to see or wants to accomplish

"Based on" as in "I am making my own conclusions" from what I would like to think this means, not necessarily what it actually means. So your version of Trump's America is like a Hollywood movie based on a true story? Sort of like 300 as compared to the actual, historical Battle of Thermopylae.

To be fair, we can all play this game, and most of us have.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
To be fair, we can all play this game, and most of us have.

It's all you can do. He hasn't done anything yet. All you have is plans "Based on" his words.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I suppose Hillary would call me a number of things for posting the following video, esp. "deplorable." heheheee

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Fixed that for you. The USA is one nation. No one forces you to say "under God".

Trump just said that's what he wants

Have you not heard?

You've fixed nothing. This is what we're talking about - Trump, and Clinton. It's about what they've both said - and who has the right to be the most offended

Right now you're claiming you have that right. Your entire post is so angry. So now Trump is your guy Teikiatsu? Because liberals hurt your feelings?

You defend her. So my question still stands: Are you a willing accomplice of social balkanization, or a useful idiot?

Ms. Clinton was right - some of Trumps supporters are deplorable

edit on 9/18/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

What you will accept or won't accept - at this point? A vote for Trump is a vote for the package deal

Not completely. People can put pressure on politicians between election cycles. Granted, not to the same extent as during an election cycle, but pressure nonetheless.

There will never be a politician who I am in total agreement with. I doubt there will ever be a person I am in total agreement with. Opinions and perspectives vary widely and the myriad of complex issues is huge... or should I say... YUGE!

Why not just make them legal now? Less bloodshed - less money - presto magico - done

That's like trying to fill up a bucket with a rusted-out bottom. Not gonna work, no matter how many times you try it. Without a border, we might as well make all Mexicans into American citizens and annex Mexico, because they will continue to come, in ever-increasing numbers, all expecting to be welcomed with open arms. We can't support the population of both countries on the economy of one. We aren't able to support ourselves without massive debt.

We did that back during Reagan. The problem worsened.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You're not following the conversation

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You seriously suggested annexing Mexico

I seriously suggested making them citizens now would be easier, cheaper and less violent

Or are we not being serious Redneck? You tell me

:-)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

"Based on" as in "I am making my own conclusions" from what I would like to think this means, not necessarily what it actually means. So your version of Trump's America is like a Hollywood movie based on a true story? Sort of like 300 as compared to the actual, historical Battle of Thermopylae.

Why does everything your boy Donny says require so much over-splaining and under explaining?

Why can we not just take him at his word?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That's a good point. Trump does run his campaign (his life, actually) with a healthy dose of humor. Sometimes it's hard to tell when he's making a joke or being serious. He also tends to use a lot of euphemisms.

Personally, I like a little humor.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I am, and so are you. But what you seem to be hearing and what I seem to be hearing are apparently in two different dimensions.

Mandela effect?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I am, unfortunately, being serious with what you have given me to work with. Understand, the illegal immigration issue is not just about the illegals here now. It's also about the ones still coming in. Making every illegal alien already here legal won't stop the ones coming in. If anything, it will increase the number entering illegally because they will be expecting the same reward.

Again, the exact same idea was tried under Reagan in the 80s. He made a deal with Congress: you appropriate the money for a stronger border and I'll sign a bill giving illegal aliens legal status. He signed the bill; Congress refused to provide the funds. The result was that within a few years, the number of new illegals was several times what they were before.

No. You stop the leak before you mop up the floor.

If we go your way, within a few more years most of Mexico's population now will be here demanding legal status. If we're going to support the Mexican population, why not just support them where they are? Why make them sneak in?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Pretty much. I know this has been explained many, many times before. It was a classic Congressional Compromise. One side gets exactly what it wants right away while the other side gets promised what it wants in exchanged at some unspecified time years in the future, but only if that future Congress upholds the deal.

Usually, that future Congress doesn't, the people have forgotten, and no one is the wiser for how the compromise actually wasn't.

So this time, I think border control comes first and any talk of legalizing can be that future promise.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

If you say so......it doesn't appear that way to me. They are most definitely attacking me an my supposed "beliefs" for going with Trump rather Than Clinto.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
If you say so......it doesn't appear that way to me. They are most definitely attacking me an my supposed "beliefs" for going with Trump rather Than Clinto.

