It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a Basket of Deplorables

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I never said those words so, how exactly were you repeating my words?

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's some word yoga.

That is the thing with Trump though, isn't it, say vague things and let people fill it in with what they want.

I like the way you start off pointing the finger at the mexican government and then end up saying that it could mean many things. Almost like the first part of your post didn't even convince you and you need to have other options.

You right here accused me of pointing a finger at the Mexican government. Then when I asked where I said such, you responded "right there," meaning, apparently, where I quoted you.

Do you need a few minutes to remember what you said? I don't mind.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Ah, well feel free to substitute whatever PC term, synonymous with 'deplorable' thanks to Clinton, you want. You seem to be good at defining labels.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You really don't see how you are blaming Hillary while defending Trump for the very same thing?

"'Mexico' can refer to..." is you providing t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ extra wiggle room.

ETA: Mahatche is right, Trump provided his own wiggle room by saying some border jumpers are good hardworking people.

Border-jumpers are not American citizens, nor the people the American president is supposed to represent.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Ah, well feel free to substitute whatever PC term, synonymous with 'deplorable' thanks to Clinton, you want. You seem to be good at defining labels.

I'm not PC so I'm not sure why I would do that.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

So you repeated my words in a post previous to the one in question? You're slick.

ETA: For clarification the right there referred to that very same post where you said:

When did I point my finger at the Mexican government, other than to indicate they are not providing well for their citizens?

Referring to a post previous to the one you just quoted.
edit on 17-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

While it may not be in the best interest of all americans, that in no way makes the statement untrue.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

While it may not be in the best interest of all americans, that in no way makes the statement untrue.

Are we still on the "deplorable" comment?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

So did I when I started in this conversation. It's difficult to much sorting when one is having to teach English and remind others of their own statements.

Why don't we all take a break, and let folks figure out what they said and maybe read a dictionary. I'll be here when you get back.

My friends, my family, my culture, and a good bit of my country has been called deplorable by someone wanting to lead us, and by those who support her. Believe you me, I am not going anywhere.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Are we still on the "deplorable" comment?

The post you replied to referred to statements made by both. Not about who the POTUS represents.

So, I guess in part, yes.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

No need. I know what I said.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Deplorable Lives Matter too hilliary!So how does a presidential candidate reach out to millions of people she has mortally offended?Keep up the alienation Hdawg.
edit on CDTSatpm6261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: mOjOm

But considering that more and more people are polling for Trump every day, that means we are a rapidly "deplorabalizing" country now. There are more and more people who are becoming deplorable every day, even if only 50% of Trump backers wear that label.

Yes. There are many deplorable people all around us. More and more every day. They seem to be a growing number of them who are now openly wearing their deplorable traits like badges of honor.

I don't find this any more pleasing than you do.

I think she made a disastrous mistake by calling half of her opposition deplorable using labels that too many of us have been hung with over the course of the past 8 years for no reason other than that we don't agree with one policy position or another. And now those terms have largely lost their bite as much of anything except as an insult meant to silence.

For those of you who have been labeled incorrectly that is unfortunate. It happens a lot to just about everyone so you're not alone if that makes a difference. However, for some the label does in fact correctly fit. I'm not sure what you want to do about it though. Also, it doesn't seem to have lost much of it's bite from the reaction I'm seeing.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Unbelievable logic !

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

She doesn't have to. Her supporters can handle that part:

I see. So you admit she didn't say that even though that was the point of your argument earlier. In other words you're just choosing to be dishonest even when you know that is what you're doing.

It's too bad you rely on such tactics of propaganda and misinformation around here especially when acting in the capacity of a moderator.

As far as winwords comment goes. It seems like it's YOU who are insisting that All Trump Supporters are the same and therefore Deplorable. Not Winword.

Again. If you don't fit the description of Xenophobic, Sexist, etc. then I don't know why you'd be including yourself with them in being called Deplorable.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

From your post " Most Trump supporters don't openly admit support because the left can't contain their violent tendencies when they encounter "The enemy". When will you all realize that your political dogma is toxic and destructive to the republic? "
I was speaking to a very wise older friend this week . He lives in a really affluent area and was saying how in most election years there are yard signs all over the place, every yard and every street corner. He called this the ' stealth ' election because no one is brave enough to just post a sign in the yard of who they are voting for because of fear of a backlash. I don't know if that is only Trump supporters or if both sides are too fearful to publicly show who they support. But since he said it I have not seen a single sign ANYWHERE for any candidate . Also, I don't think I've seen a bumper sticker for either.

Has anyone seen lots of signs or bumper stickers in their area?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: mahatche

Is what she did any different from Trump, who says "we have a problem with Group A, but I'm sure some are good hard working people." repeatedly PLAYING both sides. It's basic politics, first you call people bad apples, but then you say not everyone is a bad apple, in hopes of snaring poor suckers who fear being seen as bad apples. Simple.

Big difference. Trump has promised to represent all American citizens, whether they voted for him or not, while Hilary slanders millions of her fellow citizens, and the very people she is campaigning to govern.

Trump doesn't slander millions of his fellow citizens?

Donald said you can't trust the men in our military to not rape women who also serve. He said "what did these geniuses expect" Is he suggesting our military is made up of obvious rapists? And that the women who serve are stupidly putting themselves in danger? I know we aren't PC, but think of all the veterans he counts as potential rapists. A lot of voters and good tax paying citizens.

Donald trump once came out and made it known that he thought Golf should only be played by the elites. Apparently hitting balls with sticks is a lot less enjoyable when one of the millions of poor people in this country get to play along. A lot of American's are poor.

The blacks, natives, and mexicans who bring up the crime rates everywhere they go (according to trump and his followers) are also citizens. I know, i know, not every mexican! he said he loves mexicans! he eats taco bowls! i know i know! but Hillary said not all trump supporters.

Now we both agree Hillary is a snake, he words are almost entirely lies. But is it really that unreasonable for a politician to play into crowds who think racism, sexism, and xenophobia are a problem? Aren't they? Aren't some trump supporters white supremacists? Why can we only point out problems in some demographics but not others?
edit on 09pm03pm302016-09-17T15:33:59-05:0003America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I think she made a disastrous mistake by calling half of her opposition deplorable

Why, was there a chance that they were going to change their minds and vote for her?

It may have made a lot more of Trump's supporters turn into actual voters. I think we all know there's a big % of any support that never really bother to go and vote.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
After protests in St Louis trump responded by saying

"These are not good people, folks. Just so you understand. I heard this was going to happen and they said, “Mr. Trump, would you like to cancel?” I said absolutely not. These are not good people. These are not the people that made our country great. We’re going to make it great again, but these are not the people. These are the people that are destroying our country. (loud cheers and applause)"

He doesn't say they are wrong, he says they are bad people, destroying the country. He has said "they are bad people" every time someone protests him, is everyone who opposes him a bad person? Not only are they bad people, he dreams about "the good ol days" when protestors were taken out on stretchers.

How is he any different?
edit on 09pm03pm302016-09-17T15:35:14-05:0003America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I thought we now lived in a time where saying what you thought out loud was to be applauded?

Hillary wasn't wrong - she just wasn't being PC

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You're jumping the shark, there brother, and putting words in my mouth, words I never said or even hinted at. We're just not that close for you to take such liberties with me.

By the way, I personally find intellectual dishonesty to be a deplorable debate tactic.

edit on 17-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join