It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Stop The Blame Game

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I am 51 years old and have seen the decline first hand. No one takes the blame for the things they do. Don't see it, simple turn on Cops or Parking wars and so forth. It's real simple to me if you get a parking ticket, speeding ticket or what ever it's YOUR fault not those paid to enforce those laws.

I watch a show like Parking Wars, for example, and see people parking in a bus stop that is clearly posted NO PARKING. They get a ticket and have the same thing to say. "I was only there for a minute you could have just given me a warning" First the sign says NO PARKING; NO meaning NOT AT ALL EVER. It does not mean it's ok if your only there for a minute. Second you had 2 warnings and ignored them. 1: The drivers test telling you what the signs say. 2: The sign itself clearly says you are not allowed to park there. This is true everywhere it says not to do something THE SIGN IS THE WARNING.

When I was a kid if a person was pulled over for speeding the driver might not be happy about getting caught but they did not blame the officer. Today someone gets pulled over they start cussing out the officer yelling and screaming about being in a hurry so the laws don't apply or what ever, then they go home and tell friends and family how the cop was rude and disrespectful and had no reason to stop you. All this in front of your kids. No flash forward a few years and your kid is being pulled over how do you think they will react? They refuse to stop because "I know my rights and I don't think I did anything that gives you the right to pull me over" So they don't stop end up being chased maybe get killed or kill others and end up in jail or worse. All because you were unwilling to admit you were wrong.

Where was your compassion when you blew through the stop light risking the lives of other drivers. Or blocked that handicap ramp just to park 10 feet closer to the ATM. Did it ever cross your mind that the officer is only doing the job WE pay him to do, or do you simply believe that the laws don't apply to you.

I guess what I'm saying is IF YOU crash into the building it's NOT the cars fault. If the breaks failed it's your fault for not maintaining them in working order. If your kid ends up bad don't blame the kid down the street because, first it's your kid and YOUR job to raise them, and second that kids parents are saying the same thing about yours.

WAKE UP people here's a clue COFFEE is hot, DRUGS have side effects, and RIDING A BIKE AT NIGHT is dangerous without a light. These things are not the fault of the people who make the product, but the people who USE them. If you slip and fall you don't sue the flooring company for not telling you it gets slippery when wet. Common sense should tell you that. Pay more attention to where you step. Bottom line is IF you do something it's YOUR FAULT. The job of raising your kids is YOURS not TV's or music. If you don't like the laws that's fine change them. That doesn't mean you can break them and complain when you get caught.

One more thing IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A HANDICAP TAG DO NOT PARK IN A HANDICAP SPACE. IF THAT HANDICAP PERSON IS NOT IN THE CAR AT THAT TIME YOU MAY NOT (REPEAT NOT) PARK IN THAT SPACE. The person registered to that handicap tag MUST be with you (NOT at home asking you to stop and pick up something for them) for you to use that parking space, and just because no one is parked there at the moment does NOT mean you can use it for just a minute or two.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeA

Good points, well said indeed.

S+F

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Something to be said about back in the day when not everyone got a trophy!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I agree as well, good points!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I watch Parking Wars as much as I can stand it. Sure don't;= park where you're not supposed to. My favorite parts are when they steal your car after booting it, leaving people stranded in the dead of winter when its 25 degrees out.

They used to hang horse thieves.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA
I am 51 years old and have seen the decline first hand. No one takes the blame for the things they do. Don't see it, simple turn on Cops or Parking wars and so forth. It's real simple to me if you get a parking ticket, speeding ticket or what ever it's YOUR fault not those paid to enforce those laws.

I watch a show like Parking Wars, for example, and see people parking in a bus stop that is clearly posted NO PARKING. They get a ticket and have the same thing to say. "I was only there for a minute you could have just given me a warning" First the sign says NO PARKING; NO meaning NOT AT ALL EVER. It does not mean it's ok if your only there for a minute. Second you had 2 warnings and ignored them. 1: The drivers test telling you what the signs say. 2: The sign itself clearly says you are not allowed to park there. This is true everywhere it says not to do something THE SIGN IS THE WARNING.

When I was a kid if a person was pulled over for speeding the driver might not be happy about getting caught but they did not blame the officer. Today someone gets pulled over they start cussing out the officer yelling and screaming about being in a hurry so the laws don't apply or what ever, then they go home and tell friends and family how the cop was rude and disrespectful and had no reason to stop you. All this in front of your kids. No flash forward a few years and your kid is being pulled over how do you think they will react? They refuse to stop because "I know my rights and I don't think I did anything that gives you the right to pull me over" So they don't stop end up being chased maybe get killed or kill others and end up in jail or worse. All because you were unwilling to admit you were wrong.

Where was your compassion when you blew through the stop light risking the lives of other drivers. Or blocked that handicap ramp just to park 10 feet closer to the ATM. Did it ever cross your mind that the officer is only doing the job WE pay him to do, or do you simply believe that the laws don't apply to you.