Of course they are. You take a side, you open yourself up to criticism. That is why people on both sides are left trying to explain what their leader "really meant".

It's happening on both sides. In your example you are the one trying to be right without sounding negative. Dems explaining what Clinton meant in this thread would be the opposite.
edit on 18-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I personally have no problem with the Mexicans. But, then - I'm practically a hippy

They have been unofficially welcome here for decades - and to pretend otherwise is just dishonest

They're humans first as far as I'm concerned - and if we want to imagine they are the kind of problem that needs eradicating - then your problem will never be solved

Here are some facts :-)

Now - we're off topic. Hillary said you were deplorable

You still pissed about that - or not?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not true. Everything he says seems to require a whole nuther human being to go on the television and try and make America see what he's saying

Hillary says stuff - and you might not like it - but it all seems pretty straight forward and easily understood

I thought Donny had all these really good words? Is he saving them for after the election?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's sad that whenever Trump clarifies what he meant, some people nonetheless maintain that their own interpretation and inventions of his intentions and meaning were in fact Trump's.

Is it sad? So sad? Clarifies what he’s meant? Did that actually happen?

I think we’ve all learned something very important from Donny: Speak your mind - even if that doesn’t amount to much! Toss out political correctness in favor of what passes for brutal, degrading honesty! Let the cow chips fall where they may!

Donald Trump’s supporters - his adoring fans, his loyal followers - the members of his starry eyed base - are bigoted. They’re both racist and homophobic. They’re elitist, misogynistic, antisemitic scum. His uneducated fanboys (and gals) are white supremacist, nazi wannabes - Fuhrer frenching, Himmler humping lovers of all things contemptible and vile. They are criminals - and rapists…

And some, we assume - are good people

You might disagree with my views, but they’re my views and I’m entitled to them. Would you like me to clarify them for you?

Do you think that it's even possible that the people who agree with me and support me might also be better than me?

Could you please clarify what you meant by your OP? Maybe I misunderstood

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

It's sad that whenever Trump clarifies what he meant, some people nonetheless maintain that their own interpretation and inventions of his intentions and meaning were in fact Trump's.

Is it sad? So sad? Clarifies what he’s meant? Did that actually happen?

I think we’ve all learned something very important from Donny: Speak your mind - even if that doesn’t amount to much! Toss out political correctness in favor of what passes for brutal, degrading honesty! Let the cow chips fall where they may!

Donald Trump’s supporters - his adoring fans, his loyal followers - the members of his starry eyed base - are bigoted. They’re both racist and homophobic. They’re elitist, misogynistic, antisemitic scum. His uneducated fanboys (and gals) are white supremacist, nazi wannabes - Fuhrer frenching, Himmler humping lovers of all things contemptible and vile. They are criminals - and rapists…

And some, we assume - are good people

You might disagree with my views, but they’re my views and I’m entitled to them. Would you like me to clarify them for you?

Do you think that it's even possible that the people who agree with me and support me might also be better than me?

Could you please clarify what you meant by your OP? Maybe I misunderstood

You condemn people for thought crimes, for the content of their thoughts, for how they think. Trump condemned criminals for their actions, their illegal entry, their raping, their drug dealing. Thinking is not a criminal action. Breaking the law is by definition criminal action. Your priorities are backwards, and is evidence you care about your own thoughts, your own feelings, while condemning the thoughts and feelings of others. You are entitled to do that all you want, of course.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You condemn people for thought crimes, for the content of their thoughts, for how they think. Trump condemned criminals for their actions, their illegal entry, their raping, their drug dealing. Thinking is not a criminal action. Breaking the law is by definition criminal action. Your priorities are backwards, and is evidence you care about your own thoughts, your own feelings, while condemning the thoughts and feelings of others. You are entitled to do that all you want, of course.

Why so literal Les?

I'll let you get back to defending your heartthrob - now that I know you're dead serious, and not really interested in the bigger picture

I hope you are all comfy cozy on your right side of history. Someone will hopefully thank you for your service

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join