It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the best Beer you've ever had?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Every bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale is the elixir of life.

It's the only beer that gets me "high" as well as drunk and great in hand to hand combat too.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm in Colorado, land of the brewery! Because of this, I've gotten very picky about what I consider to be a good beer. No Budweiser, Coors, or Corona for this girl anymore!! I could name off a list of local beers in my town that are my favorite, but it really is about what is going on at that moment that makes it memorable. For me it is always that first beer in spring when things have thawed out enough that you can go hang out on the patio of one of the breweries and not freeze your ass off. It's always the current Loveland Aleworks sour ale, hanging out at the brewery on their front patio with a beer, looking around at the green grass and trees starting to peek through winter's heavy hand, and breathing a sigh of relief because warmer weather is on it's way. However, this time of year (It's already Autumn here) my favorite beer is just a block away from Aleworks at Verboten Brewing! Their "Thinking of Something Orange - Orange Blossom Honey Wheat" feels a little bit like it's still summer! Crisp cool and citrus'y, but surrounded by orange and yellow changing leaves all over the place! Wrapped up in a light jacket, watching the world come to a slower pace, getting ready for winter. The grass is still green and feels like a cooler summer day, but the trees are mixed with greens, yellows, and tans... There is just something about that mix that feels like a transition. Not summer, not Autum, but just about the best beer drinking weather.

Now to be fair if it were crap beer, I wouldn't have nearly as strong of feelings about it.

OH one other good beer, that I don't even drink anymore because to be fair, it isn't a good beer. Had to be Corona, but only the one time when I was down in Mexico on a trip with my best friend. Sitting under a palm tree having forgotten about the rest of my life, I sat there having the best Corona I've ever had. It's never tasted as good as it did then.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have no favorite.
I have many beers I love depending on what I'm doing/eating/time of year.
Tonight, drinking a few Flying Dog Heat series Carolina Reaper Peach IPAs...
Just a few. Going well with the change in temperature outside.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Piraat.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
BBC Steel Rail from Berkshire Brewing Company in Massachusetts is probably my favorite. Although there are a lot of new beers out here in IA that I've yet to try...
edit on 15-9-2016 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmania

Most refreshing on a hot day = Cold and Free.

Amen!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I used to love cracking a Genesee Cream Ale in a can when I took a shower after a long day building pools in my mid 20's.

Best draft beer is Gritty's Pub Style at Gritty McDuff's in Portland, Maine. Best bottle beer was Sam Adams Scotch Ale, sadly discontinued long ago and replaced with their Brown Ale.

Home brews beat them both though. Small batch beer can't be beat.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Sweet baby jesus (?craft?)

October fest (sam adams)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I think it is a New Holland beer

a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I really like Founders All Day IPA. Low alcohol content and full flavor.
edit on 16-9-2016 by DagoTime because: Forgot to add my choice!

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Mmmm so many to choose from!
I highly recommend Ossian, brewed on the island of Skye, Scotland. It's a honey coloured ale, full bodied with an oak/slightly spicy aftertaste.
Failing that, Sharp's Doombar from Somerset, like drinking silk

Failing that, Spitfire ale from Faversham in Kent.
If you're on a tight budget i would recommend Carlsberg special brew, Red Stripe, or Perlenbacher strong (from the Lidl)
OK it's lager not ale but at the end of the day beer is beer! (Except Miller & Watney's, unless you like the taste of cat pee)
Not into ales? I am sorry for you.....
CHEERS

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

Oh yes, IPA, cool!
I didn't think the Americans were capable of brewing a good ale, but i tried the Goose Island IPA & it was pretty damn good, hats off to those across the pond

Only here it's almost 3 bucks a bottle, not something i get to drink every week!
-burp-

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Best beer? Pfffftt! Like the there is only one! There too many styles of beer to choose from.

Best: Do not know the name, brand, or brewery but it was small batch made in mid-America. Style: Flemish Red/Farmhouse Sour. (This was at a beer tasting from several years ago). ~11% ABV

Best (generally available): Guinness Stout (it was Canadian version, higher ABV than regular)

Favorite "go to": Deschutes Black Butte Porter
Favorite local: Glacier Brewhouse Stout (or cask conditioned IPA. Seasonal is the Imperial Stout on nitrogen) and just about anything from Anchorage Brewing Company.

