It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Donald Trump is impervious to attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Delts95
a reply to: Bloodydagger
Clinton being Clinton helps as well to his election chances of course

Yep, that is part of the equation a lot of people don't get. Her having the Clinton name and already going through the ringer does her no favors in itself. We have a snapshot of sorts what a Hillary POTUS would look like, and its not good. Not good at all.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'll buy that bridge, because I don't think Trump has a plan for ANYTHING. I think he's approached this entire Presidency by just winging it on the way how he thinks things work. You clearly have more faith in him than I do (kind of strange for a non-Trump supporter...). I don't trust him in the slightest and looking at his business history find him to be a con-man of the highest order. So "grand plan"? HAH!

Trump beat debaters during the GOP primary because it is a different debate format than the general election. I already said that in the thread. The primary debates and the general election debates are two completely different things with different circumstances contributing to the victors. You can't just insult someone for a while, then when people get bored of that, switch someone else and start insulting them. You have to stick to the one other person on the stage with you and Trump isn't going to get away with just straight up insulting Hillary for the length of the debate.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Again, you're not grasping the main theme here. Do you really think that anything that comes out of these debates will stick against Trump? After all of this time, nothing has...but all the sudden it will? I don't. If anything, these debates might be counterproductive for HILLARY at this point.

Besides all that......

Debates aren't the place to argue over facts. It's a place for showmanship, and to score as many attacks as possible, using points that sound like they could be true. It's like a (possibly epic) rap battle. If there's one thing Trump can do well, it's showmanship. Hillary can't really do that. She might be right on some of her points (or she might not), but she's a politician, and her trial lawyer skills are very out of date. Trump is at home in that atmosphere. So I'm pretty sure Trump is going to win them by a landslide.
edit on 15-9-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: amicktd

Well, she said half of his supporters were those things. Racists, white supremacist all support Trump. Trump even retweets them on multiple occasions. So racists? Check! Deplorables? Would you call a man punching an elderly woman in the face deplorable?

Are you a racist? I wouldn't know. Are you deplorable? Again, I wouldn't know but why you would lump yourself with them is beyond me.

Would you consider those rare occasions happening from 1/2 of Trump's supporters? Both parties have their crazies, just look at the violent liberals at the Trump rallies. It's been happening for a while now too, but Trump hasn't labeled 1/2 of Hillary's supporters because of those acts. The sad part is it was just leaked that the DNC has been coordinating protests.

Yes, anyone who is willing to attack anyone over political feelings I'd consider deplorable and a sad excuse for a human being. I didn't lump myself in with them, but she definitely won't get my vote because of those statements.
edit on 15-9-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
Debates aren't the place to argue over facts. It's a place for showmanship, and to score as many attacks as possible, using points that sound like they could be true.

Actually arguing over facts is exactly what a debate is.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It's because most of the charges against Trump are no more than thought crimes, and those who charge him, no more than thought police. The old truism "actions speak louder than words" is lost on those who believe the exact opposite.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I guess you didn't read or comprehend my entire post. Because I know that too. Its where you argue over facts that MIGHT or MIGHT not be true. Showmanship is the #1 thing however.

.....plus everything else I said in it.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I guess you didn't read or comprehend my entire post. Because I know that too. Its where you argue over facts that MIGHT or MIGHT not be true.

Innuendo and outright lies have no place in debate.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I guess you didn't read or comprehend my entire post. Because I know that too. Its where you argue over facts that MIGHT or MIGHT not be true.

Be that as it may, its going to happen and it always happens during debates like this. Where have you been?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Be that as it may, its going to happen and it always happens during debates like this. Where have you been?

Yes. I saw the GOP debates. That isn't going to play here.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Not cracking under bengazi issues was self preservation lying, and from the looks of her health she doesn't have much self preservation left in her. If you can't see her for the privileged criminal she is then you head is in the sand further than any trump supporter.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It is not the job of the moderator to call out anyone on lies. It is up to the candidates. You want to stack the deck. I mean, when she said we lost no one in Benghazi based on your logic Lauer should have asked about the compound, right?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Yes. I saw the GOP debates. That isn't going to play here.

So you're saying the moderators will be bias and heavily slanted toward Hillary? Good fair moderators let the debaters debate in their own style. They don't hamstring them with strict rules that benefit one or the other.

And you saw the GOP debates? Boy, dontcha know every word that comes out of Hillary's mouth are all lies and poison? She speaks with a forked tongue.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Oh I'm grasping your theme here. It's that Trump is better than Hillary and # any points I bring to the table about Hillary's debating prowess. The public only wants to hear Trump be Trump. Yeah. I understand what you are laying down. I just don't agree that things will go so simply as you do.

So I'll tell you what, let's just wait and see what happens?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

It is not the job of the moderator to call out anyone on lies. It is up to the candidates. You want to stack the deck. I mean, when she said we lost no one in Benghazi based on your logic Lauer should have asked about the compound, right?

Trump supporters don't get to cite Lauer and ask about him not fact checking Hillary after that sorry excuse for a soft ball interview he did with Trump.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So I'll tell you what, let's just wait and see what happens?

Fair enough!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Only to those ignorant enough to buy his spin. They ARE loud, communal and won't listen to anything against Trump. Then there's the rest of the electorate. Enjoy the high now. Reality will bring you to earth Nov 8th. Then you can start calling him a RINO.

It isn't about ignorance.

It is because the alternative to Trump is always Hillary.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
She may not even make it to the debates.

She could zone out onstage again at some rally, pass out in public again which would be an ender, or just open up her hateful foul mouth once more telling the nation what she really thinks of the voters in meat suits that are so below her.

If she does make it to the debates, Trump will destroy her. Her fawning worshippers won't see it of course but the landslide after the election will make his decisive debate victory go down in history.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Only to those ignorant enough to buy his spin. They ARE loud, communal and won't listen to anything against Trump. Then there's the rest of the electorate. Enjoy the high now. Reality will bring you to earth Nov 8th. Then you can start calling him a RINO.

It is because the alternative to Trump is always Hillary.

And Hillary leaves a far worse foul taste in peoples mouth than Trump does. This election is about picking the lesser of the two evils (overused term I know) - But its true. The common thing I keep hearing from folks, is that we can survive 4 years of Trump's mouth, but with Hillary things tend to get a little murky because shes the type of person who can be talked into doing anything if enough money is thrown at her. Plus the fact that she is a puppet of the elite. She says what they want her to say.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Trump supporters don't get to cite Lauer and ask about him not fact checking Hillary

Why not? I thought we live in the good old U.S.A!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join