I guess what I'm saying is IF YOU crash into the building it's NOT the cars fault. If the breaks failed it's your fault for not maintaining them in working order. If your kid ends up bad don't blame the kid down the street because, first it's your kid and YOUR job to raise them, and second that kids parents are saying the same thing about yours.

WAKE UP people here's a clue COFFEE is hot, DRUGS have side effects, and RIDING A BIKE AT NIGHT is dangerous without a light. These things are not the fault of the people who make the product, but the people who USE them. If you slip and fall you don't sue the flooring company for not telling you it gets slippery when wet. Common sense should tell you that. Pay more attention to where you step. Bottom line is IF you do something it's YOUR FAULT. The job of raising your kids is YOURS not TV's or music. If you don't like the laws that's fine change them. That doesn't mean you can break them and complain when you get caught.

One more thing IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A HANDICAP TAG DO NOT PARK IN A HANDICAP SPACE. IF THAT HANDICAP PERSON IS NOT IN THE CAR AT THAT TIME YOU MAY NOT (REPEAT NOT) PARK IN THAT SPACE. The person registered to that handicap tag MUST be with you (NOT at home asking you to stop and pick up something for them) for you to use that parking space, and just because no one is parked there at the moment does NOT mean you can use it for just a minute or two.

I agree to a point.

My issue is that much of this stuff is just a revenue grab disguised under safety and order. This is what pisses people off. Artificially low speed limits. Red light cameras with shortened yellow signals. Deliberately unclear parking signs.

I do agree that many people simply won't take responsibility for their wrong doing, but at the same time, I get why some times people get upset. Doing 80 on an empty four lane highway in bumblephuck, OH and getting pulled over because the speed limit dropped to 65 for 1/4 mile and then raises back to 75 so some hick town can write tickets for revenue is BS.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have picked up three tickets in my years of driving, 2 parking, 1 speeding.

Nobody's fault by mine. I parked illegally dozens of times, have been caught twice. I try to stick to speed limits though and was gutted to get caught, but I was speeding none the less and paid the penalty.

Embrace the screw ups in life and try to learn from them, simple really.

If you keep making the same mistake, then you are, I'm afraid to say, a complete idiot,

edit on 15/9/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
51 years ago it was quite a nicer place, the population was Location Northern America
219,570,000 .....

It's kind of like rats in a cage now . Tempers are short and that has become the norm.

When you retire you get to laugh at all the frantic fools. Still not everyone fits that cast, there is still wonder and good in this fast paced, overstressed world.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

They use the same signs in every state in the country and they all say the same thing, same size, and same color. To say "I'm not from around here" please.... As for stop lights they are very simple as well. RED - STOP --- GREEN - GO --- YELLOW - CAUTION STOP IF YOU CAN BEFORE THE CROSSWALK. On a lot of lights the yellow is used by those drivers making a left turn. If you speed up to beat the red you're likely to hit one of them, and you were speeding to do it. If you are doing 80 in a 75 YOU'RE SPEEDING. The speed limit likely dropped to 65 because you are passing through that town in Ohio. Also highway limit signs warn you about a half mile in advance of the speed change. They don't do it just to make money, they do it to protect the people who live there. Plus it was not the cops who set that speed limit it was those people who live there. You may not like it but it's there town they can set it where they want it. If you don't want to pay the ticket SLOW DOWN. Now if you park in a legal parking space and someone double parks blocking you in would you get mad? Your darn right you would but you have no problem doing it to someone else. Why because you're in a hurry and will only be a few minutes. You drive down the road and want to make a left at the light and nearly get hit by someone blowing through the yellow do you wave and say you're welcome? NO WAY, but you'll do it. The worst part is that you teach these things to your kids. They learn to drive from watching you. They react the way you taught them to. Then you yell at them when they lie to you after watching you lie all day. Whos fault do you think that is.

I hate to say it but the problems you spoke of are ALL your fault. It's easy to solve though, "Pay attention to your surroundings"

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I just have one more thing that needs to be said.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I just have one more thing that needs to be said.

If you hear or see a Police car, Fire truck or what ever screaming down the road GET OUT OF THE WAY. That siren does NOT mean pull over after you get through the light or only if YOU think you're in the way. I was just coming home from the store today when I heard 2 police cars coming up from behind me. Once I knew they were not going to turn off before they get to me, IE: Just a couple blocks away, I pulled over and stopped. Some lady behind me then laid on her horn and changed lanes to go around me flipping me off as she did. Trouble was the 2 police cars were to close and they crashed into her nearly taking me with them. The woman got what she deserved, her car was totaled. The 2 officers however were both injured plus the person they were on their way to help I'll bet was none to happy either.

Look at it this way IF YOU ARE IN DANGER OR AT DEATHS DOOR WOULD YOU WANT THEM THERE FAST, or is it ok with you that they take their time and go with the flow of traffic? Next time you hear that sound try to imagine that the one in danger is someone you love AND MOVE !!!!!!!
edit on 9/17/2016 by MikeA because: Wasn't finished

new topics

top topics

join