Homebrew favorite to make: Coffee Stout (pump up the hops on a dry stout, add some more malt extract, after the boil and before the wort chiller, add 0.5 lbs coarse ground (French press) mildly acidic coffee and steep for 5-10 minutes. Ferment and condition per usual. When ready, get two buzzes in one!

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Coffee beer? That's sick....

Yes i tried Anchorage, liked it!
(I can hear some of my British freinds muttering "traitor" LOL)
edit on 16-9-2016 by playswithmachines because: Semantics

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What is "sick" about it? Both stouts and porters have chocolate malt and dark roasted malt; the dark roasted malt already has thick and coffee-like flavors so real coffee just accentuates the flavors already there. Plus you get a good caffeine buzz. I guess if you do not like stouts or porters (or cannot drink a straight espresso) it would not be your cup of tea!
(tee-hee)

Hey, there is always Smoked Salmon Vodka if you wish! (Not straight up... that is truly sickening!)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I tried african banana beer (good for headaches, as in getting them), belgian raspberry beer, all that stuff, but you can't beat a well roasted hop.
OK homebrew can come out pretty good, mine wasn't, it had some dead flies in there for a while & came out as what can only be described as pink vodka water, like my elderberry wine, it made a good toilet cleaner but it wasn't fit for consumption, LOL

Now coffee & whiskey, they were made for each other

ETA IPA is very big in Europe, even the big breweries are trying it, not with much success, the Grolsh version was like my homebrew!
One company did get it right, Brand beer from south holland make a damn good IPA, and it's cheap too!

edit on 16-9-2016 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2016 by playswithmachines because: Typo's due to too much research in the posted subject matter.......

I'm not partial to stout or guiness, i like roasted hops not burnt ones, but like theories, beers are many, i will continue the dilligent research!
edit on 16-9-2016 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I made a batch of maltier (compared to what I was making) homebrew. I sort of fell off the brewing train and just left it sitting there knowing it had probably turned. So, fast forward a couple years, the air lock had dried out, and there is this big, thick, black skin covering the surface. I pulled the cork... EEWWWWW!! So I reach in, extract the leather-like skin, and start to pour it down the drain. My buddy is over and he dares me to drink some! So I do! And I think that was my introduction to sour beer!! Now if you like balsamic vinegar you might like sour beers. They are a truly acquired taste but once you acquire it... it is all down hill from there!

I'll heft a pint for you PWM at the pub tonight!

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Waking up with a hangover is always time for a beer.

I need to fart and adjust the boys.

And who the hell is this?

Oh well, let's just have a brewski.

Score brother, have one more!

I got taxi money, or a ring in the drawer.
Depending on the situation.

But let's first slow down and have a beer to think about it.

Nice but nope.

edit on 16-9-2016 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Waking up with a hangover is always time for a beer.

I need to fart and adjust the boys.

And who the hell is this?

Oh well, let's just have a brewski.

Score brother, have one more!

I got taxi money, or a ring in the drawer.
Depending on the situation.

But let's first slow down and have a beer to think about it.

Nice but nope.

You're all class.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
My choice beer of the more expensive brands? Guinness. I like a beer I can actually taste, not pisswater in a bottle :p Our budget beers are a trade-off between Molson (I love you, Canada) and Hamm's, which is identical to Miller 64, IMHO.

Oberon Ale is pretty damn good, too. Everyone in my area goes apes# when it hits shelves every year. I thought it was just beer nut overreaction until we got a 6-pack to try. Absolutely not overrated, actually very good stuff.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Well, sometimes evenings start classy and then they get more barbarian with every sip.

But it takes more than one to tango.
When the guys start using their ties as bandannas and the shirts start hanging out, the earlier classiness starts waning a bit.

It's not a daily thing, but it happens.
Not really at my age anymore, just a joke.
Remembering the glory days.
But why not?
As long as people are single, remember disclosure and playing safe these days.

But yeah, too much beer can have a dis-inhibiting effect, and while the realities should be remembered, maybe a few of us wouldn't be here without that. Apparently the birth rates went up historically 9 months after major beer fests.

edit on 20-9-2016 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join